You make me sick

Dive in

Jungkook is very un-happy to wake up with a stuffy nose, terrible cough and a sore throat.

Instead of wearing his usual lifeguard attire-swim shorts and well, no shirt- Jungkook wears a red sweater to warm his cold body.

The day isn't that warm as swim team starts, making no swimmers want to jump into the cold pool.

So here Jungkook is, asking for the 10th time for his group to get in the water. He threatened them with push-ups and sit-ups, but since Lisa is late, no one seems to care.

"Please just get it, you guys are giving me a headache." Jungkook groans when he hears Hoseok scream after touching the water with his toe.

Yoongi just stands cross armed next to the boy, waiting for someone else to hop into the water. Jisoo just shakes her head vigorously and Jackson jumps up and down to get warm.

Taehyung is still over by the bench, slowly shedding his clothing. He decides to take extra long today, which Jungkook is grateful for, but also annoyed about

He doesn't know exactly how to approach the younger, especially after yesterday's happenings. Of course, Jungkook did initiate it. And Taehyung reciprocated it so it must mean something right?

"Taehyung, hurry up!" Jungkook calls out to the boy, startling him as he looks up with wide eyes. However his voice isn't as scary with his current cold and stuffy nose.

"Coming!" Taehyung shouts back, throwing his shirt on the bench before arriving with his goggles in hand.

"Since you're late, you're first in." Jungkook says to the boy once he arrives to lane 6. Taehyung just looks at Jungkook then to the pool, shaking his head.

"No thanks." He says with a chuckle, eyes still on the water.

"Excuse me? Did you just say no?" Jungkook sniffs, standing up from the block and approaching the younger boy.

Taehyung looks up from the water when he notices the lifeguard standing up.

"Yes..." He says with a small smile, finally making eye contact with the lifeguard. He can't take the lifeguard seriously when he's wearing a big sweater and sniffling like that. 

"As a coach, I won't accept that answer." Jungkook says, coughing slightly. Taehyung looks at him with confusion before he suddenly takes a big step closer to the boy. 

Taehyung is slow to react as Jungkook's hands suddenly connect to his back and push him forwards harshly, causing Taehyung to fall into the shallow water.

The whole group begins to laugh and feeling influenced by Jungkook, they start pushing each other in.

Hoseok is next to go when Yoongi pushes him, then Jackson pushes Yoongi and Jisoo pushes Jackson.

Taehyung comes up from the water, splashing everywhere as he gasps.

" it's cold!" He swears, feeling goosebumps forming all over his body.

"Language." Jungkook says however it's not as stern as it should be. Taehyung just looks up to see a small smile on the lifeguards face. He smiles back before darting his eyes towards the rest of the swimmers.

Jisoo is the only one left out of the water. She looks at Jungkook worriedly, watching him threaten to push her in before she jumps in out of her own fear.

Practise starts late once everyone does a few laps of head up front crawl to get warm. Lisa finally shows up to get the show on the road. However  she lets Jungkook do most as it is his first day as an official coach.

So even with his head ache and runny nose, he tries his best to be a good coach for everyone.

"Today I'll take it easy on you guys. I've been pretty mean lately." Jungkook says while making brief eye contact with Taehyung, only to remember pushing him too hard. He still feels bad about that, however his apology went better than expected.

During practise though, it's hard not to look at Taehyung more than others. And it's hard to look at his lips without thinking about kissing them. It's hard, but Jungkook has enough self control to separate his personal life from coaching, he can do it.

"300m social kick." Jungkook says before breaking out into a coughing fit. All the swimmers look up at him with worry as they're grabbing their kick boards. 

"You okay Jungkook?" Lisa asks the boy while handing him a water bottle. He takes it with a nod and sips the water.

Once he's calmed down, Jungkook looks back down at his swimmers to notice they're all staring up at him.

"Are you sick?" Taehyung asks him, kick board in hand.

"Nah, just a little cold. I was out in the rain yesterday for an hou..." Jungkook almost complelty forgets about yesterday.

How he was desperately waiting for the younger to arrive. It was embarrassing how long he waited outside in the rain incase Taehyung showed up. However he just almost accidentally exposed himself. 

Jungkook looks down at his swimmers who were keenly listening to his story, Taehyung's face a little shocked.

"Not an hour, I meant it felt like an hour... it was only like 15 minutes. Anyways start kick." Jungkook brushes off, hoping Taehyung won't catch his lie. 

The boy can't know that Jungkook waited for him for that long, especially in the rain. He can't seem that desperate.

He can't show Taehyung how much he likes him just yet. He wants to take things slow.

"Get better soon Hyung." Taehyung whispers, once everyone has pushed off the wall to do their kick.

And Jungkook looks down to see Taehyung, looking up at him with sincerity. It's so friggin cute too..