Dive in

Dive in

Finally, the summer has begun. The grass is green, the sun in out, the birds are chirping. And school is over. 

Jungkook is now 18 years old, and instead of having another boring summer of working at fast food places or babysitting, he has the job he's wanted for a while now.

A lifeguard. 

Jungkook's been swimming for all his life, in his small town public pool. It wasn't all that competitive or great, but he still got quite good at it.

However a year ago, Jungkook's mom got offered a better job in a better place, so to make things short, they packed up their things and came to the richer end of Korea.

Jungkook's parents had gotten divorced a while back, and his father had left and decided to live out of the continent. Jungkook stays more with his mom than his father, and only sees his dad once or twice a year. 

Jungkook's mom is a business worker for a vegetable company. Who knew their little town presence would grow so much on a manager so big. Anyways, because of his mothers great business, it moved them to where they are now.

And the first thing Jungkook wanted to do when he got here, was to get a job as a lifeguard. So he sent out his CV as soon as possible. 

~

It's only been two weeks now that Jungkook and his mom have been moved in, and he's already gotten a call from Namjoon, the pool owner, saying that he's been excepted. 

Now usually people can't just walk into a new town and get a job just like that, Jungkook knows that for a fact. In his town, it was hard to get any kind of job, even when he needed the money.

But since he applied to a not-so popular pool, they needed more lifeguards. And they also apparently needed new coaches, one in particular to coach the age group. 

Jungkook had excepted the offer, already knowing quite a lot about swimming, as he swam for most of his life.

And now, Jungkook finds himself standing in the staff room, meeting one of the lifeguards he'll be working with, who has much more experience. 


And a nicer tan.

~

"Jeon Jungkook, is it?" Jungkook hears after taking a step into the lifeguard staff room. He still sees no one, until a tall man with black, buzz cut hair walking out of one of the rooms. 

The staff room is pretty simple. It's just the building next to the pool where the lifeguards stay in when they're not on duty. The walls are all dark blue, there's a couch in the corner, and a small kitchen all in the main room. Then there's a hallway, with a bathroom and a first aid room. 

"I'm Namjoon, we talked over the phone." Jungkook nods, taking another step forwards to shake Namjoon's hand.

"We're very glad to have you here! Work will start tomorrow morning, swimming is at 9am." He says, with a strong grip on Jungkook's hand, before waking over to a white board on the wall with a schedule of all the practises. 

"Alright, thanks Namjoon! See you tomorrow." Jungkook says, bowing his head to the older member before turning back around and heading out of the small building. 

Today is Sunday, so there's no swimming until tomorrow. It's already 9pm so no one is at the pool except Namjoon. Jungkook had been called in just to check out the pool and meet Namjoon to get his schedule. 

Jungkook walks out of the pool area, taking long strides as he looks at the pool. It's big and dark in the night sky. There's diving boards in the deep end and lanes in the rest of the pool. Each lanes has a diving block in front of it for starts. Then on the farther right end of the pool, there's a grass area with bleachers. 

Jungkook finally walks through the gates of the pool, heading to the parking lot where his car sits. He gets in and stares at the pool once more before driving away, feeling happy that this is where he'll be working from now on.