Kook

Dive in

Taehyung tries many more bathing suits, blessing both lifeguards eyes with his nice calves and strong stomach. 

By the end, Jimin and Jungkook both agree on a certain speedo that is just perfect for the boy.

It's not too short, sadly, however it's reaches quite a ways above the boys thighs, it's tight, and black with a thick line of gold coming down each thigh. 

Taehyung goes to the register and pays for the, quite expensive bathing suit before following both lifeguards out of the store.

"So Taehyung, do you want to join us for lunch?" Jimin asks as they walk through the mall. 

"Hmm, no actually I can't. I have to go soon." He says, bag in hand.

"Oh, do you have a ride to wherever you're going?" The short boy asks, wondering what Taehyung would be doing on a Saturday at noon.

"Yeah my dads picking me up. I'll just go wait outside so he sees me." Taehyung says, pointing to the direction of the door.

"I can wait with you if you want?" Jungkook says, startling himself and Jimin. 

"What about the foo..."

"Grab me anything from thai express, I'll pay you back." Jungkook says to Jimin before turning back to Taehyung, who's already walking. Jimin glares harshly at the lifeguard before walking over to Thai express. 

Jungkook isn't quite sure why he decides to walk with Taehyung but as his coach, he feels slightly responsible for the kid.

"So, you coming to practise on Monday?" Jungkook starts the conversation once he's caught up to Taehyung.

"Yeah. I don't want to though." Taehyung looks up at Jungkook with uncertainty all over his face.

"Why's that?" 

"Because I embarrassed myself last practise. And because it's really hard sometimes and I'm not good at hard practises." Taehyung says dryly, his voice getting deeper as he speaks.

"Why would you feel embarrassed?" Jungkook asks, not seeing any reason.

"Because you and Lisa expect me to be so..fast and strong. I can't handle hard practises no matter how fast I am in competition. I'm not always good you know." Taehyung says as they push through the doors.

The air hits them both, more frigid then a summer day should be. Taehyung shivers a little while awaiting Jungkook's response.

"Why does it matter? Go at your own pace. I feel like you're comparing yourself to someone else but all it matters is what you can do." Jungkook says, standing a little closer to the boy to trap some warmth.

His arm touches Taehyung's, and he looks down slightly at the boy, hoping his words were comforting. 

"I guess. I just hate when I can't do something." Taehyung says, frown deepening as he thinks about last practise and how tired he was.

"To be fair, I had an easier practise in mind, Lisa changed it up a bit." Jungkook says, causing a little laugh out of Taehyung.

The two boys wait in the cool air, staring at the empty parking lot while their bodies are stuck to each other's. 

"By the way, I think your new swim suit looks great. I'm sure it'll make you swim even faster." Jungkook says to the boy who doesn't look up.

"I'm not a kid, I know it won't make me swim faster Kook." Taehyung says with a small eye roll.

"Kook?" Jungkook moves slightly away from the boy to get a better look at his face in this moment. Did he just call me Kook? 

"Oh..I uh..sor" Suddenly a honk interrupts the stuttery boy, car pulling up in front of them.

"That's my ride. See you Monday." Taehyung says abruptly, thanking Jungkook quickly before hoping in the car with red cheeks and regret. 

Did I call him Kook? Really?