Swim meet

Dive in

 


Jungkook had spent his free time at the pool swimming his necessary laps. After that he had gone home at 4 to get ready for the swim competition at 6. 

He had helped his mom with some work related things, and spent some of his time talking to her about his new job. 

And now, Jungkook is standing at the gates of the pool at 5:50.

The pool is decorated slightly nicer than earlier. The lane ropes are nicer than the practise ones. There's banners hung up on the bleachers reading out 

"Bangtan pool!!" In blue letters.

Next to the bleachers, there's a small bake sale going on to raise money for the pool's necessities. And surrounding the pool is quite a lot of people.

Jungkook walks over to Jimin first, noticing the boy gathering his 8 year old group together outside of lane 1.

"Hey Jungkook, do you know where your group is?" Jimin asks the boy.

"Oh uh, no." Jungkook says, looking around the busy pool.

"They're probably outside of lane 6, warm up starts in 5. Lisa will help you out." Jimin says, his little ones running all over the place.

"Alright thanks Jimin." Jungkook says before making his way past the many swimmers from another pool before finding lane 6.

Jungkook's eye wander around a little before he spots a small group of people standing outside of the pool. Lisa standing in front of them with a stern look on her face.

"Hey I'm here." He says, breathing a little harder from running through the crowd. 

"Oh hey Jungkook, we're about to start warm up." Lisa says before turning back to the group. 

However when Jungkook looks to the group, he notices an unfamiliar face. 

"Oh, that's Jackson. Jackson this is Jungkook our new coach." Lisa says, reading Jungkook's mind as he looks to the unfamiliar boy.

Jackson says hi to Jungkook before standing back next to Yoongi. 

"Where Taehyung?" Jungkook notices the boys missing when he looks from Jisoo to Hoseok. 

"He bikes here so maybe he left late or something?" Hoseok says, looking around for the brown headed boy. 

"Let's hope." Jungkook mutters, wondering why the boys late. 

~

Warm up starts and the swimmers hop into the lane and do some easy laps. Jackson is quite fast, swimming behind Yoongi at a good pace. However not seemingly as fast as Taehyung.

Who's still not here.

Jungkook keeps a sharp eye out for the boy, hoping he'll show or they won't have a relay. And he can't miss his first meet.

"Ah, Jungkook is that Taehyung?" Lisa asks suddenly with confusion on her face, looking at a tanned boy walk through the gates. However the boy has a bloody scratch on his face, making him a little less recognizable.

"I think so... is he alright?" Jungkook's eyes widen as the boy is now in sight and it is indeed Kim Taehyung.

"Jungkook I have to watch the group, go see if he's okay and bring him to the first aid room. Do you know where it is?" Lisa tries to say calmly.

"Yeah, I'll be back soon." Jungkook says, leaving lane 6 and heading over to the younger boy.

Taehyung doesn't quite notice the lifeguard approaching him until Jungkook is right in front of him.

"Hey Tae what happened?" Jungkook asks, realizing he just called the boy Tae.

Taehyung looks up with a little surprise before realizing it's Jungkook. 

"Oh, I fell off my bike." He says, looking slightly embarrassed. Jungkook let's out a small lighthearted laugh. 

"Come with me." The older says, noticing Taehyung gulping nervously. He follows the lifeguard to the staff room, his forehead still dripping blood.

They walk into the small air conditioned building, going through the hallway to the first aid room. 

There's a bed in the corner of the room and a counter with supplies, basically the same look as a doctors room. 

Jungkook beckons the younger to sit on the bed while he grabs an alcohol wipe. 

So Taehyung pushes himself up onto the bed, his feet dangling off the side of the bed as he watches the lifeguard. 

"This might sting." Jungkook says as he approaches the boy with the wipe. Taehyung just nods before allowing Jungkook to assist to his cut.

Jungkook gently swipes the blood off of the boys forehead, however it all comes back within seconds. The cut is pretty deep.

"If you fell off your bike, how'd you only get a cut on your forehead?" Jungkook asks with confusion as he opens a bandage. 

Taehyung suddenly shifts, lifting his arms to reveal a bunch of scratches on his arms, even some on his knees. 

"Oh wow...let's fix that up then shall we." 


So Jungkook bandages the younger boys head, and wipes his scrapes so they don't get infected. Taehyung winces once in a while at the alcohol in his open cuts, but he tries not to seem weak.

"Anddd done." Jungkook says as he puts the last bandage on Taehyung's knee. 

"Thanks." Taehyung says before slowly pushing himself off the bed. 

He collects his swim bag and is about to walk out of the room when Jungkook stops him.

"Wait Taehyung, are you able to swim?" Jungkook asks the boy with a raised eyebrow. 

"Of course." He says with a laugh. Jungkook smiles at that, seeing just how much the boy is motivated to swim. 

Taehyung and him walk out of the staff room and head back over to lane 6, where warm up is now over.

Jungkook is about to apologize for making Taehyung miss warm up when the younger boy speaks. 

"It's okay, I don't need to warm up anyways, I'm that good." Taehyung says with a fake cockiness that makes Jungkook laugh. Then the younger boy walks over to one of the tables where Hoseok and Jisoo are. He puts his bag down and begins talking to them. 

Jungkook watches the boy as he talks with his friends with a light smile. Jungkook's about to turn around when he suddenly notices, behind Taehyung, Jimin approaching their group, causing the tanned boy to turn around.

He smiles brightly as Jimin says something to him and they start talking. Jisoo and Hoseok seem to leave Taehyung and Jimin as they probably feel left out of the conversation.

As Jungkook keeps watching, he notices Jimin putting his hand on Taehyungs shoulder as they talk. 

Are they friends?