Rain

Dive in

Jungkook nervously awaits for 9 o'clock to hit. It's Monday morning and swim practise starts soon.

And Taehyung will be coming soon.

The sky is cloudy and the pool is almost empty, as most are afraid to show up incase it ends up storming.  

Jungkook however takes his chances by waiting outside his lane with the white board in hand.

His first day as an official coach.

His hopeful words get lost pretty quickly however, when a cold drop of rain splats onto his cheek.

"Aw ." Jungkook groans, looking up to the very dark sky. Drops of rain start to fall quicker than ever and the already arrived swimmers start to scramble under shelter.

Taehyung's still not here yet. 

It's 8:56 and Jisoo tells Jungkook that she's leaving. Hoseok doesn't even get out of the car, instead he tells his mother to drive him back home. And the rest of his swimmers don't show up.

Jin and Jimin leave their lane after none of their swimmers show up, heading into the staff room to keep from getting wet.

"If your parents are still here, please go to them. Practise is cancelled for today." Mark tells his few swimmers, watching some excitement.

Now Jungkook is the only one left, waiting outside his lane for his swimmers, even though he knows they won't come.

The clock hits 9, and Lisa comes out of the staff room to find the lifeguard.

"Jungkook-ah! Why are you still here? Come inside!" She yells from across the pool, holding her clipboard over her head to stop the rain.

"Okay, just a minute, I'll be there in a sec." Jungkook says as the rain drops down his face. She nods quickly before scrambling back into the staff room where the rest of the lifeguards sit.

And Jungkook does wait another minute. Just incase. Incase one of his swimmers shows up. Or bikes. Because he seems to love coming to each practise, no matter the weather.

~

Taehyung bikes harshly through the rain, barely able to see what's in front of him.

He knows practise is cancelled. It gets cancelled whenever the rain is heavy. And he knows he should stop heading towards the pool and head home.

However something much more important seems to occupy his mind. Something that causes his slippery feet to continue peddling in the direction of the pool. And all that runs through his head is-

Did Jungkook fail his evaluation. If I show up to practise, will he still be at the pool? Will he be saying goodbye to all of his well made friends, or will he be sitting comfortably in the staff room, knowing he's safe.

Taehyung finally reaches the pool, not bothering to lock his bike as he runs through the gates of the pool, rain covering most of his vision.

The pool area is completely empty, causing the boy to stop in his tracks.

No one is here?

Taehyung starts his way towards the pool, seeing the rain through the water he realizes how harsh the rain is coming down. 

He walks towards the staff room, deciding in his head if he should go in. Maybe ask someone if Jungkook is there, or look for Jungkook himself.

However as Taehyung reaches the staff room door, a noise from across the pool behind him stops him from going in.

Someone sneezes loudly, the sound almost echoing through all the rain.

Taehyung turns around to find the source, only noticing a few seconds later a figure sitting on one of the blocks.

Is that one of our swimmers? Does he think know practise is cancelled?

Taehyung knows no one would be dumb enough to believe practise was on after seeing a completely empty pool. So of course, the only other male sitting in lane 6 with drenched onix hair and a cute sneeze would have to be Taehyung's coach. Jungkook.

With a smile on his face, Taehyung leaves the staff room and begins his way over to the lifeguard. 

Jungkook is looking down at the water, not even noticing the younger boy crossing the pool with excitement, just to get to him.

And Taehyung is glad. He wants to surprise the lifeguard. 

~

Jungkook is about to give up. He's about to get and leave. He's embarrassingly drenched, catching a cold and desperately waiting. He lifts his eyes to look around the pool one last time, when a figure next to him startles him almost off the block.

"Taehyung?" Jungkook gasps, eyeing the equally drenched boy standing next to him with a cute smile.

"Jungkookie, you're here! Which means..." Taehyung smile mischievously as he takes a step closer to Jungkook. The lifeguards heart picks up.

"Congratulations, you passed!" Taehyung celebrates happily, smiling widely at the lifeguard in front of him.

Jungkook watches the younger cheer for him with happiness and he feels contentment in his heart. He feels an urge celebrate with the younger. And so does Taehyung as he starts to lean in, going for a quick hug.

However Jungkook's way of celebrating is different from Taehyung's. As Taehyung leans in for a hug, Jungkook is slowly grabbing the younger boys face with both hands and pulling him in, attaching their lips together.

Jungkook feels Taehyung freeze for a second, utterly suprised by the sudden action. However once Jungkook's lips touch his own, Taehyung goes along with the kiss. Jungkook smiles as he feels Taehyung's warm lips accept his own and he kisses the younger with fiery. 

The rain continues to fall harshly, dropping down Jungkook's face as he leans deeper into the kiss. Taehyung pulls back first, catching his breath from such a spontaneous kiss.

He looks up at Jungkook, who's also catching his breath from the kiss, but smiling.

"Jungkook...I-" 

"Thank you Taehyung. For coming." Jungkook interrupts, kissing the younger on his forehead before discarding his hands from Taehyung's face. Taehyung smiles shyly, not feeling used to the sudden affection received from the lifeguard.

"I...have to go now... but I'm assuming practise is cancelled?" Taehyung says jokingly, earning a chuckle from the older.

"Of course. You'll be there tomorrow though right?" Jungkook's tries not to sound sad that he's leaving so soon, looking at the younger expectantly.

"Of course. Goodbye Jungkookie!" Taehyung waves quickly before backing away from the lifeguard with a smile on his face.

"Please stay safe Tae." Jungkook says on a more serious note, watching the rain fall harshly. Taehyung just nods and waves once more.

Jungkook waves back to the younger and watches him walk out of the pool, his wet bangs covering his eyes as he gets shakes his hair out.

Jungkook smiles to himself before heading into the staff room to dry off with the rest of the staff. 

And Jin is standing in the enterance with a big, annoying grin on his face