He's fast

Dive in

Jungkook makes sure to keep a sharp eye on Kim Taehyung throughout the meet incase he's more injured then he said he was.

Front crawl has already started 
and first is the 8 year olds. So Jimin lines his kids up in the lanes they're suppose to be in, ready to swim.

It's pretty simple, after the 8 year olds swim front crawl, then it's the 10-12s, then 13-14s and then . Jungkook had decided to sign himself up for and butterfly so his swims aren't any time soon.

It's time for his shift so he heads up to the lifeguard chair, calling Jin to come down. It's a better view of the competition up there anyways.

~

The 13-14 year olds are just finishing their front crawl and next up is the . Since Jungkook's still on chair duty, he can't help his swimmers get ready so Lisa does it instead. 

He watches as Yoongi and Taehyung make their way to their proper lanes. Yoongi goes into lane 4-the fast lane, and Taehyung in lane 6, second fastest. Other swimmers from the other team line up in their own lanes.

Taehyung seems a little nervous, fidgeting with the goggles in his hand as he waits for the call. 

"Swimmers take your marks." 

Jungkook scoots up in his chair a little, more anxious for this race then he had anticipated. 

Taehyung slides his goggles onto his eyes, taking deep breaths as climbs onto the block and bends into starting position. 

Yoongi is already ready, staring at the water ahead of him with no emotion at all.

"Pow." 

The gun goes off and the swimmers are pushing off the blocks.

Once everyone has dove in, Jungkook notices Hoseok, Jisoo and Jackson cheering from the side of the pool. He smiles and joins in on cheering for both boys.

Taehyung is the last to come up from stream line, however he's second to Yoongi. 

Yoongi swims aggressively through the water, splashing a lot more than necessary. It's almost a strange technic, one Jungkook hasn't seen very much. 

Him and Taehyung have very different . Unlike Yoongi, Taehyung glides with a soft and strong . In a way, the tanned boy has better technic than the grouchy boy. 

They both do their flip turns at almost the same time, Taehyung beginning to catch up to Yoongi. The rest of the swimmers are quite a ways behind the boys. 

Lisa cheers loudly when she notices the two boys head to head. Everyone seems to be caught in the moment, yelling their lungs out for one or the other to speed up. Jungkook notices how everyone leans over the pool, watching both boys with keen eyes.

They're both about 10 seconds away from the wall, Taehyung starting to loose his distance a little bit. Jungkook watches with his breath held in his chest as they sprint to the wall. He clenches his fists when he realizes which boy is closer to the wall.

And the hand that touches the wall first is, Yoongi.

Taehyung 2 seconds later.