Day 1-declined

Dive in

As Jungkook is scrolling through his Instagram, he notices a follower request. He excitedly pressed the notification to see who it is.

And his breath hitches when he see's Taehyung's username. He looks at it a few times to see if it's really Tae, even pressing on the boys account.

Jungkook is about to hit follow back, however Jin's words suddenly echo in his head. And he really wishes he'd let them disappear.

If Jungkook accepts the follow right now, what if Taehyung texts him? Or likes and comments? Or posts good looking pictures?

It's ridiculous, really anyone would accept the request. But Jungkook wants to wait, at least until after his evaluation. So with a little drop in his heart, he declines the request and feels terrible about it.

~

Mondays practise is full of grumpy swimmers, and not just Yoongi. Everyone hates Mondays but the practise isn't that hard so everyone comes. 

Jungkook let's Lisa start off the warm up while he comes up with a reasonable set for today. He writes it on the white board and awaits for everyone to finish the warmup.

Once everyone's at the wall, he starts.

"Okay everyone, here's today's set." The lifeguard says while showing the whiteboard to everyone.

"Did you write 4000m of free?" Jackson asks with a loud laugh. Jungkook looks down at his board with confusion before his cheeks flush red.

"Ah no, just a joke haha." Jungkook laughs awkwardly as he erases one of the zeros to make it 400. 

"Aw come on, I was excited to do 4000m!" Jackson starts up again, leaning forward to get a better look at Jungkook who's hovering over him.

"No way, you couldn't do that even in your dreams." Jungkook teases, rolling his eyes jokingly as Jackson laughs. 

Jungkook and Jackson continue to joke a little, getting off track from the set. And Taehyung watches it all with a raised eyebrow as he wishes for them to shut up.

"So what are we swimming?" Taehyung finally cuts in when Jackson playfully hits Jungkook's leg.

Jungkook looks down to Taehyung quickly, breaking eye contact after a second before looking at the white board.

"400m free, slow to fast." He says, looking at everyone but Taehyung. However it's not very noticeable yet so Taehyung just pushes off and swims.

Lisa pushes Jungkook to complete the entire set today seeing as he's going to have to do it for his evaluation. 

He decides to make it a pretty decent practise today not to tire anyone out too much.

"You know, for the real evaluation you should make a hard practise. It'll impress Namjoon to see them working hard." Lisa says.

"Really? Okay, but what if one can't do it?" Jungkook asks, remembering the time people skipped laps and couldn't even complete the set.

"They're strong! They can all do it." Lisa says however Jungkook's still unsure. He doesn't doubt any swimmer, however he knows some get more tired than others. Aka Kim Taehyung. But now that he thinks about it, he shouldn't put his standards just to Tae's level. If he's going to listen to Jin's words then he has to actually take the action.

He'll make the practise extremely hard. 

~

Once practise is over, Taehyung leaves pretty quickly. He says goodbye to both coaches, however only gets a response from Lisa. 

"See you tommorow at practise Taehyung." She says waving him goodbye. However when Taehyung looks to Jungkook, he's looking away, no goodbye from him.

Taehyung just walks past him without another word, but definitely confusion. He gets onto his bike and bikes away without looking back. 

Did the almost kiss make things awkward? Was it a terrible mistake?  

Taehyung bikes through the rocky road that exits the pool as he thinks deeply about the lifeguard. He just can't help but stress that the other day he made a mistake. However Jungkook was acting fine the next morning when Taehyung had applied sunscreen to him. He didn't act awkward. 

Taehyung gets knocked back into reality when his bike gets caught on a sharp rock, causing him to fly off his bike. He lands right onto the rocks, one of them cutting his knee a little. 

"." Taehyung grunts before pushing himself up and picking his bike up. He looks around to see if anyone saw his embarrassing fall before climbing back onto his bike. 

He should focus on the road instead of the lifeguard. Jungkook seems to be acting weird anyways.

~

After getting home and bandaging his knee, Taehyung grabs his phone to check Instagram. The only way to really tell if Jungkook's acting weird or not is to check if he had followed Taehyung back.


And when Taehyung goes to check, he notices that not only is Jungkook not following him, but also that Jungkook declined Taehyung's request to even follow him.  

What the hell Jeon Jungkook?