End

Dive in

Jungkook wakes up with his arms wrapped around Taehyung back, the boys head in his chest. 

It's pretty early, then sun just beginning to shine in Jungkook's room as he shuffles slightly. He sticks his hand in the younger boys brown hair and pets it slowly, cherishing the moment. 

And Taehyung soon wakes up, only shoving his face closer into Jungkook's chest, wanting to enjoy the warmth and clean smell from Jungkook's soap.

"G'morning." Jungkook smiles when Taehyung's eyes slowly open. The boy smiles in Jungkook's chest, pushing back a bit to look at the lifeguard. 

"Morning Kookie." Taehyung says, his eyes going from Jungkook's face to his chest. He notices the calm rise and fall from Jungkook's breathing, and he decides he loves to see nothing better.

"How'd you sleep, princess?" Jungkook teases, his hand pushing Taehyung's long bangs from his face.

"Really good. You?" Taehyung is still sleepy, his eyes half closed while he speaks.

"Same." Jungkook moves to lay on his back all of a sudden, loosing the contact from Taehyung.

The younger boy frowns, looking at the boy who's now further. However Jungkook is looking at the ceiling, one hand behind his head.

Taehyung scoots closer, putting his head back on Jungkook's chest.

"Taehyung-ah?" Jungkook's voice is husky.

"Mm?" The younger boy averts his eyes to the lifeguard.

"I uh... I wanted to ask you something." Jungkook seems nervous, he's pushing himself up on the bed so that his back is against the headboard. 

Taehyung also sits up, facing Jungkook with his legs crossed. He watches as Jungkook fidgets with the comforter.

"Yeah what is it?" Taehyung answer, causing Jungkook to look back up.

"Uh..well, I feel like it's kind of weird for me to be asking this now.. and I'm not exactly sure how to like say it and-"

"Jungkook... what is it?" Taehyung internally laughs at how much the lifeguard is babbling, but he keeps his mind focused on the coconut haired boys words. 

"Okay. Taehyung... do you want to be my...boyfriend?" Jungkook pauses on the last word, looking at Taehyung with many emotions showing on his face. He's biting his lip nervously as Taehyung takes his time to answer.

The younger boy smiles, scooting himself a bit closer to the boy before reaching out to grab Jungkook's fidgeting hand.

"Jungkook... what do you think." Taehyung says sarcastically but the lifeguard is still awaiting.

"Wel..I uh-"

"Of course ill be your boyfriend Kook! There's no one else I would choose." Taehyung's smile is sincere, and it's everything that Jungkook wanted to see. He loves it.

"Really!" Jungkook squeezes Taehyung's hand before leaning in and meeting Taehyung's lips. It's a soft, sweet kiss, and it's their first as official boyfriends.

Once they break apart, Jungkook's smile is fully wide, showing his bunny teeth.

"What'do ya say I make us some breakfast now?" The lifeguard smirks, Taehyung vigorously nodding as his stomach grumbles loudly.

Jungkook jumps off of the bed, throwing on his sweatpants over his boxers but not bothering with a shirt. Taehyung watches him, still sitting on the bed.

"You coming?" Jungkook asks once he arrives to the door. Taehyung nods, scooting himself off the bed before a terrible pain strikes right through his back.

The younger boys legs buckle and before he can fall he pulls himself back on the bed.

And Jungkook laughs.

He laughs.

Taehyung looks up at him with anger, about to yell when-

"Taehyungie I'm so sorry but... I think I might have been too hard on you last night." Jungkook continues to laugh, pointing as the boy stays stuck on the bed.

"Wow. Thanks for your help Jungkook-ah." Taehyung mutters, feeling his cheeks grow red from embarrassment. He knows last night he handled it all well but Taehyung had no clue the aftermath would be so...painful.

"I'm just kidding, I'll help you princess." Jungkook's voice changes from joking to sincere within seconds as he quickly approaches the bed where Taehyung grumpily sits.

The lifeguard snakes his arm around Taehyung's neck and the other underneath his knees before pulling him up into his arms bridal style.

"You don't need to do this!" Taehyung complains, feeling embarrassed once again as Jungkook begins walking out the door. 

Jungkook stops and looks down at Taehyung.

"Yes I do. And I want to." He says before pecking the younger boys lips.

After walking down the stairs and setting Taehyung down on the couch, Jungkook heads over to the kitchen to cook up some breakfast.

Taehyung turns on the TV, laying on his back as he scrolls through channels.

"Yah Jungkook, didn't you say your mom would be home late? Where is she?" Taehyung asks after not seeing her in the morning.

"Oh she's in her room. That's actually a good sign... it means she's finally sleeping." Jungkook smiles, grabbing eggs from the fridge.

Taehyung smiles too, glad that Jungkook's mom won't be a problem in his life anymore. 

~

They eat their breakfast on the couch while watching Tv and Jungkook is just purely happy. He wraps his arm around the younger and makes sure to sit extra close to the boy, because now, Taehyung is his. And only his.

Jungkook's Mom does eventually come down to greet the boys, not surprised to see that Taehyung's there. They talk more and Taehyung smiles with Jungkook as they watch his mom accept him. 

She's really happy and so are they.

Taehyung eventually gets dropped off at home by Jungkook, promising that he'll tell his parents about their relationship.

And he does, and they're more than happy about it. Taehyung knew his parents would understand, they aren't the type to hate him for being gay.

 

 

~1 week later~


The last 2 weeks of summer had been hectic for Jungkook. He had been on heavy duty as a lifeguard, getting in his last hours before they close the pool down. And he was starting to feel sad, thinking about saying goodbye to all his friends. However they promised him a job for the next summer, no doubt.

~

Every end of the summer there's an award banquet for all the swimmers at Bangtan Pool. 

It's Jungkook's first time coming and he's pretty impressed.

It's in a big complex where they rent one big room for a few hours.

Jungkook walks in to notice tables set up everywhere, a stage facing the front of everything and then a bunch of food being served. 

And a bunch of metals and trophies waiting to be given out.

The lifeguards had spent their free time figuring out what exactly they'll be doing during the banquet. They're the ones who give out all the awards on stage. So Jungkook is responsible for quite a few groups since he's new.

He has to go on stage for boys water-polo, for beginners diving, swim team for 11-12s and his own group . 

So let's just say that today, Jungkook was very busy. And stressed.


~


Taehyung catches eyes with the Jungkook a few times from across the room. They've barely seen each other all week because he was working a heavy shift and Taehyung was getting ready for school. His last year.

The two boys never discussed what would happen when summer ended, which stresses Taehyung a little. This is the last summer event they'll see each other at and it kind of makes Taehyung sad.

"Now onto the swim team, all swimmers please come up to the stage." Jungkook's voice rings in Taehyung's ears as Taehyung suddenly notices Yoongi and Hoseok standing up from next to him.

He gets up too, following both boys to the stage where Jungkook and Lisa await.

They're a small group so it's kind of awkward up there on stage. Taehyung gets a spot next to Jungkook, smiling to him when their eyes meet.

"Everyone did so well this year, it's hard to choose the swimmer of the year." Jungkook says, turning his attention to his team.

He has to choose one swimmer who stood out the most on the team.

"As a first time coach, I had a lot of fun coaching this group and all of you stood out in your own ways. That's why for swimmer of the year, Lisa and I decided to pick... two people this year."

Jungkook's smile is hesitating as he look to his group again, looking at Taehyung.

"So, the two swimmer who've worked extremely hard and had an amazing year are..."

Lisa grabs the big trophie, walking back next to Jungkook as he presents the winner.

"Taehyung and Yoongi." 

Taehyung's cheeks go pink as he looks up at the lifeguard beside him. And Jungkook has a big bright smile, shaking the boys hand to be professional. However he does let his hand linger a little bit more than others. 

Taehyung and Yoongi both hold the award together, getting some pictures taken before they are called off the stage.

As they're walking down, Taehyung gives the trophy to Yoongi.

"You can keep it with you. I know you love trophies." Taehyung says with a warm smile.

Yoongi is caught off guard, he's about to object when Hoseok comes up to him and pulls him into a tight hug.

"Hos..Hobi stop!" Yoongi pushes away from the boy but a small smile creeps up on his face as Hoseok smiles.

"Congrats Yoongi." He says before leading them back to their seats.

Taehyung is already sitting down, looking down at the table cloth and taken in the award. He's never won swimmer of the year before. It's quite a big thing. And it's all thanks to Jungkook for pushing him extra hard.

Hoseok and Yoongi leave the table together after a few more awards are named for girls synchro and diving.
Yoongi leaves the trophy though so it means he didn't actually leave the complex. Taehyung knows the boy would never leave without that.

Taehyung sighs, looking back up to the stage where the next award is being called. 

Jungkook is sitting next to the stage with Jimin and Mark, as they're all talking about something. However the lifeguards eyes aren't focused on the two boys but rather scanning the crowd.

They suddenly fall onto Taehyung, where they stay. Taehyung looks away for a second, pretending he wasn't staring at the lifeguard. However when he looks back at Jungkook, the lifeguard is still looking at him.

And his head is nodding to the left just slightly, before Taehyung notices his eyes looking at something. It's a door.

He's nodding for Taehyung to meet him at the door. And Taehyung barely catches it, but Jungkook is suddenly standing up and heading over to the door, where he soon disappears.

Taehyung gets up a minute later, anxiously following where the boy just left. 

Outside the doors is an empty hallway, before a bathroom follows right after the door. 

Jungkook must be in the bathroom. 

Taehyung walks over to the bathroom door, looking around him once more before entering. The bathroom is big and seemingly empty, except for the figure leaning on one of the sinks.

He smirks at Taehyung, watching the younger approach him slowly.

"Hey.." Taehyung is unsure what to say.

"Hey Tae." Jungkook smiles, waiting for Taehyung to get closer so he can pull him in.

And once Taehyung reaches the sink, Jungkook is snaking his arms around the younger boys waist and enjoying the warmth he's been missing for almost a week now.

"I've missed you Tae." Jungkook's voice is quiet and calm, Taehyung closes his eyes.

"Me too Jungkook." He hums, allowing Jungkook to hold him tightly.

Jungkook looks down at the boy, only seeing the top of his head. Taehyung feels the boy looking at him, so he suddenly looks up. When he looks up, Jungkook is about to close their lips together when they hear a bang on one of the bathroom stalls.

Both boys break apart, startled as they see the one closed stall. 

"!" Jungkook whispers to Taehyung, however he's smiling and Taehyung is chuckling.

"Hoseok don't be so loud." They hear a sudden whisper in the stall. A very familiar voice that has Taehyung raising his eyebrow.

"Wait a second... Yoongi?" Taehyung raises his voice, slowly approaching the closed stall. 

"Y..yes..." Yoongi's voice isn't like normal, it's not demanding or angry. It's hesitant and nervous. Taehyung smirks.

"Is that you? And...Hoseok?" Taehyung pushes and Jungkook starts to feel things are getting interesting.

The stall door suddenly slams open as Yoongi walks out, his hand holding onto something. Someone. 

"Uh..maybe it is." He says, looking from Taehyung back to in the stall.

"Yes it's me." Hoseok is too impatient, pushing Yoongi and him out of the stall where both boys are very surprised. Taehyung's mouth is open wide and Jungkook is just shocked.

"Oh come on. Don't look at me like that mister 'I missed you Tae' or 'I missed you too Jungkook'." Yoongi suddenly mocks, his old grouchy self coming back.

The lifeguard looks down, Taehyung suddenly fidgeting with his shirt collar.

"Um.. alright. How about we..just don't talk about this. Ever again." Taehyung says, nervously looking back up at Yoongi and Hoseok, who are equally awkward. 

"I agree." Yoongi says before grabbing Hoseok hand and pulling them out of the bathroom. And  tries to ignore the small hickey forming on Hoseoks neck.

Jungkook is about to continue where they left off when more people enter the bathroom. He groans and looks at Taehyung apologetically before they both decide to leave the bathroom.

"Taehyung lets talk after." Jungkook says, patting the younger's back before heading back over to his seat next to Jimin. 


And the rest of the banquet is real long, especially for Taehyung who now sits alone when Yoongi and Hoseok decide to leave. And Taehyung can't help but feel more and more stressed as the banquet comes to an end, remembering this might be the last time he sees Jungkook.... at least for a while.

Taehyung's parents arrive to pick the younger boy up. He tells them that he wants to stay til the end but they tell the boy that they'd like to leave now.

Taehyung tries to get Jungkook's attention, he tries to tell him that he has to go. But Jungkook doesn't look up.

"Come on honey, we have to go." Taehyung's mom says for the fifth time, dragging the younger boy from his seat. And Taehyung decides to follow, realizing his mother won't listen to him no matter what.

He sighs as he slowly begins to walk out, looking at everyone for the last time. It'll be at least 9-10 months before they all see each other again at swim team. 

"Uh...excuse me miss... I was just wondering, can I borrow Taehyung for one second?" 

Taehyung looks in front of him where his mom was walking, to notice she's stopped and now Jungkook is standing in front of her.

She looks back at Taehyung before nodding.

"Sure Jungkook! I'll give you two five minutes." She says, waving to the boys before exiting through the door.

"Jungkook?"

"Hey, Tae follow me." Jungkook sounds rushed as he suddenly starts speed walking over to his spot near the stage. Taehyung isn't sure where he's going but he decides to follow.

Next thing Taehyung knows, Jungkook is walking through the emergency exit door behind the stage where he brings Taehyung.

They're standing just outside the door, Jungkook breathless from his half walk half run. 

"Wh..what is it?" Taehyung asks, Not able to hide the slight disappointment in his tone as he feels Jungkook is saying goodbye. 

"I just.. wanted to quickly say something Tae." Jungkook says, biting his lip as he looks down at Taehyung.

Taehyung keeps his eyes to the ground, his face almost in a pout as he hears Jungkook talk.

"Hey Taehyung...don't look so sad.." Jungkook suddenly gets closer to the boy, tilting his chin up so he can look at Taehyung. And Taehyung's eyes are glossy, which makes Jungkook feels even worse.

"W..what's wrong.." Jungkook looks worried and Taehyung doesn't want him to be.

"It's..nothing." Taehyung brushes it off, backing away from Jungkook butnthe older just takes another step in.

"Tell me Taehyung." His voice is suddenly serious, eyes too stern to look away from.

Taehyung's lip quivers as he begins to talk.

"I just... the summer is over and.. what are we going to do. You'll be in college and I'm still a high school student. We won't even see each other and I don't want to say goodbye yet but-"

"Whoa whoa... what are you saying Tae? What are you saying about goodbyes? What makes you think I'm saying goodbye?" Jungkook reaches out for Taehyung's hand and when the boy doesn't give it, Jungkook leans over to grab it.

"Taehyung, this isn't a goodbye. I don't care that we'll be in compellty different schools, doing different things with different people. I want my time to be with you, and only you. I want to see you, I want to help you with your homework and take you out on dates. I want to kiss you and hug you and...I really just want you Tae." 

Jungkook's voice is loud as he speaks, his confession not able to hold itself in any longer as he clutched Taehyung's hand. The boy's eyes water even more when Jungkook finishes speaking. He's waiting for a response.

"I...me too Jungkook. I don't want to say goodbye to you. At all." Taehyung can't say too much or he might just cry. He doesn't want to leave Jungkook and he doesn't want things to end between them just because they won't be at the same school and because summers finished.

"Well then, who's says we have to say goodbye? You start school on Monday? Fine, I'll be over on Sunday to help you get ready Tae. I'll be there for you, we can see each other. It doesn't have to be a summer thing." Jungkook finally says, the words that Taehyung was waiting to hear.

It doesn't have to be a summer thing.

"Okay. I..I have to go Jungkook-" Taehyung turns around to leave, not wanting Jungkook to see him cry when the boy pulls Taehyung back.

"Wait Taehyung. I don't want you to go home still feeling sad. I want you to know that this isn't a summer fling, this isn't just about me coaching you. This isn't about anything other than me, loving you."

Taehyung's heart stops beating for a second. Did he just say... loving? As in... love? 

"Y..what?" Taehyung is caught off guard when Jungkook pulls him into a kiss, clutching his cheek as their lips connect.

And Taehyung loves the feeling of Jungkook's lips. He loves the feeling of his hands on him, or the way he holds Taehyung. He loves his cologne and the way Jungkook always smells good. He loves...

"Jungkook I... I love you too." Taehyung breaks the kiss, they're faces just ghosting inches away from each other when Jungkook breaths out.

"Thank god." Jungkook sighs before they reconnect their lips quickly for one final kiss. Not for a goodbye kiss that would determine the end, but a kiss that would start something new between both of them. Something that would last a really long time.