Chapter 9: Min Jeul's Birthday, Jaejoong's Escape

Wrong Number

After much anticipation and begging Jaejoong was about to start spending the whole day with Min Jeul for her 21st birthday. Min Jeul was pretty excited so she decided to change into something pretty and cute. Once Jaejoong passed by the room to check on her Jaejoong was dazzled by her beauty as usual. Jaejoong stood there staring at her as she stood there staring back at Jaejoong.

“You look really pretty Min Jeul. You really do.” Jaejoong complimented softly and sweetly.

“Aw! Thank you oppa! I really wanted to look good today! Not only because it’s my birthday but also because I want to look good for you.” Min Jeul said. Jaejoong let out a huge smile on his face and his heart felt warm.

As the two left Junsu decided to stay indoors for now after travelling from yesterday. First stop that Min Jeul and Jaejoong went to was to watch a horror film. Min Jeul was excited and at the same time scared.

“Are you sure you really want to watch this? I don’t mind watching something else you might like. If you want we can just watch Miss Gold Digger instead of Bunshinsaba. It’s your day anyway so it’s your choice.” Jaejoong said and Min Jeul shook her head like a child.

“Nope! I want to watch Bunshinsaba with you Jaejoong oppa! I want to watch something scary. I won’t be too scared anyway because I have you with me.” Min Jeul said and Jaejoong smiled. They entered the cinema and sat on the middle part on the upper seats in the center.

There weren’t much people there. Most of the people were couples. And Jaejoong saw them all cuddling up and everything. He was wishing that this horror movie can give him that chance to cuddle with Min Jeul. As the movie played all of the horror parts were coming in. From the first scene itself Min Jeul was covering her eyes. As the scenes got even scarier she began to turn to Jaejoong’s side. She suddenly grabbed his left arm and tried to bury herself in it. Jaejoong was smiling because his wish was coming true.

“I told you you’d get scared. Let’s get out of here if you want.” Jaejoong whispered. Min Jeul shook her head while buried on Jaejoong’s left arm.

“I want to continue watching. Just don’t go away oppa.” Min Jeul said gripping tighter onto Jaejoong’s arm. Jaejoong continued to enjoy the movie and the moment with Min Jeul. Soon Min Jeul was holding onto Jaejoong’s hand and Jaejoong was practically cuddling up with Min Jeul just like the other couples. You can say they looked sweet together. The movie ended and they exited the cinema along with the eight couples inside.

“Jaejoong oppa, it was cold inside. I need to use the restroom. I’ll be back as fast as possible.” Min Jeul said and ran to the ladies’ room. Since they were in a cinema, Jaejoong turned off his phone. As soon as he opened it he had a of text messages coming from the girls…

Text Message From Miryo:
Jae, hav u seen min jeul? She’s missing & we dnt kno wer else 2 look 4 her. pls. if u kno wer she is call me ASAP!

Text Message From Ga-In:
Jaejoong oppa, i dnt knw if u received miryo unni’s txt msg bt if u did hav u seen her yet? we r rily worried n we dnt knw y she jst lft. pls txt bck soon! i’ll be wting 4 ur txt.

Text Message From Narsha:
Jae, is min-min w/ u? if she is tell her to cme hme NOW! if possible take her hme hir instead so dat she’ll be safe.

Second Text Message From Miryo:
Jae, i’ve been txting ovr & ovr again. hav u seen her? its important u call back if u do. Jae, pls reply!

Second Text Message From Narsha:
y wnt u pick up ur fone? wats up w/u? r u busy or sumthin? i’ll call ur haus.

Third Text Message From Narsha:
i called n made junsu tattle. He told me dat min jeul is w/ u sumwer. Wherever u r we need u to bring her back. As in now. Jae this is both for ur own good.

He also had several missed calls from the three even one from Junsu and a text message too…

Text Message From Junsu:
I didn’t know wat to do so I told them everythin. Sori for failing and bailing on u dude. I couldnt lie to the girls they were convincing and honest and they’ve never lied to me and they trust me. Just take her back home. I’ll see u here at home asap!

That was the last text message and Jaejoong received the message from Junsu around 5:22 p.m. It was already 5:33 p.m. Min Jeul came out of the bathroom and Jaejoong was still wearing his worried look.

“Is something wrong oppa? You seem sad and you looked like you have a problem.” Min Jeul said. Jaejoong shook off the face and turned it into a smiley.

“Ah! Don’t worry about a thing Min Jeul. I’ll be fine, let’s go to your favorite shop and buy something.” Jaejoong said. They headed straight towards the shop and Min Jeul was quickly attracted to one of the toys so she bought it.

“Jaejoong oppa, do you want anything?” Min Jeul asked returning the favor.

“No need to buy me anything Min Jeul. I want this day to be all about you. So don’t worry about me I’ll be just fine.” Jaejoong said.

As hours passed by Jaejoong enjoyed every moment that was occurring at those very hours. We weren’t thinking about the text messages the girls and Junsu gave him. He didn’t really want to return Min Jeul back to them just when he was in the bridge of being happy with her. Although trouble was about to occur when Jaejoong spotted Yunho at the mall entrance as he was in the second floor.

“Look, its Yunho oppa.” Min Jeul said as she pointed to the entrance. Yunho saw them and waved at them and mouthed them to wait for him. Jaejoong grabbed Min Jeul’s wrist and quickly ran off. Min Jeul was confused at why Jaejoong was running away from Yunho.

“Oppa? Are we playing hide and seek or something? Why are you running away from Yunho oppa? Is something wrong?” Min Jeul asked. Jaejoong didn’t answer her. He wanted Min Jeul to stay away from all of them. It was his was his way of protecting Min Jeul. Jaejoong thought that the hospitality that the girls were giving Min Jeul was not enough. Jaejoong was a little addicted at the same time sweet.

Jaejoong was panicking a bit wondering if Yunho was looking for them on the second floor. As Yunho passed by Jaejoong pretended to corner Min Jeul on the wall as if they were some other couple to confuse Yunho. He leaned closer to Min Jeul to pretend that they were kissing. As Yunho saw them he took a while to stare then went to the other shops to continue looking for them. When Jaejoong saw that it was clear he quickly ran off with Min Jeul away from the mall. They headed over to their favorite place, the park.

Laughter was coming from children flying kites and playing little games. Couples were everywhere being sweet with each other and enjoying the moment, parents were smiling as they watched their children play happily. A man was selling ice cream another was selling kites. On the other side a man was playing the guitar for money. Jaejoong walked over to the swings with Min Jeul. As he was pushing Min Jeul he was thinking of what to do. He didn’t want to go home because most likely the girls will be there and they’ll take Min Jeul away from him.

“Jaejoong oppa, you’ve been looking like that the whole day. It’s my birthday, please smile for me.” Min Jeul said. Jaejoong didn’t realize that he wasn’t smiling. He gave out a weak smile to Min Jeul while she returned it to him with a stronger one. Jaejoong continued to push her on the swing while thinking. An idea popped into Jaejoong’s mind and he honestly thought it was stupid but he wanted to give it a shot. While Min Jeul was eating ice cream Jaejoong made arrangements to leave for Japan alongside Min Jeul. The boys might think of Japan in case they find out he left the country but they’ll obviously have a hard time searching for Jaejoong as he claims. Jaejoong wasn’t telling anybody about the trip. He wasn’t telling the rest of the guys nor the girls and there was no way he was telling his manager.

After making the arrangements everything was finally ready. All they had to do was get ready and wait for the next morning to come. Jaejoong didn’t intend to bring his stuff nor Min Jeul’s. He asked the housekeeper to grab his passport for him and he paid her to stay quiet. As for Min Jeul’s, Jaejoong was working on how to get it.

As night fell Jaejoong and Min Jeul laid on the grass once again. Min Jeul turned to Jaejoong and he turned to her.

“Jaejoong oppa I had so much fun today! And I thank you for all of my experiences today.” Min Jeul said.

“It’s nothing Min Jeul.” Jaejoong said. He sighed and he was about tell Min Jeul.

“Min Jeul, would you like to travel to another country with me?” Jaejoong asked. Min Jeul had a simple smile on her face.

“Of course oppa. Where will we go?” Min Jeul asked and Jaejoong smiled.

“Japan. It’s a lot of fun there. You’ll really love it there. I’ve been there several times. It’s practically my second home already.” Jaejoong explained. Min Jeul felt the excitement in her body. Jaejoong moved his hand slowly towards Min Jeul’s face and slid his fingers slowly down her cheeks. Min Jeul just stared at Jaejoong the same way he stared at her.

Jaejoong was already in love with Min Jeul. But Min Jeul was just slowly falling for Jaejoong. Maybe the trip to Japan would be the key to all the problems occurring now. Maybe once Jaejoong and Min Jeul land there they can start their own life and maybe Jaejoong can still continue work with Dong Bang Shin Ki but with a distance… What will happen now?...