Final relay

Dive in

"Are you going to do it?" 

"...yeah." 

"I'm glad."

Hoseok smiles brightly, his happiness reflecting off of the shorter boy, who's already regretting his decision.

"Let's go!" Hoseok shouts, grabbing Yoongi's arm and dragging the boy back over to the tent where everyone has now gathered. Including Jackson.

~

"Remember not to choke on water, that was pretty embarrassing." Jimin mocks, earning a punch in the arm from Taehyung.

"That's not funny Jimin. You could've just told me good luck or something." Taehyung rolls his eyes, lifting his shirt over his head as the relays start. 

"Good luck Taehyungie." Jimin says finally, patting his friend on the back and resisting the urge to hug him. Especially after Jungkook seemed so mad about their skinship earlier on. Just as his thoughts are on the lifeguard, Jungkook appears out of no where, wearing only his speedo, goggles in hand.

"Mind if I borrow Taehyung?" He asks, approaching both boys for the second time that day.

"He's all yours." Jimin backs away from his friend, giving him one last thumbs up before heading over to Yoongi and Hoseok.

"Are you ready?" Jungkook asks the younger, watching him fidget with his goggles as they await Jackson and Yoongi to get ready.

"Yep. Are you?" 

"Of course Princess." 

Taehyung's face goes red after hearing Jungkook call him that again. He slaps the older as a way to hide his embarrassment and Jungkook laughs.

"What do you not like it?" Jungkook frowns, but a smile is still threatening on his lips.

"It's not that... it's just-" before processing it, Jungkook is leaning in and quickly pecking Taehyung's cheek.

Taehyung's hand shoots up to his cheek just as Jungkook moves away. The younger looks shocked. 

"Jungkook!" Taehyung gasps.

"Sorry! I couldn't help it." Jungkook complains, looking at Taehyung who's still shocked.

"We're in public!" He mentions. 

It's not that Taehyung minds that much. However they've never shown affection in public and well, in front of the swimmers. It could ruin Jungkook's reputation as coach. 

"Sorry Tae. I'm just... relieving my nerves." He smiles and Taehyung smiles too, thinking of other ways he could have relived the boys stress. 

Not now Taehyung.

"It's time to go, come on." Jungkook says once Jackson and Yoongi are by their side. All four of them make their way over to the marshalling area, where their relay gets called almost right away. 

~

Yoongi starts the lead, making the boys all a little more confident as he's making his way back on his second lap. 

"We can do this!" Jackson shouts, watching Yoongi swim aggressively. 

"GOO YOONGI." A loud, obnoxious voice yells for the boy, causing a few heads to turn.

"Hoseok what the hell?" Jimin looks at him with irritation but Hoseok just laughs and continues to cheer for his favourite swimmer. 

Yoongi touches the wall right as Jackson's feet leave the block, leaving before everyone else.

Jackson is the slowest in the relay, So everyone's counting on Taehyung and Jungkook to get their speed back.

"Go Jackson!!!" Mark yells, cheering for the boy who's now in second, loosing their spot in first place. As he's making his way back, serious vibes fill the last two boys.

"You can do this Taehyung. And no matter what, I'll be behind you, swimming the last two laps. It's on me." Jungkook says, looking in front of him at Taehyung who's nodding. 

He steps on the block, his goggles already placed over his focused eyes.

The other teams swimmer is already at the wall, touching while the next swimmer dives in.

"Go Taehyung!" 

Taehyung dives in as soon as Jackson touches the wall. 

He swims his all, trying his best to catch up to the swimmer next to him. However it's a failed attempt as Taehyung looses him on the flip turn. 

The boy wants to swear, but he keeps his head focused, trying his best to speed up. He doesn't want to let his team down.

He doesn't want to let Jungkook down.

Taehyung arrives, touching the wall second while Jungkook is diving in overtop of him.

The lifeguard is nice and tall, giving him a very big advantage against the first place swimmer, who's short.

Taehyung pulls himself out of the water so he can quickly watch the race. He wouldn't want to miss Jungkook's swim.

The lifeguard has got the other swimmer in a tie, both of them swimming aggressively. They even flip at the exact same time, leaving it hard to assume the winner.

Taehyung turns around to see Jackson and Yoongi, and he's very surprised.

Yoongi is staring at the lifeguard, eyes wide, mouth yelling his name loudly. Taehyung's barely even heard him speak before.

"Come on Jungkook!" Hes clutching his goggles in his hand and not looking anywhere but the lane where the lifeguard is closing in on the wall.

Jackson is speechless, too nervous to say a word as both swimmers are head to head.

And Taehyung is the same, not able to open his mouth as he watches the intense race. 

Is Jungkook going to win?

"GO JUNGKOOK!" Taehyung yells when he realizes the boy needs as much motivation as he can get. 

Jungkook seems to speed up, his legs kicking harder, creating a big splash of water. The wall is only seconds away.

The three boys quickly crowd above te lane, all holding their breaths as Jungkook takes his last pull.

Taehyung looks down at both boys hands, slamming against the wall of their lane with everything they have. 

And Taehyung hears the cheers of many people, but he's unsure for whom they're cheering for. 

He looks down at the breathless lifeguard, clutching the wall as his chest rises and falls at a very quick pace. 

Then to the other swimmer next to him, looking the same. However neither one has a smile, which makes Taehyung unsure who's won.

The timer pushes through the boys to stand in front of them. They're anxiously waiting to hear the time of the relay.

"The time for your team's relay was-" the crowd quiets down pretty quickly as the timer speaks loudly, looking down at Jungkook and wanting to officialize the time so everyone can hear who the real winner is.

Taehyung holds his breath again, as does the rest of his team. 

"1.58 seconds." 

They all gasp, smiles creeping on their faces as they've broken their record. However they don't know if they've won.

Jungkook stays in the water, not wanting to move as he listens for the other teams time.

"Your time for your relay team was 1.59 seconds."

Jungkook is the first to smile, pulling himself out of the water quickly before grabbing his teammates and pulling them into a group hug.

They all smile together proudly, the cheers of the crowd now filling their ears. 

After congratulating the other team, the four boys head over to the tent area to dry off. 

Hoseok is waiting at the tent, towel in hands as he smiles at a certain someone.

And Yoongi shares the smile.

"Congratulations, congratulations, you are the champions!" Hobi half chants half sings as he hands Yoongi his towel.

The boy gladly takes it, rolling his eyes as the smiley boy in front of him celebrates.

"I knew you could do it." Hoseok says, leaning in slightly to Yoongi can properly hear. Yoongi sighs.

"Yeah, whatever. I knew I could do it too." He says, drying his body with the towel. 

"Oh really?" Hoseok's voice is so sarcastic that Yoongi is actually surprised. Looks like he's starting to rub off on him.

"Yah of course." Yoongi lightly kicks Hoseok's leg, throwing his towel on the ground before getting his warmer clothes on.

"If you say so. Anyways.. now that relays over, do you maybe... uh.." Hoseok's eyes fall to the ground as he awkwardly shifts.

Yoongi impatiently awaits the boys next words, looking up at him with a brow raised.

"Want to.. come over? To my house.." Hoseok says, his cheeks turning pink. 

Yoongi internally laughs at how funny and..cute it is when Hoseok is shy. 

"Sure." 

"What? Really?!!" 

"Yeah. Let's go. And buy me food." Yoongi says, picking up his bag and looking back up at the very excited boy. 

"Of course!" Hoseok says, wrapping his arm around the shorter boys shoulder as they start to walkout. 

"Wait Yoongi!" Jungkook calls, watching the boy try and leave so quickly.

Yoongi grunts, turning around and pushing Hoseok's arm off of his shoulder.

"What."

"You forgot this." Jungkook says, holding something shiny in his hands with a smirk built onto his face.

Yoongi's eyes glint with interest as Jungkook approaches him with a very big, shiny gold metal.

The younger boy grabs it immediately, smile crossing his face as he takes the metal in his hands.

"Thanks." He says, clutching the gold tightly before turning back to Hoseok and trying to leave for a second time.

"You did good Yoongi." Jungkook calls out as the duo starts to leave. 

Yoongi nods, not looking back at Jungkook before they head out. 

Jungkook finds his next victim.

~

After handing out the metals and clearing out the tent area, almost everyone had left. Except Taehyung and Jungkook. And a few other lifeguards who stick in the pool area to clean up.

"Should we head out of here?" Jungkook asks the younger, already planning on driving him home. Taehyung nods, his eyes still trained down on the heavy metal that bounces on his chest as he walks. 

"I'm so happy." He mumbles, Jungkook barely registering it before smiling.

"Me too." Jungkook says, looking down at his matching metal in awe.

Both boys begin walking to Jungkook's car, hold metals shining on their chests. 

"J..Jungkook?" A voice suddenly rings in the older boys head. It's familiar sounding and strange. Jungkook isn't sure where he hears the voice, but as an instinct he looks up in front of him.

And he notices a lady standing there, an unsure smile filling her aging face.

"Mom?"