Moving on

Dive in

Today, Jungkook is quite confused. It's Thursdays practise, and Yoongi is missing. That's not the weird part though. Hoseok is also absent from practise.

The two swimmers are both not here and Jackson isn't even sure why. 

With only 3 swimmers, Jackson, Jisoo and Taehyung, the practise is pretty boring. 

"Why wouldn't they come? Especially Hoseok?" Lisa says to herself, pacing back and forth while Jungkook sits on the block. 

"I don't know. It's kind of weird. But they've been hanging out a lot lately, so maybe they skipped?" Jungkook says, trying to think of a reason both would miss a practise at the same time. 

Lisa tries to forget about it and get back to practise.

"I'm going to get some coffee, you want?" Jungkook says, pushing himself up from the block. 

"Yes please!" Lisa says before telling the swimmers the next set. 

Jungkook makes his way to the staff room, entering to see another lifeguard at the pot of coffee.

"Shouldn't you be watching your group?" Jungkook questions the boy.

"It's okay, Jin's watching them while I'm here. I just need some coffee." Jimin says with a sigh as he watches the coffee pot.

"Everything good?" Jungkook asks, remebering the events that happened a couple days ago at the swim meet. Jimin being rejected and all.

"Yeah. It's just a little awkward. We haven't talked and I'm to scared to go up to him. What should I do?" Jimin says, pouring his coffee and handing Jungkook a cup.

"I think you should go up to him. I'd say Taehyung is pretty understandable. He wouldn't want to break your friendship." Jungkook says, reaching over Jimin to grab another cup for Lisa.

"True, but what if he ignores me? Or acts awkward?" Jimin says, taking a swig of coffee.

"He won't ignore you. But of course it'll be awkaward, you kissed him and he didn't want to be kissed! But he won't hold it against you." Jungkook says, just wanting to be honest with Jimin rather than fake.

"I guess. I just shouldn't have acted so fast. I've been friends with Taehyung for a really long time, I don't know why I acted like that." Jimin says, finishing his bitter coffee. 

Jungkook then scoots over to the machine, pouring his own coffee.

"It's fine to like someone. There's nothing wrong with that. I guess you just have to be patient. There's many people in the world, one in which will choose you. I know they will." Jungkook says, sliding his coffee aside and pouring another cup.

"So what if Taehyung wasn't the one. You have sooo much time to find someone else." 

"I guess. I think I'm going to try and move on, instead of ruining our friendship. I'd rather have Taehyung as a friend than not at all." Jimin says, looking a little down as he makes the decision to let go of Taehyung. 

"I think that's smart. I envy your friendship." Jungkook says, patting Jimin on the back before collecting the two coffee's.

"Really! Thanks Kookie. You really didn't have to waste your time on me." Jimin says with a laugh.

"You're my friend! It's been a while since someone's been close enough to me, so I'm glad to help." Jungkook says, remembering his days in his old school.

He had quite a few friends, however none of them were set in stone. His friends would never tell him anything deep. They'd only talk about school and classes. Never about personal things. And Jungkook couldn't either because he didn't feel close slough to trust them. 

They would also use him in a way. Use him to have more friends. Use him to cheat for tests. Jungkook never really had the support of his friends on his side, he'd only have the attention. And after just getting attention for a while, Jungkook started wanting more than just that. He wanted someone to care. 

And now, finally he's found a group of lifeguards who all trust each other and tell each other everything. It's a little heartwarming. 

"Thanks Jungkook, really." Jimin says one last time, smiling at the younger boy before throwing his cup out and heading out of the room.

Jungkook smiles to himself, grabbing both coffee cups and also walking out.

~

"Yahh, it's about time! You've been in there for hours!" Lisa complains, reaching her hand out to grab the cup from Jungkook.

"Sorry sorry, I'll do the next set." Jungkook says, taking a step to the edge of the pool where his swimmers now wait. 

He looks down at the three eager swimmers, smile on his face. 

"Today it'll be easy. Let's go with 200m (8 laps) kick for now." Jungkook says, looking at Taehyung who's first in the lane since Yoongi is gone. 

He sighs with relief before kicking off of the wall. Today has been an easy practise which is to Taehyung's luck. 

Jungkook is just glad they're all happy. Especially Taehyung though.