Fired?

Dive in

 

"Screw what I said before about not caring, I'm so screwed if I loose this job...really what am I going to do." Jungkook's break down begins as he's waiting  in the staff room with Jin.

"Calm down Jungkook, Namjoon isn't a terrible person okay!" Jin says while patting the younger on the back.

"Jungkook, please follow me alone." Namjoon interrupts both boys as he walks into the staff room and continues through the hallway. He doesn't glance at Jin as he walks by and Jin knows the leader is in work mode. 

"Good luck Jungkook." Jin whispers as the younger nervously gets up to follow Namjoon. He cracks a small smile and a thumbs up before he disappears into the hallway.

Namjoon opens one of the doors in the hallway of the staff room, leading to a pretty empty room, minus the desk in the corner and two chairs.

Namjoon takes a seat in the chair behind the desk and Jungkook sits in the other one in front of the desk. 

There's papers scattered across the desk and Namjoon looks down at them before picking a few up and gathering together.

There's silence in the room and the only noise to be heard is the sound of the clock on the wall above Jungkook's head. 

"Jungkook." Namjoon calls the boys attention after what seems like minutes of organizing papers. 

"Yes Namjoon Hyung?" Jungkook looks up from his lap and faces the leader.

"As you know, I evaluated your coaching skills this Friday. I evaluated you on three criteria's and graded each one. A fail in one would mean a fail in all. Do you understand?" Namjoon says while looking back down at the papers in his hands, they must be Jungkook's grades.

Jungkook just nods, impatiently awaiting his results. He doesn't know what he'll do if he fails... he'd have to find a new job. His mother would be over the top angry at him.

"So, to get started, the first criteria was organization. You scored an 85%. The reason for this grade is because you demonstrated good preparation and showed up on time. You already had a set in mind and used the right amount of time to get it done. However..."

Jungkook worries that Namjoon will bring up that he didn't organize a good enough set, because he really only got influenced by others to make it hard when really, he wanted I make an easier set.

"When organizing a set, you have to make it so that each swimmer in your group is comfortable with it. In this case, well that wasn't the case." Namjoon says, looking up at Jungkook sternly, only reminding him about the incident with the younger swimmer. 

"I understand. Now I definitely know my groups capabilities and I will improve myself for them." Jungkook is unsure what he's saying but he tries his best to get on Namjoon's good side by some sweet talk.

"The second criteria is enthusiasm and presence. You scored a 92% for this as we noticed you to be very motivating and persuasive." Namjoon says, surprising the younger quite a bit. 

"Now, for the third and last criteria, we scored you on skill and experience. What this means is how well of a lifeguard you made out to be." 

Jungkook's heart picks up speed when Namjoon begins to talk. This is the criteria that could be marked the hardest. Jungkook had a procedure to be done during his examination and if he didn't do the right thing, he'll for sure fail.

If he didn't treat Taehyung the right way, he'll fail. If he even just forgot a step in his saving procedure, he'll fail.

Even worse, Taehyung might believe it's his own fault, when clearly Jungkook was too hard on the boy. 

Jungkook's hands are clamy, he nervously sweats when he looks back up to Namjoon.

"For this criteria, you received a grade that we've never given before."

When Namjoon says that, Jungkook's stomach drops. It must have been so bad that they've never even given out such a low number before. As Namjoon continues to speak, Jungkook's brain is clouded by his negative thoughts and emotions.

"Your score for skill and experience came out to be a 98% Jungkook. You passed as a coach and a lifeguard and we garante you a permanent spot at our pool. Congratulations." 

Jungkook barely hears what Namjoon says, thinking too much about the negative. However the word congratulations strikes him back to reality as he looks up and sees the leader smiling. 

"B..but why!?" Jungkook asks all of a sudden, questioning it.

Namjoon raises his eyebrow a little, wondering why Jungkook isn't celebrating.

"When Taehyung had a cramp in his leg, you followed procedure perfectly. Each step you did was exactly hat you were suppose to and you even told your other coach to continue on with the lesson which we came out to realize was a very grateful thing of you. You kept your mind focused on Taehyung the entire time and we need that in a lifeguard." Namjoon tells the younger, who's still in shock.

After receiving a certificate and singing some paperwork, Jungkook is officiall confirmed to be a real coach at Bangtan pool. And he's happier then ever. 

And more than anything, now Jungkook can continue his plan to steal Taehyung's heart. 

Starting on Monday, at swim practise