Impressive

Dive in

 

"Alright everyone, since tonight is the firs competition of the summer, we'll be practising the events you're swimming." Jungkook says, pulling off his shirt so he can fit in with the other lifeguards. 

They all match with the same blue and white swim trunks. Even the girls wear blue and white racing bathing suits.

"Yoongi, what are you swimming tonight?" Lisa asks, clipboard in hand, ready to record all the swimmers events.

"Front crawl and Butterfly." Yoongi says. Barely anyone swims fly because it's the hardest so that'll help a little bit.

"Okay, Taehyung?" Jungkook asks, looking down at the boy in the water.

"Same." He says, looking over at Yoongi with challenge in his eyes. Jungkook raises his eyebrows a little before watching Lisa write it down.

"Jisoo?" 

" and front crawl."

"And Hoseok?" 

"I'll be swimming back crawl and ." He says happily. Lisa gets all of it down before placing her board on the block.

"Alright, there will also be a relay tonight, it'll be Yoongi, Mark, Jungkook and Taehyung."

Yoongi has a glint of surprise on his face for the first time as he looks up at Jungkook.

"You're swimming with us?" He asks. Jungkook just nods, not wanting to hear anything other than positive remarks.

"Anyways, let's get this practise going. Start with 8 laps of kick." Lisa says, handing the four swimmers their kickboards. 

Jungkook is surprised when he looks up and see's Taehyung, ahead of Yoongi.

He looks over to Lisa with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, Yoongi isn't all that great at kick. He's better at pull, using his arms." She says, looking at the boy trailing behind Taehyung.

"Taehyung is the best kicker?" Jungkook asks, believing it by the look of the boys thighs. Lisa nods.

"Hoseok is quite fast too with kick." She says, seeing him speed up behind Yoongi.

Jungkook watches the other groups swim, seeing what they're doing. 

Jimin is in the water with the younger kids, helping them swim. 

Jin and Mark have combined their groups in the deep end, doing short relays. 

"By the way Jungkook, be prepared for Friday's and Mondays, those are the hard practises. So try to come up with some hard sets." Lisa says.

His schedule is pretty simple, swim team everyday except for Wednesdays. Competitions on Tuesday nights and the rest of the time he's here it's to sit in the chair and lookout for the swimmers during free swim.

Jungkook nods looking back in the lane to notice Taehyung touching the wall without a hint of exhaustion. He throws his kick board out of the water and looks up at the two coaches.

"I'm done." He says.

Jungkook laughs a little in his head before suddenly crouching down so that he's close enough to the younger boy. 

However he doesn't mean for their faces to only be inches apart as he speaks. 

"Good work." He says, watching the boy in front of him look into his eyes. It's strange but Jungkook can almost feel the motivation from the boy in front of him. He see's a sparkle in his eyes. 

Taehyung smiles and nods before sinking into the water and coming back up to shake his wet hair.  Jungkook stands back up quickly so he doesn't get sprayed by the water. 

Yoongi soon touches the wall after Taehyung, also discarding his board with Hoseok only a few behind him. Jisoo comes a little bit later and they're all together again. 

"Since there's a competition tonight, practise will be easy. Practise your flip turns and touches." Lisa says, taking a seat on the diving block. She puts her sunglasses on and hopes the sun will only tan her body.

~

Once the practise is over, the swimmers get out of the water and thank their coaches before getting their towels. Jungkook watches the mysterious Taehyung head off to his towel, before catching eyes with someone.

When Jungkook looks to who the younger boy is looking at, he notices Jimin. And Jimin also approaches the boy with a big smile on his face.