What happened?

Dive in


Taehyung uses his free time to head to the bathroom. 

He's pretty happy about his race, heading to the mirror with a bright smile on his face. Taehyung takes off his goggles and shakes out his messy hair, ruffling it out.

He goes to the bathroom and washes his hands before stepping out of the bathroom and choosing to walk back over to the side of the pool.

However, when Taehyung steps out of the bathroom, he bangs into someone who's walking passed.

They clash at the same time, Taehyung holding onto the persons arm quickly before he falls backwards. 

When Taehyung stands himself back up and looks down at the arm he's clutching tightly to, he remembers his manners.

"Ah ..sorry..." Taehyung starts, eyes trailing from the arm to a bare chest. A very muscular, sun kissed chest in which Taehyung sees the steady breaths rising up and down....

When he looks up, the mans deep brown eyes are looking into his own, a bunny toothed smile forming.

"It's okay Taehyung." Jungkook giggles, making sure Taehyung's okay. Taehyung quickly discards his hand from Jungkook's arm and trails his eyes anywhere but the boys muscular chest.

"I should probably go... catch my race." Jungkook points behind him to the announcer, calling for , before looking at the suddenly shy Taehyung. He turns on his heels and quickly starts to walk away.

Taehyung looks back up, watching Jungkook turn around before he lets out a breath.

"Ah..good luck!" Taehyung shouts before it's too late. Jungkook turns back around and gives him a thumbs up before heading to his lane. 

It's an easy win for the lifeguard once again, which makes Taehyung hate him. His is smooth and swift and everything Taehyung wishes for his .

Once Jungkook's done swimming, he heads up to the chair, replacing Jimin in chair duty. 

"Good race Kookie!" Jimin says as he climbs down for the tall chair.

"Thanks Jimin!" 

Jungkook watches the races go on, however keeping on eye on Jimin too, as he heads to his favourite swimmer.

"Taehyungie!" Jimin yells joyfully before hooking himself onto the younger boy.

Taehyung is caught off guard as he feels Jimin suddenly hugging him from behind. He tries to pull the boys arms off but Jimin doesn't let go.

"Jimin let go!" Taehyung says, however it's not forceful enough. 

"You did great." 

"Uh..thanks Hyung." 

Jimin squeezes Taehyung tightly one last time before letting him go. 

And Jungkook watches it all play out, wishing his shift would hurry up and end.

He wants to talk to Tae. Once Jimin leaves the young boy, he sits alone on the side of the pool, watching the races go by. 

He doesn't necessarily look sad to be alone, but Jungkook would rather keep him company. 

Of course he only wants to because that's what coaches do for their swimmers. Keep them company and all....

~

Jungkook finishes his shift right before the butterfly.

He wants to catch Taehyung and wish him luck before the swim but he can't find the younger boy anywhere. It's a little worrisome when his swim is next, however he knows the boy would never miss a swim.

And Taehyung doesn't. He shows up minutes before, running from the bathroom to his lane with messy hair and a rushed look. 

He puts on his goggles and looks around a little, eyes darting back to the bathroom. However he doesn't look happy, but rather nervous. 

And seconds later, Jimin exits the bathroom too, his eyes still on the younger.

Jungkook stops himself from walking over, instead he stays by the side of the pool and watches the race. 

Something in him feels pure annoyance as he watches Jimin's eyes, lingering over the tanned boy who anxiously gets on the block.

Taehyung's cheeks are tinted red and he focuses only on the water in front of his eyes. 

The race finishes and it's another obvious race. Taehyung 2nd, Yoongi 1st. 

Yoongi seems to be a little happier, getting out of the water and heading over to Hoseok and Jackson.


(I'm sorry for yoonseok but it's the best ship for them in this fic sorrry) 


Jungkook has noticed Hoseok lightening the grumpy boys mood up a bit more lately, grateful that Yoongi is actually getting along with someone. 

He watches as Yoongi hi-fives Hoseok, the brighter boy laughing along with it.

As Jungkook is distracted by the two boys in the corner, Jimin walks up to Jungkook, barely visible in the taller lifeguards view.

"Jungkook." He says, startling the boy out of his state. Jungkook looks down to Jimin, who's standing in front of him with a straight face, which is strange.

"What's wrong?" Jungkook asks, suddenly remembering the last place he saw Jimin. 

"Uhh... nothing, but I need to talk to you after." He says with a guilty look on his face. Jungkook is suddenly curious.

"What's this about?" Jungkook asks, turning his attention away from the pool and directly onto Jimin.

"It's not what... it's who." Jimin says slowly, still with that serious look on his face.

"Who." 

"It's about...Taehyung." Jimin says, causing Jungkook to wake up a little. His eyes widen as he looks at Jimin, who's serious as ever.