Not so happy

Dive in

Monday morning is hard at practise. Jungkook is in a bad mood and he can't help it. It's unfair to the swimmers and to Lisa but he's not very good at hiding it.

"Anything you have in mind Jungkook?" Lisa asks, raising her brow a little when she see's him focusing on the ground, jaw clenched.

"No." He says, surprising the swimmers a little.

Hoseok' Smile fades slightly when he see's the lifeguard without a smile. Jisoo doesn't really notice, neither does Jackson or Yoongi.

Taehyung notices though. And he definitely feels uncomfortable. Seeing his own coach look so, un-happy. Like he'd rather be somewhere else then coach at this moment. 

"Okay 16 laps, split it into fast and slow." Lisa say, training her eyes away from Jungkook who looks up at the swimmers. 

Yoongi goes straight away, however he notices some eyes on him, belonging to Kim Taehyung and also Hoseok.

They look at him blankly, so he looks at them blankly back. And Jungkook can just barely see Taehyung rolling his eyes through his goggles before turning to push off of the wall. 

And Jungkook realizes how they must feel. He's acting like he's not in the mood to be here, not in the mood to coach them. Jungkook is usually excited for swim team and usually smiles, cracks jokes and teases. 

Now he's just standing here dryly, coming up with nothing and only thinking of himself. 

"I'll be right back." Jungkook tells Lisa, patting her shoulder before leaving lane 6. He takes off to the staff room that's currently empty.

Heading to the fridge, Jungkook grabs a water bottle, spinning off the cap and chugging it. He throws the bottle out, taking in a breath and collecting himself. 

Deal with your problems later. 

And with that, Jungkook goes back to lane 6, standing next to Lisa who's now very curious about Jungkook's strange attitude. 

"It's nothing, sorry just tired." He says and Lisa doesn't ask because she knows he's not just 'tired'.

"Well Jungkook, you might want to lighten the mood a little. Everyone's  pretty gloomy today, even Hoseok." She says, pointing to the sloppy everyone seems to be doing.

"Well it is cloudy today. Looks like it's about to rain." Jungkook says, noticing the down weather.

"Oh trust me, they usually get happier with this weather because practise finishes early." Lisa says, looking up to the sky for rain.

And just as they're talking about it, Jungkook feels a drop of rain fall on his cheek. 

"Uh oh." He says and with that, the rain begins to fall. 

But not just rain, thunder too. 

"Everyone out!" Lisa shouts quickly, grabbing her whistle and blowing it loudly. All the lifeguards begin to yell, swimmer startled in the middle 
of their as they come up. 

The little ones are quick to scurry out of the water, Jimin bringing them away from the pool. 

"Thunder!" He hears some of them yell, running all over the place. 

Jungkook's group just calmly swims their way back to the wall, one by one pulling themselves out of the water. Lisa stops blowing her whistle once everyone's out of the pool, group assembled in front of her.

"Usually when there's a storm, we do dry land, but there's dangers to that so everyone can go home. Be safe all of you." She says, watching them roar with excitement, Hoseok dancing around and shaking Yoongi. 

"Yoongi be happy!" He cheers around the grumpy boy who rolls his eyes. They leave pretty quickly incase the rain stops and practise is back on. However as Lisa and Jungkook stand together watching their swimmers leave safely, one stays behind.

"What is it Taehyung?" Lisa asks the boy, who's hair is dripping wet. He wipes the water falling down his face before speaking.

"I biked here." He says, pointing to the one single bike outside the pool. 

"Ohh right. Maybe you could wait in the bathroom for the rain to stop?" She offers, giving him an unsure smile.

"Oh, alright." Taehyung says, scratching his head as he looks at the ghetto bathrooms they have. He's about to walk over when Jungkook thinks of something.

"Wait, I could drive you home. I'm not on duty for a while." Jungkook says, a little late in the convo as he was zoned out for a second.

"What about my bike?" Taehyung says to Jungkook who's now drenched with water.

"I'll put it in my trunk. No big deal." He says and Taehyung nods. They both wave to Lisa before making their way to Jungkook's black car. 

It's pretty easy to shove Taehyung's bike into Jungkook's small trunk. Taehyung does it quickly and hops into the front seat. 

The sound of the rain is muffled when he shuts the door, being swallowed up with silence as he sits in the car, dripping wet, next to Jungkook. 

It's a little awkward, just sitting there not moving. However when Taehyung looks at Jungkook, the lifeguard is just staring at him with anticipation on his face. Taehyung mumbles a 'what' when the lifeguard still won't look away. 

"You gonna tell me where you live?" 

Jungkook asks as he starts the car. He doesn't look at Taehyung anymore but the boy is currently shaking his hair out with his towel.

"Ohh yeah. Just go straight when you leave the parking lot and turn at the stop sign. Second house to the left." He says all in one, and Jungkook had to keep track in his head. 

"So why didn't you wear your new bathing suit yet?" Jungkook asks, hoping to had seen the tight, golden speedo the boy had bought two days ago.

"I'm saving it for meets I guess." He says with a shrug. 

They talk for a bit, Taehyung trying not to bring up Jungkook's grumpy mood incase it's too personal to ask. However he is glad that Jungkook isn't acting as serious as he was at practise. 

"And here you are." Jungkook says, pulling into Taehyung's empty driveway. His house is pretty small, seeming to be on a pretty empty street. 

"Thanks!" Taehyung says before opening the door and taking a step back out into the rain.

"Stay safe!" Jungkook shouts as Taehyung's closing the door. The younger boy just laughs before heading to the trunk and grabbing his bike. He wheels his bike up the driveway, waving one last time to Jungkook before going through his back gate.

Jungkook watches as the boy gets soaking wet in the rain, dragging his bike up his driveway. Jungkook wishes to go help the boy, or give him a warm jacket. Or bring him into his house and make him hot chocolate. Or dry his wet hair off with a towel. Or maybe kiss away the drops of water from his forehead to his chin.

What the hell?