Sunscreen

Dive in

Morning comes quickly for most, but slowly for Jungkook.

By following his rightful duty, Jungkook, for the most part, stayed up all night. 

Halfway through the night, Taehyung had snuck a hand around the lifeguard's waist and pulled him in, his head on Jungkook's chest. That's what caused Jungkook to accidentally fall asleep cuddled with Taehyung for a good 2 hours. However after waking up, he had tried his best to survive the rest of the night.

And now it's bright and early, the air is fresh and the birds are chirping.

Jungkook doesn't get up just yet, not wanting to move Taehyung, who's still attached to his side.

The lifeguard does however hear a few tents being zipped open, which means some kids are awake. So he sits himself up a little, gently pulling Taehyung's arm off of his hips as he does so.

When Jungkook looks behind him at the tents to see who's awake, it's not kids but rather the lifeguards.

Namjoon and Jin are the first to step out of their tents, Jin's hair messy and Namjoon yawning. They approach Jungkook sleepily.

"Jungkook-ah, we have to make breakfast for the kids. Come on." Namjoon says while rubbing his eyes sleepily. Jungkook is new to this, so he looks at them with some confusion before they beckon him to follow.

So Jungkook grumpily peels off his blanket and places it completely on Taehyung before getting up from the pretty deflated mattress where Taehyung almost disappears.

He heads to the staff room with Namjoon and Jin, already hearing noise from inside.

When they walk in, Lisa, Mark and Jimin are already all up, making coffee and grabbing food from the fridge. It's pretty busy and the staff room is small so Jungkook doesn't know what to do or where to stand.

"Jungkook you're awake! Make pancakes would ya." Lisa chirps, handing him a cup of coffee while sipping her own. 

Jungkook isn't really a morning person, especially with 2 hours of sleep so he grabs the coffee and ignore how enthusiastic the girl is.

"Do we even have supplies?" Jungkook questions, looking around the pretty empty cupboards.

"Here." Mark says, handing Jungkook a bag of premade pancake mix. Jungkook chuckles a little, grabbing the pancake mix and finding his own corner to make it.

"Good morning Jungkook, how was you're not sleep, outside?" Jimin asks with a smirk as he's placing a bunch of muffins on a tray.

"It was not bad, I loved staring at completely nothing for hours in the dark." He says, causing the all lifeguards to laugh.

"You mean staring at Taehyung?" Jin jokes and Jungkook looks at him like a deer caught in te head lights.

"Wh...why would you say that?" The lifeguard asks.

"I saw him this morning sleeping on your mattress." Jin says and a few lifeguards oo and ahh. Jungkook blushes but tries to get things straight with everyone.

After talking a bit more about the sleepover, Jungkook gets into making the pancakes while everyone else shuffles around the small kitchen to get food ready for the swimmers.

~

After everyone wakes up and eats, all the kids await on the bleachers to get picked up by their parents. Some sit sleepily with their friends, others lay down with their eyes closed.

Taehyung sits by himself, packing his bag and ruffling out his hair. When he woke up this morning, Jungkook was gone. He was almost thankful they didn't have to face each other but at the same time worried that the lifeguard was avoiding him. 

He only found out later that the lifeguard was making breakfast. 

Taehyung sits on the bleachers now, watching Jimin put the lane ropes in the water, and Jin put the umbrellas on the lifeguard chairs. 

Taehyung is pretty tired too, seeing as he didn't have the best sleep. After pretending to sleep for a good hour, he eventually got comfortable and fell asleep. However Taehyung did wake up a few times, realizing he was attached to Jungkook's side.

Taehyung still hasn't seen the lifeguard this morning, and he's grateful for that. The last time he'd really seen the lifeguard was when their lips were inches away and he was trying to make a move. In which went horribly wrong and now Taehyung feels akward.

He knows that if he sees Jungkook, his cheeks will burn right from his face and it won't be pretty. 

But of course, it's inevitable because the so-called lifeguard walks out of the staff room, wearing only his swim trunks. 

He's holding a bottle of sunscreen and walking up to Jimin who's still in the pool with the ropes.

"Sunscreen me Jimin." Jungkook says loudly so the shorter boy can hear.

"Not now, I'm busy." He says back, not looking at Jungkook.

Jungkook sighs and heads to his next prey. Jin.

Jin also declines Jungkook though. And so does Mark, and Lisa definetly declines. 

Jungkook can't even find Namjoon anywhere and he doesn't want to burn today. So he looks for his last option.

And spots him with wide eyes.


"Taehyungggg, sunscreen me." Jungkook says while jogging over to Taehyung who continues to sit on the bleachers away from everyone.

"No." Taehyung also says, watching the boys face drop in defeat. He tries to keep cool even though his cheeks are already turning red.

"Please! You're my only hope." Jungkook complains, shoving the bottle of sunscreen in Taehyung's hands. And Taehyung wants so badly to run away and hide his face, but the lifeguard is acting as if nothing is awkward, as if nothing even happened, so maybe everything is fine. 

"Fine." Taehyung mumbles, standing up from the bleachers and stepping down to Jungkook's level.

He squirts the sunscreen into his hands and rubs them together before staring at Jungkook's bare chest. 

"Why can't you just do it?" Taehyung asks all of a sudden, looking at the boy with confusion.

"I always miss a spot." Jungkook shrugs, smiling at Taehyung who's still unsure. Instead of rejecting him though, Taehyung just shakes his head and begins to rub the sunscreen onto Jungkook's muscular arms.

He gets the lifeguards arms, shoulders, neck, face, and now his chest.

And to say this is the first chest Taehyung has rubbed like this, is not a lie.

Jungkook's chest is tight, rock hard and muscular-exactly what Taehyung had been expecting. Taehyung tries to go quickly, not wanting to linger anywhere for too long even when Jungkook complains about the blotches of sunscreen.

However it's a different story when Taehyung reaches Jungkook's stomach, his abs.

Now, the tables have turned. As Taehyung rubs in the sunscreen more slowly across the lifeguards stomach, to cover more surface area, Jungkook's eyes widen suddenly. 

He looks down at Taehyung's long fingers, slowly teasing Jungkook's lower stomach as he rubs the sunscreen across Jungkook.

And Jungkook's cheeks suddenly flash red when the boy's hand is just inches above his crotch. And now, Jungkook wishes the boy would speed up and get this over with. 

Taehyung's hands touch the edge of Jungkook's swim trunks, too close for comfort, causing a shiver up the lifeguards spine. And some heat to build up in his lower region.

"U..uh can do my back now?" Jungkook asks with a flushed face. Taehyung, being carried away, finally snaps back into reality and takes his hands away from Jungkook's stomach. 

When he looks up and sees the surprise on Jungkook's face, he smirks a little.

He does Jungkook's back a whole lot quicker and then hands the bottle back to Jungkook and tells the lifeguard that his parents are here now.

"Oh you have to go? Already?" Jungkook asks when he looks around for a car in the pool parking lot.

"Yeah... anyways, I uh, had fun. See you Monday." Taehyung says to Jungkook with a small smile before walking towards the car. 

"Bye Tae." Jungkook calls out before heading to the staff room to clear his head. 


And his slight hard-on.