Goner

Dive in

"Taehyung.. uh..." Jungkook can't speak, looking down at the flustered Taehyung who's still breathing quite heavily from a few minutes ago.

Taehyung refuses to look the elder in the eyes as Jungkook continues to hold Taehyung by the wrist. Taehyung is just plainly embarrassed and he wants to run away and hide but here Jungkook is, stopping him from doing that.

"I think you... uh." Jungkook has trouble speaking, not quite sure what to do when he keeps looking down at Taehyung's problem. 

He's held off from feeling barely anything for Taehyung this whole week, and now that he's inches away from the boy, it almost feels like he's loosing all control.

"It's nothing. Let me go." Taehyung says, tugging his hand away from Jungkook and attempting to leave again.

However this time, without thinking, Jungkook pushes the younger boy up against the wall opposing the stall Taehyung was in.

Taehyung's back hits the wall and he's startled to see Jungkook pinning his shoulders there.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung asks, eyes wide as the boy just stares at him.

"I..don't think I can..." Jungkook feels his body inching closer to the younger boy, wanting so bad to just feel his lips, kiss his neck, touch him. He's confused by his actions and unsure why he can't seem to stop himself.

As Jungkook's mouth is just ghosting over Taehyung's, the younger boy closes his eyes, suddenly expecting the older to kiss him. Without anyone interrupting this time, he just waits patiently for the older to kiss him. 

He's wanted the kiss ever since the sleepover. 

However he waits a few moments and still doesn't feel Jungkook's lips on his.

When he opens his eyes, he notices Jungkook backing away slightly, confusion filtered all over his face.

"Jungkook?" Taehyung's voice is barely audible.

Jungkook suddenly let's go of the boys shoulders and pulls a hand through his own hair.

"I...gotta go... I'm in the middle of an evaluation..what am I doing?" 

Jungkook says more to himself than to Taehyung as he looks to the ground. He slowly backs away from Taehyung and turns to the door. 

Jungkook walks out, leaving Taehyung leaning against the wall, his hard-on dying down and a tear falling from his eyes. 

What just happened? 

~

Taehyung doesn't go back to practise. 

He bikes home, runs into his house and to his room. He ignores his parents questions and jumps into bed before bursting into tears. 

Taehyung is unsure why he cries but he pulls himself in blankets and continues to cry as he thinks about the day.

He screwed everything up. He screwed up Jungkook's evaluation. He screwed up his relationship with Jungkook. And he even embarrassed himself overall.

Now Jungkook probably won't even talk to him. All he did was make a fool of himself and make Jungkook hate him. 

Taehyung continues to sob, telling his parents to go away every time they knock on the door. After a while he even ignores the knocks and closes his eyes. 

However the knocking continues, not listening to Taehyung's complaints at all.

"What do you want! I'm not opening the door." Taehyung shouts, wiping his wet face with his arm.

"Taehyung, it's me, Jimin." The other side of the door says, making Taehyung go silent.

He hesitates, just staring at the door with wide eyes before sniffling a little.

"Come in." Taehyung says with all the energy he had left. 

Jimin slowly opens the door, revealing a very sad Taehyung, half hidden under his bed covers.

He walks over to the bed and takes a seat before looking down at the boy.

"Taehyung talk to me." Jimin says sincerely which makes Taehyung want to cry even more. 

He lets it all out to Jimin, talking to the boy about everything that's happened this summer with Jungkook. 

Starting with the teasing at practise, then the almost-kiss at the pool sleepover. He talks about Jungkook suddenly ignoring him and treating him differently, and then to today. About embarrassing himself, getting a , Jungkook walking into the bathroom and shoving him against the wall. Only to leave him waiting for a kiss that never came.

And as much as Jimin is raging and wants to go punch the lifeguard, he comforts his friend and tries to be as helpful as possible. Even though Taehyung decided to choose Jungkook over him, he's still Jimin's best friend. That's all that matters to Jimin. 

~

After a few hours, Jimin stays for supper and they go downstairs to eat when Taehyung is feeling better. His parents don't ask and he's grateful as he tries to eat the pizza on his plate. 

As he eats he tries not to think about the lifeguard, tries not to think about his heart hurting, and tries only to think about those who're with him right now. 

And all Jimin thinks about is the different ways he's going to kill Jungkook after hurting his best friend.