Pool sleepover pt.3

Dive in


By the time the movies over, most of the kids have fallen asleep in their blankets. And it's Jin's job to wake them all up and make sure they go to their tents.

It's already 12:00, causing a yawn from Jungkook as he watches the credits roll on screen.

Next to him, Taehyung is doing the same, however his eyes are half closed, threatening to fall asleep.

"Yah Taehyung, you can't sleep yet." Jungkook nudges the younger boy, jolting him back to reality.

Jungkook gets up and helps the younger boy up so their both standing. They watch the kids quickly head to their tents with Jin's assistance. 

"Where are you sleeping?" Jungkook asks Taehyung, looking around for his tent.

"Oh, I'm suppose to sleep in Hoseok's tent but... I'm pretty sure that won't happen." Taehyung says, looking at Hoseok who's still sitting with Yoongi. 

Jungkook feels bad for the boy, not quite sure what to do to help. 

"Maybe you could..."

"Yah Jeon, we need to do Rock Paper Scissors to decide who's on duty!" Jimin interrupts, walking up to the two boys.

It's the first time Jimin's been near Taehyung since the..kiss. He tries to only look at Jungkook when he speaks, still feeling an awkward mood.

"Alright alright. We need the other lifeguards too." Jungkook says, looking around to see them in close sight.


So of course, Jungkook, Jimin, Mark, Jin, Lisa and Namjoon all play Rock Paper Scissors. 

And the lucky loser is obviously Jungkook. 

"Hahahah you have to stay up all night! Have fun being dead." Lisa teases Jungkook, running away before the lifeguard attacks.

Jin and Namjoon pat the boy on his back before leaving to go help others set up.

"You're on your own buddy." Mark says quietly before also leaving.

So here they are standing next to the lit up pool, Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung.


"Jimin-ah, what am I suppose to do exactly?" Jungkook asks, looking around the pool. Is he suppose to sit in the chair? On the grass?

"Oh yeah. I forgot, you get to lie on an air mattress but you don't get a tent. And the air mattress has to be right next to the pool." Jimin says specifically.

And Taehyung laughs.

"What's so funny?" Both lifeguards ask in sync.

"Nothing. I mean, it's funny that you have to lie on an air mattress and stare at the pool for 10 hours." Taehyung says to Jungkook, receiving a light slap in return.

"Well, in gonna go get the air mattress. Well I'm gone you two can..talk." Jungkook says, eyeing Jimin and Taehyung for the hint. 

Jimin seems to understand first though, rolling his eyes a little as the younger lifeguard walks away slickly.

He leans his back against the lifeguard chair and let's silence eat them up.

"Soo... how's summer going?" Jimin decides to ask when he see's Taehyung fidget awkwardly.

"It's been good... you?" Taehyung asks, looking at the pool instead of Jimin.

"Good. Taehyungie, can I just say something?" Jimin says, pushing himself off of the chair to get closer to Taehyung.

It startles the younger boy for a second, causing him to back away a little but he nods.

"I'm really sorry about the other day. I don't want anything to change between us okay. It was just a little mistake, a little confusion. Please forgive me for what I did." Jimin says while standing face to face with Taehyung.

The younger boy looks back up at Jimin, small smile forming.

"Of course Jimin. Don't be dumb. We'll always be friends, I could never loose you." Taehyung says while hitting Jimin's shoulder jokingly.

"Really!" Jimin says excitedly, hoping his friend is telling the truth.

"Of course. I'm glad I met you Jimin." Taehyung says with a warm smile that lightens Jimin up.

Jimin pulls the younger into a tight hug, before Jungkook comes back with a deflated air mattress in hand.

"Why didn't you tell me you guys were hugging? I could've joined in." Jungkook says when he approaches both boys. They separate pretty quickly and laugh at the lifeguard.

"I'm going to get my tent set up. Have a fun night and ah Taehyung my tents open if you need a partner." Jimin says with a joking smirk as he walks away.

Taehyung shakes his head a little, laughing quietly at his friend. He then looks to Jungkook, who's looking down at the air mattress. 

The lifeguard seems to be contemplating how he's going to blow it up. He had no pump or anything.

"Jungkook how are you blowing that up?" Taehyung asks, pointing the the large air mattress.

"My mouth."

And with that Jungkook takes a seat on the grass and begins to blow up his very large air mattress. 

Taehyung has nothing better to do and he's not tired so he takes a seat next to the boy and watches with humour.

And at first, it's funny to watch Jungkook take deep breaths and blow air into the mattress.

However after a while, Taehyung starts feeling mesmerized by Jungkook's lips, forming around the plastic tube that he blows into, or how his cheeks hollow and turn pink when he looses air.

Or how he breaths heavily and his lips every few minutes. And the silence is thick in the air, allowing Taehyung only to hear Jungkook and nothing else.

"I'll help." Taehyung blurts out the next time Jungkook his lips yet again.

He pulls his mouth off of the tube and looks at Taehyung with a red face.

"Please do." Jungkook says, feeling incredibly dizzy as he hands the mattress to Taehyung. 

And Taehyung begins to do the same, blowing his air into the mattress as Jungkook watches. 


It's going to be a long night.