Pool sleepover pt.1

Dive in

Night comes quickly and people 
already start arriving to the pool. It's only 6:44, however most of the younger kids are already all here. 

Jungkook had the chance to go home and collect some stuff for the sleepover. Jimin had told him they'd share a tent so he didn't need to bring one. He didn't even have one.

Everyone scatters around the pool, bunching around in groups of friends. It's free swim so there's a lot of kids in the pool. Jin tells everyone to place their bags on the bleachers for now. 

Jungkook notices there aren't many really young kids. Mostly 12+. Probably because they aren't allowed to camp outside in tents without parents. 

Jungkook waits on the lifeguard chair, looking out for any swimmers from his group, but he still doesn't spot any. The'll probably come a little later perhaps. 

He hopes.

 

~a little later~

Jungkook's duty is finished and he still doesn't spot a single familiar swimmer. No Yoongi, Hoseok, Jisoo. He doesn't see Jackson or even Taehyung. 

"They're old. They don't like being early, or even doing activities." Lisa comments when she notices Jungkook's eyes searching the crowd. It's already 7:15.

"Oh, so they'll be here later?" Jungkook asks her, Lisa just nodding. He's a little disappointed but it's all good. As long as they come.

Once the clock hits 7:30, it's time for Jungkook's activity. He had stayed in the staff room while Jimin was doing his, to plan his own activity and get objects ready. 

"Okay everyone, now that I'm done here, Jungkook is going to introduce the next activity." Jimin says, looking out for Jungkook who's just walking out the staff room. 

Jungkook holds a big bag in his hands, looking quite heavy as he brings it over to the pool. 

He stands by Jimin, and looks out at all the swimmers currently occupying the pool. There's a lot of kids, all anticipating what Jungkook has to say. He even spots Emma and Sally excitedly waving in the water. He smiles a bit as he starts to explain.

"For my activity, you'll need goggles." Jungkook says, looking at every swimmer suddenly reach for their goggles either on their heads or in their hands.

"I'll be throwing money, in change form, into the water. Collect as many cents as you can and bring them back to me. Ever cent you find, you'll revive a candy." Jungkook says while lifting te bag of change to show everyone. 

The kids happily jump up and down, yelling loudly as Jungkook approaches the pool. 

"Everyone close your eyes." Jungkook says as he shoves his hand in the bag of change. 

The swimmers listen, covering their eyes with their hands as Jungkook begins throwing the money into the pool.

He tries not to hit anyone, getting every and each corner of the pool. Jimin and Mark all him out, grabbing handfuls of money and throwing it in the water. 

Once they're done with the last of it, Jungkook counts down to three.

"And....go!" Jungkook yells, watching everyone move their hands from their eyes and diving down under the water to find some change. 

It goes really well as Jungkook watches everyone participating. The older kids have a bit more of an advantage, as they can swim deeper and better. However Jungkook notices some older kids helping the younger ones which makes him happy.

However he wishes his group could also be here, doing the activity. 

"They're going to attack us once they see all the candy." Jimin says, walking past Jungkook to go get the candy. The younger lifeguard laughs, truly worried about the amount of sweet toothed kids there are here.

Jimin splits the CaNdY between him, Jungkook and Jin and they line up in three spots around the pool. 

Once every swimmer feels there's no more change on the floor of the pool, they start getting out.

"Oh boy." Jungkook breaths, looking at the sudden hurricane of kids pushing themselves out of the water and to the lifeguards.

Jungkook suddenly has a line of excited kids, handing Jungkook their change as he hands them a small candy. 

 He's surprised to see some kids showing up with 20 cents or more. They get 20 candies which is quite a bit.

The candy giving lasts a good 15 minutes, some kids even going back in the water to find more. Once it's over, Jimin officialises that there's no more money and some kids pout.

"They really had fun. Good job Kook!" Jimin says, patting his friend on the back. 

~

The next activities go on for quite a while, making it now 9pm. Finally, someone from Jungkook's group shows up. 

Actually two, and Jungkook is very surprised to see Yoongi, along with Hoseok. Looks like they came together, walking into the gates of the pool with their bags on their shoulders and a tent bag in Hoseoks hands.

"It's about time!" Jungkook calls out, walking towards the two boys with a smile. He instructs the boys to put their bags on the bleachers before they join in on the fun.

"You missed all the games. It's free swim now." Jungkook says, pointing to the kids splashing around in the water.

"Exactly why we came late." Yoongi says, Hoseok laughs.

"Well, glad to see you two. Do you know if..anyone else is coming?" Jungkook asks, hoping at least Hoseok would know.

"By that, you mean Taehyung? You're favourite swimmer?" Hoseok says as a joke, but Jungkook is taken aback for a second. 

Was I really asking about just Taehyung, or do I care if Jisoo and Jackson come.

"What are you saying I have no favourites." Lies.

"Anyways, Taehyung told me he was on his way. He got caught up with something.." Hoseok says mysteriously.

"Oh, what was he caught up with?" Jungkook asks accidentally, he tried so hard to keep to himself.

"He told me he couldn't find the right clothes to wear. I think he spent a lot of time figuring his clothes out." Hoseok says, snitching on the younger boy.

Jungkook starts to laugh, thinking of the boy wasting so much time just to get the perfect outfit.

"Alright well thanks, let's have some fun!" Jungkook says before jumping into the pool and surprising both boys. 

Jungkook's laughing when he comes up from the water, trying to spot both boys who he must have splashed. 

However instead of seeing Hoseok and Yoongi, standing in front of him is Kim Taehyung, dripping wet.