Cute

Dive in


When the meets over, Jungkook grabs his stuff before saying goodbye to the rest of the lifeguards. They had ended up winning the swim meet. 

Lots of swimmers were congratulating Jungkook on his first places in and in butterfly. In which he had beat Taehyung and Yoongi. 

~

When Jungkook gets home, his house is dark. His mothers car is in the driveway so it's not like she's out. 

"Mom?" Jungkook calls as he places his bag on one of the hooks. He slides off his flops and walks into the seemingly quiet house.

Jungkook doesn't get an answer so he walks through the living room, to the kitchen. He still see's no one. While he's in the kitchen, Jungkook grabs an apple to eat.

Once he's done, he walks upstairs, the lights all shut off. When Jungkook reaches his mothers room, the door is titled open.

He opens the door slowly, suddenly seeing a small light in the corner of the room. And the source of the light is his mothers computer, and Jungkook's mom behind it.

"Mom what are you doing? It's late." 

She barely looks up from the computer, not even startled by her son's voice.

"Ah Jungkookie go to be, I'm working." She says, brushing it off. Jungkook just nods, slowly backing out of her room and closing the door. 

He sighs before easing to the bathroom to get ready for bed. Not even bothering to distract his mom.

~

Jungkook wakes up early, taking a quick shower before he puts on his swim trunks and a tank top. 

"Bye mom." Jungkook shouts out before leaving the house and heading to work.

He's a little more tired today, having not slept too well last night.

Jungkook arrives to the pool, greeting Jimin and Mark who're drinking coffee in the staff room.

"Here Jungkook, have some." Jimin offers, handing Jungkook a cup. He takes it willingly, sitting on the soft couch with the two boys.

~

Jungkook's shift is a long one today since Jin is out sick. He works for hours, sitting in that darn lifeguard chair while the sun burns through his shirt, even through the umbrella. 

Eventually Jungkook had just shed his shirt, hoping to build up a nice tan while the sun was roasting him.

Nothing has happened throughout his duty, no one drowned or got injured so he was thankful. He had heard from Jimin that the lifeguards haven't had to save anyone yet. It makes his job a little easier.

However his day is much more boring without swim practise. At least then he could coach and talk to the swimmers instead of sitting in a chair yelling at kids once in a while. The swimmers in his group were starting to grow on him a bit.

Especially Kim Taehyung. That kid was mysterious yet funny and Jungkook liked teasing him. 

Jungkook is suddenly knocked out of his thoughts when two giggly little girls approach him.

"Look it's Jungkook." One whispers, however she's not very quite because the lifeguard can hear her.

"Shhhh Sally don't be so loud." The blonde girl tells the brunette.

They both look at the tall boy all of a sudden and he raises an eyebrow.

"Hey girls, what's up?" Jungkook asks, estimating they're about 10.

"You're the really fast lifeguard right?" Sally says shyly looking up at Jungkook.

"Oh uh, I don't know, everyone here is really fast." Jungkook says, laughing a little.

"Emma, he's the fast one!" Sally says to her friend.

"You're my new best friend." Emma says, looking at Sally and then back to Jungkook.

Sally suddenly looks a little sad, and Jungkook isn't quite sure what to do.

"What about me?" She pouts. 

"We can all be best friends!" Jungkook says, crouching down so he can see the girls a little better.

"Yeah! We're all best friends!" Sally says, grabbing Jungkook's hand. He laughs at the young girls, feeling a little bit more lighthearted. 

~

Jungkook ends his shift at 5, heading to his car to leave the pool. Its still sunny out and he just wishes it would rain some time soon so it wouldn't always be so hot.

The drive is short because Jungkook lives pretty close to the pool. He arrives home, hoping to be welcomed warmly by his mother. 

However when he walks into the house, he gets a feeling that won't happen.

Jungkook's mother is talking loudly on the phone. She's all business and Jungkook doesn't understand any of it, so he walks by her room and waves. She's pretty distracted and seemingly busy however Jungkook receives a rushed wave back.

He goes to his room, shuts his door and falls onto his bed.

Jungkook pulls out his phone and sleepily browses through a few apps. He checks his snapchat and messenger. Then he goes on Instagram.

Jimin had followed him a day ago, along with Mark and Lisa. He followed them back, feeling that they were all officially friends.

So Jungkook scrolls through his feed, his eyes slowly threatening to shut. He sees pictures of Mark hanging out with Jackson. Then some pictures of food and Lisa even posted a selca.

Then Jungkook sees that Jimin posted yesterday night at 10:30.

And the picture is of Taehyung.

The boy is standing near his lane, putting his goggles on. It's almost like time is frozen in the picture, as everyone's moving around the boy, he's standing still. The picture is great and Jungkook can't help but double tap to like. 

Jungkook see's that Jimin had tagged the boy, and he presses on the account, a little curious. 

And he looks through some of Taehyung's pictures. 

 

Jungkook scrolls down Taehyung's account, looking at every picture the boy has posted. His finger almost likes the last one but luckily Jungkook saves himself from liking.

Jungkook doesn't even realize how late it is but before he knows it, he's falling asleep, fully clothed, thinking about the cute Instagram boy.