I hate you

Dive in

It's Jungkook's turn to swim and his chair duty is finally over. He climbs down the chair, letting Mark replace him. 

"Jungkook hurry up, it's almost for !" Lisa shouts from where she's standing with Hoseok and Jisoo. 

Jungkook sheds his shirt, leaving it hanging on the chair as he grabs his goggles. 

As Jungkook's walking over to the lanes, he catches Taehyung's eyes on him. However the boy still seems to be talking to Jimin, as they had been for a while after Taehyung's race.

Jungkook smirks a little before standing behind Jisoo in lane 4.

Girls go first, So Jisoo gets ready to swim, lining up on the block. 

Her race goes quite well, Jisoo coming first in her heat of girls. Jungkook congratulates her as she pulls herself out of the water, shyly thanking him.

Now, it's the lifeguards turn. He's racing against Hoseok and also Jackson. He hadn't even noticed the blonde haired boy until just now. The three of them get on the block, Hoseok feeling a little more nervous.

Jungkook hasn't raced in a little while, since all of the moving he did with his mother he took a few months off from the water. Maybe he's rusty. He'll found out.

"Gooo Jungkookie!" Jungkook suddenly hears a deep voice call out from behind him. He laughs in his head, already knowing which boy that voice belongs to. However the nickname is definitely new. 

"Swimmers take your marks." Jungkook is barely ready when she calls it, suddenly adjusting his goggles before looking at the water in front of him.

And the gun goes off, just as his feet leave the block.

Jungkook dives in smoothly, just like how he showed his swimmers during practise. He stays underwater for a while, doing his farthest streamline until he needs air.

When Jungkook comes up, he seems to be pretty far ahead. He does stroke as strong as he can, taking a far lead. Hoseok and Jackson are almost the same pace, however Jackson manages to get a little farther. 

After Jungkook's flip turn (touch) he's on his way to the other wall. Everytime his head comes out of the water, he hears the roar of the crowd yelling stuff. It's hard to make out what they're saying but the cheers are definitely motivating. 

"Go!! Go Jungkook!" Jungkook even hears his name being called, only making him go faster. 

Jungkook touches the wall 15 seconds before everyone. And everyone watching the race is left with shock. 

Jackson touches a second before Hoseok, both boys hugging for air.

"Good job boys." Jungkook says,
still standing in the water. They both breathlessly congratulate each other before getting out of the water for the next race.

Jungkook makes his way back over to the lifeguard chair where all his stuff is. He grabs his towel and wraps it around himself while discarding his goggles.

"Jungkook-ah, you didn't tell me you were that fast!" Lisa comes up from behind Jungkook, looking amazed.

"I didn't know either. It's been a while since I competed." He says, not trying to sound shamelessly cocky. 

"Well that was amazing. Good job Jungkook." She says before turning her eyes back on the pool where back crawl has started. 

Jungkook stands with Jin, Namjoon and Lisa as backstroke goes on. They watch the races, cheering on their own swimmers.

Jungkook notices Jimin, quickly heading to the staff room.

"Yah Jimin has to hurry up, his race is soon." Jin says to Namjoon.

"Oh he swims back?" Jungkook asks curiously, watching the boy walk out of the building with his goggles.

"Yeah, but Jimin doesn't really like back. He just swims it because no one else does." Namjoon says.

Jungkook watches the boy get into his lane before hearing a voice behind him.

"Go Jiminie! You better win!! Good luck." And it's the same voice that had cheered him on before.

Without turning to look at the suspect of the voice, Jungkook takes a step back so they're side to side.

"Yah, you're very un-loyal. First you're cheering for me, now you're cheering for Jimin. Who's next?" Jungkook says with total sarcasm, leaving the tanned boy a little surprised.

"I thought the lifeguards encouraged us to cheer for everyone." Tae says suddenly, causing Jungkook's face to brighten pink.

"Uh..well yeah of course. I was just testing you." Jungkook says, turning to look at the boy. 

His hair isn't so straight anymore from being wet and his body reflects from the water. Causing his eyes to almost..glow. Jungkook stares for a little bit, before realizing what he's doing.

He quickly snaps his head back to the pool where Jimin is already in the water racing. He had missed the entire beginning of the lifeguards race. 

"You're blocking my way, I can't see Jimin swim!" Taehyung says, trying to get by the lifeguard. 

He grabs Jungkook's shoulders and tries to move the older boy aside, however the boy doesn't budge.

"No." Jungkook says, keeping his eyes on the race as he feels the younger boys hands on his shoulder. Taehyung tries to push him again but Jungkook holds his ground.

"Hyung lemme see!" Taehyung whines, grabbing Jungkook's arm and attempting to pull him.

Jungkook begins to laugh, diverting his eyes to the younger who's desperately trying to move him.

"Taehyung the race is already over." Jungkook says with squinty eyes and a big smile. He laughs when Taehyung's face drops, his eyes widening in panic.

"Nooo Jiminie is going to kill me! Ah I hate you Jungkook." Taehyung says, letting go of Jungkook's arm and storming away to find the other lifeguard. Jungkook continues to laugh, causing a few heads to turn.

"What'd you do to Taehyung?" Lisa asks curiously as the lifeguard continues to laugh.

"Ahh nothing, but he said he hates me. So on Thursday we'll make practise extra hard." Jungkook says, kind of jokingly but Lisa seems to take it very seriously.

"I've already have a set in mind." She says with a creepy smirk. Jungkook gulps.