New coach

Dive in

~2 weeks later~ 

In two weeks, Jungkook has been doing a lot. Getting tanned, running swim practise 4 times a week, 6 hour chair duty and ignoring his mom. 

Summer at the pool is only 8 weeks long. It's already been 4. 4 whole weeks and Jungkook feels like he's been here for a year. 

Today, Jimin had updated him on some events they do at the pool, in the last few weeks. And one of them is the pool sleepover. 

Jungoook had asked Jimin what exactly was a pool sleepover. So he told Jungkook, 

"Everyone who's a member of the swim team sleeps over at the pool. It starts at 7, we do activities in the pool til 10, and then watch a movie til 12. Then people sleep in tents, on the grass area." Jimin had told Jungkook.

Now Jungkook had asked Jimin about what would happen if during the night, someone accidentally drowned. 

"Usually we do Rock Paper Scissors with the lifeguards and whoever looses has to stay up all night and be on 'duty'. It's happening this Friday." Jimin had said. 

Jimin told Jungkook this on Wednesday. It's now Friday morning. 

Swim team finished, and Jungkook heard from his swim group that everyone would be coming tonight, leaving the lifeguard full of joy. 

~

"Jungkook-ah, can I talk to you for a minute?" Namjoon says, approaching the lifeguard who was just about to switch Mark on chair duty.

"Sure, one sec Mark, sorry." Jungkook says, before turning to follow the leader.

Jungkook is a little worried when Namjoon brings him into the staff room and tells him to take a seat. Usually Namjoon just says hi to Jungkook or waves They've never really sat down and talked. 

What if I get fired? 

"So, I have two things to talk about. It won't be long." 

Jungkook nods, keeping his eyes alerted on Namjoon. 

"Firstly, you've now been coaching the swim team for 4 weeks. Your evaluation is coming up soon. I don't think anyone mentioned it to you yet?" Namjoon says, confusion Jungkook a little with the word 'evaluation'

"No.." 

"Okay. Since you're a new coach, you receive an evaluation for your coaching. I'll be doing it, but I can't tell you what day. It's so you don't secretly prepare. Just expect me to be watching how you coach in the next few days." Namjoon says sternly, not a hint of joking in his tone. Jungkook nods.

"Secondly, on a less serious note, the sleepover is tonight. Has anyone explained it to you?" 

"Yeah, Jimin told me about it." 

"So he told you we do activities in the pool at 7?" 

"Yeah."

Jungkook listens to Namjoon, however his mind keeps running back to his evaluation and how Namjoon will secretly show up at any time. It worries him a little bit.

"I want you to come up with an activity. It doesn't matter, it could be Marco Polo or a relay race. Anything really." Namjoon says, suddenly standing up from the chair he was sitting on in front of Jungkook.  

"O..okay no problem. How many activities are there?" 

"4. Yours will be second, after Jimin." The older lifeguard says before giving Jungkook a thumbs up. Jungkook does it back before watching him leave.

Jungkook definetly has a lot to think about.