Relay

Dive in

After swim practise, Jungkook had not realized his day was just starting.

"Jungkook-ah it's your turn on te chair." Jimin had said as he was heading back to the staff room. Jimin lead him to one of the life guard chairs where he had replaced Mark.

And now, 5 hours later, it's 2pm, his lunch break. 

"Yeah we're gonna go out to the lunch place down the street." Jungkook overhears Namjoon, and Jin talking. 

They look over at Jungkook, who's sitting on the couch, on his phone. 

"Jungkook, wanna come with us for lunch?" Jin asks, both looking at him. He hesitates a little, thinking about just going home to eat when he notices the smile on the two boys faces.

"Sure." He says, getting up from the couch and briefly changing into a shirt.

~

Even though Namjoon is 3 years older than Jungkook, he still feels like their the same age. Even Jin, who's 20, seems more like 18.

"So how was swim practise for the first day?" Namjoon asks, before taking a bite of his sandwich. 

"It was fun. There's many interesting personalities in my group." Jungkook says, thinking of the mixture of gloomy, mysterious and bubbly swimmers he had. 

"Yeah, every year there's always those few who stand out from the rest. Like Yoongi. An amazing swimmer. I don't see anyone catching up to him." Namjoon says proudly. 

"Well I noticed in my group that others were pretty determined too." Jungkook says, not necessarily backing up the grumpy boy.

"Yeah determined. However not quite fast enough. And what we want is to go to finals. Only Yoongi and his relay team ever make it." Namjoon says, Jin silently stuffing his face beside the older. 

"Relay team?" Jungkook asks, curious as to who in his group would accompany the boy in a relay.

"Yeah, Yoongi, Mark, Jackson and Kim Taehyung." 

"Wait, Mark is a lifeguard. And who's Jackson?" Jungkook is suddenly full of questions, finishing up his pizza before giving all ears to the pool owner.

"Since the group is , that includes lifeguards. Actually, I think you should join too. You don't go to practises, only you have to complete 200 laps in your free time. Per week. You compete with the rest at competitions every Tuesday." Jin says, letting Namjoon have a break from talking.

"Oh and Jackson is in your group,
He skips practises usually." He adds.

"Wait so I can be on the swim team,
I just have to do 200 laps when I'm not on duty?" Jungkook asks.

"Yeah." Namjoon and Jin say at the same time.

"Actually that'd be great because Mark has been telling us he's wanted out of the relay for a while now. Maybe you could take his place?" Namjoon says before standing up and throwing away his garbage. Jin follows him, and Jungkook also gets up.

"Hmm, maybe." Jungkook mumbles, thinking in his head.

A relay team with Yoongi, me, Mark and.. Taehyung? That would be interesting.