Day 2-I'll show you

Dive in

Taehyung is late to swim practise today and he rushes through the gates to see that warm up has already started. 

He rushes over to the lane and begins to shed his clothing.

"Hurry up Taehyung, you already missed warmup." Jungkook says when he notices the boy taking off his shirt. Taehyung stops for a second to see an impatient Jungkook and it throws him off a bit. 

Once the boy is in, Jungkook is right, warmup is over. 

"Today we'll be doing a lot of sprints. 32 to be exact." Jungkook says as Lisa gives him the white board. 

Taehyung's mouth drops.

"Uh..isn't that a little too much when we have a competition tonight?" He speaks upright, not exactly wanting to die before the meet tonight.

"I think it's perfectly fine. You can do it." Jungkook says before putting the board down and watching the boy. 

Taehyung is speechless. He hasn't even been here for 5 minutes yet something feels so off. There's a weird vibe going on and he really doesn't understand it. Or like it.

~

The sprints are terrible, even Yoongi is tired and trails slower than usual. Taehyung is sure that Hoseok didn't even complete all the sprints but all they want do now is go home and sleep.

"Since we still have 10 minutes, let's practise starts. Everyone out." Jungkook says while watching each swimmer lazily push themselves out of the lane. 

Everyone's faces are red and hot as they breath heavily.

"Yoongi go first. Then Jackson. Then Taehyung." Jungkook says.

Jackson suddenly turns to look at the lifeguard, his face full of confusion.

"Why am I second? Taehyung is faster.." Jackson asks while looking at Taehyung who's also confused. 

"Swimmer take your marks, go." Jungkook says to Yoongi, totally ignoring Jacksons statement, or not even hearing it. 

Jackson dives in next, and Taehyung steps up to the edge of the water with absolute confusion and anger. 

"Take your marks, go." Jungkook says and Taehyung tries to do his best dive to at least be impressive. However when he comes up, Jungkook isn't even watching but rather focusing on Hoseok's dive. 

And Taehyung is angry for real now. He's angry at Jungkook's sudden bossy mood, his ignorance and dominance. 

Taehyung's gonna make sure the lifeguard sees him tonight, nice and clear.

~

Taehyung's mission stands as he arrives to the swim meet. If Jungkook's going to act all cold and bossy, well two can play at that game. 

"Taehyung just in time, get your goggles, warm up starts in 2." Lisa says joyfully as she walks over to the lane. Taehyung nods and throws his bag on the bench before changing and following Yoongi and Hoseok to the lane.

Jackson still isn't here and Jisoo is talking with Lisa.

Taehyung jumps in first, not really wanting to see Jungkook right this moment as he begins the warm up. Order doesn't matter when it comes to swim competitions so Yoongi goes after Taehyung. It's only a few laps anyways. 

Jungkook doesn't help with warmup but rather sits at one of the tables and makes everyone's cards (if you don't know what swim cards are, it's just a card you give to your timer that tells them your name and what you're swimming.)

~

After warm up, Taehyung decides to hang out with Jimin to pump him up for his race. He's very motivated to beat Yoongi and this is the perfect day to prove himself. 

"You'll do great Tae! I really hope you beat Yoongi." Jimin says with a smirk on his face as he pats the younger on the back.

"Thanks Jimin! What are you swimming tonight?" 

"stroke and back." He says and Taehyung wishes the lifeguard good luck before heading to his lane.

He notices Hoseok on the side lines cheering, however it's not for him, but rather for Yoongi. 

"Goo Yoongi! Remember to kick hard." He shouts and everyone looks at the loud boy. Yoongi puts his goggles on to slightly cover his face from embarrassment. Hoseok really is a handful. 

Taehyung notices Lisa and Jisoo giving him a thumbs up, Jungkook no where to be seen. He looks around the side of the pool a little, only spotting Jimin standing behind him with a smile. 

However behind Jimin is indeed the lifeguard, who looks away when Taehyung looks at him. 

He better watch carefully. 

"Swimmers take your marks." The official says.

Taehyung is on the block, goggles on, bathing suit tightly tied. Water in front of him. 

"Pow!" The gun goes off and Taehyung goes off, diving in a millisecond before everyone. 

He was always good at timing.

As the swim starts, Taehyung holds the longest stream line, popping up in first.

"Gooo Taehyung!" Jimin shouts as loud as he can when he sees that Yoongi is only a second behind the boy. 

Taehyung shreds through the water, his legs kicking faster than his arms as he swims front crawl.

The first wall soon approaches and he quickly takes three more pulls until he flips and kicks the wall, completing his flip turn.

As he pushes off, he notices the other swimmers just at his feet. He'll have to speed up if he really wants to win. 

So Taehyung begins to kick even harder, his arms moving faster as he barely takes a breath. Whereas Yoongi takes a breath every second now when he feels himself falling behind.

"Come on Yoongi! You got this." Hoseok shouts above Jimin who shouts for Taehyung.

This race has everyone on their feet as they all lean over each other to see who'll touch the wall first. 

Taehyung is only five pulls away from the wall, speeding up with all he has left. He breaths in quite a bit of water as he rushes his , but it's all worth it when his hand slams into the wall.

The second he touches the wall, he lifts his head out of the water to see where Yoongi is. And when he looks to the grumpy boys lane, Yoongi is only just touching now.

Which means, Taehyung has beat him. He beat Yoongi by a full second. He beat everyone in his heat. 

The tanned boy pulls his shaky body out of the water and asks the timer for his time through everyone's loud cheers.

And the timer tells him he got 27 seconds. And for a second, Taehyung can't breath, his head is hazy. 

He beat his own time, and now has one of the fastest times at his pool. 

Jimin quickly jumps on Taehyung and hugs the boy, congratulating him for his win. And Taehyung smiles and hugs the boy back. 

And everyone's happy. Taehyung's happy. He let's go of Jimin and begins to walk to his towel when he passes by a certain lifeguard.

And the lifeguard is looking at Taehyung with wide expressive eyes. But he says nothing. He doesn't need to, Taehyung already knows he's done his part on impressing the lifeguard. 

Maybe that'll teach Jungkook not to under estimate Taehyung's talent.