Day 3- mood

Dive in

It's Wednesday so Taehyung doesn't have swim team today. 

Jimin is busy and Hoseok is hanging with Yoongi so Taehyung doesn't have any plans. 

So Taehyung decides to post on Instagram. He hasn't really been on in a while, slightly defeated that the lifeguard declined his follower request. However he's in the mood to post today. 

Taehyung spends about 20 minutes taking selcas until he finally gets the right one to post. 


Once Taehyung is done posting, his phone starts to ring, a caller popping up. 

He answers right away.

"Heyy." Taehyung says first.

"Hey Tae, I have a small favour to ask you. Are you busy right now?" Jimin asks from the other end of the phone.

Taehyung looks at the clock. It's 1:30pm. He's definitely not busy and won't be anytime soon.

"I'm free, what's the favour?" 

"Well, I'm on duty right now and I don't have time to go get lunch, so I was maybe wondering if you could.... you know...." Jimin's voice is pleading.

"Buy lunch for you? Yeah sure." Taehyung says easily.

"Wait really!" Jimin is surprised, usually Taehyung says no.

"However.." Jimin sighs when he hears that.

"You have to pay me back when I get to the pool. Remember I don't have a job or money." Taehyung states, bringing back the memories of him getting rejected from multiple places he applied to.

"Alright fine! Thanks TaeTae." Jimin says, not even telling Taehyung what he wants for lunch before hanging up. 

Taehyung groans, getting up from his couch and looking for his wallet. Once he finds it, he throws on a hoodie and some shorts before leaving the house.

On the way to the pool Taehyung just picks up a small box of pizza because he really doesn't know what else to buy Jimin. 

He bikes with it in one hand and tries not to fall because that seems to be a habit of his. 

Taehyung then parks his bike where the bike rack is and quickly brings the pizza inside. 

The reason he tried to go quickly is because half way through biking, Taehyung remembered that Jungkook would be here. 

And Taehyung also remembered how embarrassingly confident he was last night. Just thinking about it makes Taehyung's cheeks hot. He can't face the lifeguard just yet.

When Taehyung walks into the pool, the first person he sees is Jimin, on the closest chair in front of him. 

With the pizza box in hand, Taehyung approaches the chair and calls up to the lifeguard.

"Wowww thanks Tae! Can you just put it in the fridge in the staff room? Thanks so much." Jimin says with excitement but Taehyung doesn't budge.

"What.." Jimin asks when Taehyung looks like he's expecting something more.

"Money." Is all the younger boy says. 

"Ohhhh right! My wallets in my bag on the couch. You can go through it." Jimin says which finally earns a smile from his cute friend.

So Taehyung waves to Jimin before slowly approaching the door to the staff room. He's not very comfortable going in because he's not a lifeguard, but Jimin gave him permission.

So Taehyung opens the door and sees an all familiar room. And sitting on the couch is an all too familiar lifeguard. Taehyung's heart pace speeds up a little. 

Memories of last nights swim meet come back and he remembers exactly what he said and did. And suddenly, that confident Taehyung from last night is completely gone. 

Jungkook doesn't look up though, as his elbows are on his knees and his head in his hands. There's papers in front of him that he reads and writes on and it looks like he's pretty busy. And stressed.

So Taehyung just sneaks by, heading to the fridge with light footsteps. He opens the door, managing to still be quiet as he places the box into the fridge. Then Taehyung closes the door and turns back around. 

Just as he's about to try and sneak back out, he remembers something. The money. 

Jimin's bag is thrown across the couch, only a few inches away from where Jungkook sits. And Taehyung starts to think that maybe he doesn't even need to collect the money. 

Taehyung stays there too long torn between leaving or reaching for the money, that he's surprised when a voice interrupts his thoughts.

"Why are you just standing there?" Jungkook says in a flat tone. Taehyung abruptly looks up to see Jungkook, looking at Taehyung with seriousness. 

However he has dark circles under his eyes and his hair is not the most presentable, Taehyung notices.

"Oh..uh Jimin wanted me to get something from his bag and uh.." Taehyung points to the bag next to Jungkook.

"Come on and get it then." Jungkook waves Taehyung over before training his tired eyes back to the papers in front of him. 

Taehyung hesitates for a second before walking over to the couch and grabbing the lifeguards bag. As his hands rummage through the bag for a wallet, he looks at the paper that Jungkook is so focused on.

'Swim Team rules and things to remember' it says. Why would he be reading that now if he's a coach? But then Taehyung's eyes scroll deeper to see what Jungkook had written himself.

'Remember to treat everyone the same. Remember to impress the evaluator. Remember to be precautious' 

Taehyung's eyebrow furrows the more he reads, but suddenly Jungkook's head is turning and Taehyung focuses back to the bag in hand as Jungkook looks at him. 

"What did he even tell you to get?" Jungkook asks, his voice croaky.

"Oh just..." his wallet so I can take his money?

"His extra whistle. His was starting not to work..." Taehyung lies with a nervous smile. Jungkook just nods.

It's strange to see the lifeguard in a bad mood, but Taehyung can see that he's obviously tired and working hard for something so Taehyung tries not to take it too personally.

"Alright well, goodbye then. See you tomorrow." Taehyung says once he's found Jimin's money. 

"Bye." Jungkook says, not looking up as his hand waves Taehyung off. 

And Taehyung leaves the staff room with a little bit of worry for the boy.