Chapter 11: Alike In Ways

Wrong Number
Min Jeul was missing and until now she was nowhere to be found. The girls are completely nervous. Jaejoong is panicking and searching on foot.

Jaejoong you should’ve just listened to your conscience. What is wrong with you huh? I thought you love Min Jeul? Why can’t you even just take care of her and show some respect? What is wrong with you Jaejoong.

Jaejoong thought to himself. He was finally blaming himself for his problems and everything else happening right now. Jaejoong didn’t know what to do if he didn’t find Min Jeul. He’d probably cry and maybe there was a huge possibility he would end up trying to scar himself in different ways. On the other hand, the tired Min Jeul sat down on the ground right next to a mini store. It was really cold and Min Jeul was completely lost. She didn’t know where to go to now. She kept on thinking if leaving the hotel was the right thing to do.

As time passed by Min Jeul fell asleep on the ground of the mini store. Jaejoong made a turn to the right to stop at the mini store until he was shocked before his eyes to see Min Jeul on the ground. He stored where he was and he was relieved, tired and he wanted to cry so badly. He walked slowly up to the sleeping Min Jeul. It was really late that night. Jaejoong squatted down to Min Jeul and he saw the same sleeping angelic face he did the night they watched the stars together. Jaejoong smiled and a tear fell down from his eye. He realized how stupid he was becoming over this and he made a final decision.


A couple of more hours later, it was already 3:39 a.m.

“I’m really scared now. What if something happened to the both of them?” Miryo started to get nervous. She was afraid something bad would have happened to Min Jeul and Jaejoong. At this hour, who wouldn’t be afraid of where your friends are especially when you know one is missing.

“Don’t be, Jae knows his ways around. And I’m sure like what he said. Min Jeul probably hasn’t gone too far. She’s only on foot and she will probably get tired and sit down and I know Jae won’t until he finds her. They’re probably on their way here for all we know.” Changmin said trying to calm her down. Miryo sighed and a knock was heard from the door.

The knocking seemed weak and soft but with Ga-In’s clean and clear ears she heard the knock on the door. She suddenly stood up and the others were a little confused. Ga-In went near the door and checked out the peep hole.

“Oh my gosh! It’s Jaejoong and Min Jeul!” Ga-In yelled and quickly unlocked the double locks and opened up the door. Jaejoong was tired and sleepy. Min Jeul was on his arms fast asleep. Ga-In let him in and Jaejoong went straight to the living room.

“Where the have you been?” Yoochun said as he went near Jaejoong probably wanting to punch him by now.

“I don’t want to talk about it. Where’s her room?” Jaejoong asked.

“Follow me.” Ga-In said. Ga-In grabbed a key from the drawer and leaded the way. Jaejoong followed and they went to the last door in the hallway. Ga-In opened the door and the room was so clean. The walls were purple and a theme of purple and baby blue was everywhere. Jaejoong placed her down on the soft comfy bed.

“This room is really clean and it smells fresh.” Jaejoong said.

“She never used this room. This is the first time we’ve opened it. Ever…” Ga-In said as she crossed her arms looking at Min Jeul sleeping.

“How come?” Jaejoong asked.

“She’s afraid to sleep alone. She’s always sleeping right next to Miryo.” Ga-In said. The slightly closed the door leaving an open space and went back to the living room.

“Okay, who wants to go first?” Yoochun said talking about who would want to be first to get mad at Jaejoong. Narsha stood up from the couch.

“I don’t mind being first! You are a total who does not deserve to live! If I wasn’t such a decent person I would have stabbed you with a butcher’s knife by now and most likely poked your eyes out so you wouldn’t lay another eye on any woman on this living planet! I hate you Kim Jaejoong you practically gave us a heart attack! I hope karma comes back to you! I curse you for the rest of your living life!” Narsha said.

“Narsha, your too harsh. I’m sure Jae has an explanation.” Miryo said as she stood.

“No, don’t stop her. She has the right to get mad at me. I know what I did was wrong and I’m completely aware of it. But like what you said Miryo, I do have an explanation.” Jaejoong said. The two sat down.

“Let us hear it.” Miryo said.

“Okay…” Jaejoong said and sighed deeply as he swayed his arms back and forth and clutched them together.

“I fell in love with Min Jeul the day I saw her. Call it corny, crappy or whatever but I say its love at first sight. It’s never happened to me because I’m the type of person who wants to get to know somebody before liking or even hating them. But as I got to know Min Jeul more and more I started to like her even better. The first night I went star gazing with her at the park, we lay on the ground and she fell asleep. I looked at her face and I saw more than just that. I saw an angel who was probably sent to me. This is beginning to sound unrealistic but it is. I don’t care what you’ll say after but I fell completely in love with her. I was hoping you’d understand but my thoughts and hopes backfired on me for some reason. The day I took her from you I wasn’t thinking right. I was being selfish and I didn’t even think of what Min Jeul wanted. I took advantage of her illness and the fact that I know she doesn’t think right. When I found her I suddenly came to realize that what I did was wrong and that I know this would scar me for the rest of my life. Right now I know you’ll be mad at me forever and I truly understand that. I don’t blame any of you. I almost brought down my group and almost lost some friends. I know came to realize that. I’m sorry and I hope you can understand and forgive me and I promise I’ll do my best to be a better person. You can pull her away from me and hide her but I can’t guarantee you that I won’t try to look for her.” Jaejoong said.

Everyone became silent. They all looked down. Junsu stood up and wanted to say something but no words came out. Their attention was distracted away from Jaejoong when they saw someone standing right behind Jaejoong at the hallway of the rooms.

“Min Jeul…” Miryo said. She stood up quickly and hugged Min Jeul.

“I was scared and I missed you so much!” Miryo said as she hugged Min Jeul. Min Jeul wasn’t hugging back and wasn’t even listening to Miryo. She kept on staring at Jaejoong. Eye contact with one another. Min Jeul gently made Miryo stop hugging her.

“What’s wrong?” Miryo asked.

“Is that all true oppa?” Min Jeul asked looking at Jaejoong. Jaejoong was guilty as charged!

Tears were slowly strolling down Min Jeul’s eyes and seeing that at this moment and atmosphere Jaejoong’s heart was practically stabbed and squashed by the pain he could see that Min Jeul was realizing now. Min Jeul didn’t know what to feel. If she was to be angry, depressed, happy or completely in love. The fact that Jaejoong took advantage on her was the first thing that was on Min Jeul’s mind. It pained her to know that. To her it seemed like he was just using her for his schemes. But it was actually more to that. She just didn’t realize it.

“Oppa! I hate you so much and I trusted you but you never told me anything anymore! I know you took me but how can you take advantage and think that I wouldn’t realize that? Just because I’m like this does not mean I can’t think straight! Believe it or not but the doctor told me I can and right now I’m using that right and corrected mentality given to me. I hate you so much and I don’t want to see you ever again!” Min Jeul said. Everything was becoming confusing for everyone.

To Jaejoong he thought Min Jeul would understand and he never realized that she would think of the advantage part seriously. The girls didn’t know what to do or feel either. The guys were just blank. Min Jeul ran to her room and locked the door. Miryo followed.

“Min Jeul open the door please!” Miryo said as she knocked softly. Narsha stood up and went near Jaejoong and he backed a little.

“Thanks a lot smart ! Ga-In, show them the door out. Don’t forget to triple lock the door.” Narsha said and went to Miryo. The guys stood up and were following Ga-In. Jaejoong stood there.

“Come on Jae, it’s over. We can’t do anything about it anymore. We’ll talk about this tomorrow. We’re really tired and sleepy, let’s go.” Yunho said. Jaejoong followed and Yoochun drove all of them on their way home. When they got back everyone was quiet.

“The discussion and punishment will be discussed tomorrow. As of now let’s just get some sleep.” Yunho said. The all agreed and went to bed. Jaejoong couldn’t sleep the whole night.

The next day has passed. Breakfast at DBSK’s house was quiet. The boys weren’t opening up any topic at all. Changmin being the youngest didn’t like it and neither did Yunho. Yunho placed down his chopsticks and sighed.

“So… What will it be? As Jae’s punishment?” Yunho asked.

All of them stayed quiet.

“We can’t just let him get away with it.” Yunho said.

“Why are you like that to me? You seem to hate me just because I was winning Min Jeul over you!” Jaejoong said finally speaking up.

“What do you mean winning? You were practically losing! You even thought I had a crush on Min Jeul! Guess what, I just thought of her as a sister never have I even given thought of making her my girlfriend! You should’ve thought about that first! What if it came out the media huh? The Headline Speaks the Truth, Hero Jaejoong of Dong Bang Shin Ki Kidnaps an Innocent and Mentally Challenge Young Female!” Yunho said as he moved his hands on the air making a mockery out of Jaejoong.

“Shut up! Nobody asked you!” Jaejoong said. He stood up from his seat and walked out.

“Let’s just not talk about it anymore Yunho. Let’s just give Jaejoon some time. If we’re having a hard time, imagine what he feels right now.” Junsu said.

At the girls’ house everything was semi-quiet. The girls were giggling and playing around in Min Jeul’s room.

“So! How does it feel to sleep alone in your own room? Feels nice right? You get peace and quiet and nobody bothers you! You have the whole bed to yourself! You can sleep in any position you want without anybody caring or knowing!” Narsha said. Min Jeul smiled.

“Yeah! From now on I’ll sleep in my own room.” Min Jeul said.

Happiness seemed to stroll around the atmosphere quickly at their house but as for DBSK it might take a while since Yunho still cannot accept what Jaejoong just did. Every burden at this moment was placed on Jaejoong and it was semi pushed on Yunho considering he is the leader. If information about this leaked out, which most likely it will since fan girls and the media follow their every step, Yunho was to answer for the group. But there was a huge chance that Junsu would but in and help out Yunho when he couldn’t answer.

The girls left the room to fix up some breakfast and slightly closed the door behind them. Ga-In was left inside the room along with Min Jeul. She noticed that Min Jeul seemed a little down even after they laughed and giggled a couple of minutes ago.

“What’s wrong?” Ga-In asked. Min Jeul bit her lip.

“I’m just wondering what Jaejoong oppa is doing right now. I wonder if he’s alright.” Min Jeul said.

Ga-In sighed deeply.

“Just forget about him for a while okay? You’re only going to give yourself stress, remember what they said at the hospital, don’t give yourself any stress because it will affect the process you’re going through.” Ga-In said.

Min Jeul decided to smile and just not think about it.

A couple of hours have passed. The girls warned Min Jeul not to leave the house if they don’t want something like that to happen again. Yunho and the guys reminded Jaejoong not to leave the house either while they go out and do errands.

The two were like prisoners trapped inside a jailhouse or mental institute. Jaejoong lay on the couch, his hands on his head, looking up the ceiling and thinking of Min Jeul over and over again. Wondering what she’s doing, how she’s feeling, what she’d be doing tomorrow or in a minute… Or in a second… Min Jeul just lay on her bed playing with her fingers as she lay sideways and thinking of Jaejoong and thinking of the same things Jaejoong’s thinking of.

The two were practically lovers, in a way they were thinking of the same thing right there, right that second and at that moment. Could it really be true that they are meant for each other? Or is it coincidental? Min Jeul couldn’t stand it anymore; she stood up from her bed and went to the living room. She searched for a number, specifically the number of the boys’ house. Once she found the number she grabbed the phone and thought about it. But she decided to continue anyway.

The phone kept on ringing and ringing. Although expecting someone to answer, particularly Jaejoong, no one answered the phone. Blank. The ringing stopped and you can hear that other sound. Min Jeul a little pained even more hanged up the phone and slouched down on the couch with a pouting face. She wanted to talk, see and hear Jaejoong so badly. She didn’t care how but she wanted now. Min Jeul was a little depressed and lonely. In this matter, it was highly going to affect the process she’s entering severely. But in a way nobody would or could notice.

When the girls got back they ended up seeing Min Jeul asleep on the couch with the directory book open. The girls looked at each other. They dropped down the grocery. Ga-In and Narsha started to put the groceries in their proper places while Miryo closed the directory book as she looked at Min Jeul sleeping like a baby. Miryo was thinking so much about Min Jeul’s health and condition. Narsha prepared dinner, Miryo set up the table and Ga-In started to play some fun music from f(x). the girls began to feast.

They were laughing, giggling and chatting. They kept on bringing back the fun things in the past; they were planning on repeating them again. They were planning on touring around different countries, camping and hiking. They had so much fun… then someone suddenly knocked on the door. The girls stopped laughing and turned their backs onto the door.

“I’ll get it.” Miryo said as she stood up and excused herself. The others continued to chat. As Miryo got to the door she didn’t bother to check the peep hole. As she unlocked all the locks on the door and opened the door she gasped at whom she saw standing before her eyes. It was Jea back from Mokpo. From all the problems happening lately they didn’t have time to even settle the issue with Jea over the phone.

“Jea! You’re back so early... how come?” Miryo said stuttering. Jea just gave her that weird look.

“What are you talking about? I extended a couple of days more from my original come back.” Jea said giving her snobby attitude. She came in with her stroller bag and her big hand bag. She dropped her hand bag on the couch without looking at the dining room. She took off her shoes and her shades and tossed the shades on the coffee table on the living room and sat down on the couch.

“Do you guys still have anything to eat? I’m really starving!” Jea said and turned back to the dining room. There they all started to look at each other. Jea’s mood changed as she saw Min Jeul sitting there next to Narsha.

“What the is she still doing here huh?” Jea said as she pointed at Min Jeul.

“It’s not like we can kick her out like that Jea! The streets aren’t safe! And we have no friends that can keep her. Most likely none of them would!” Miryo said.

“Ugh! Don’t give me excuses! Give her back to that house that we got her from!” Jea said.

“Jea please!” Miryo began to beg.

Jea just looked at her then turned to Min Jeul.

“I’ll give her a week to show some respect and responsibility to me and if I don’t see that I don’t care!” Jea said and went back to her room. Everybody stayed quiet and the ambience in the room changed.

A couple of hours more Min Jeul wanted Jea to accept her even in her selfish ways. She brought in some food for Jea. Gimbap was her favorite along with Tteok. Min Jeul placed the tray on the small table with the flowers at the side. She knocked on the door.

“Come in!” Jea yelled.

Min Jeul turned the door knob and grabbed the tray and let herself in. Music from C.N. Blue was playing.

“What’s that?” Jea asked rudely.

Min Jeul set down the place on the side table.

“I got you Gimbap and Tteok. They’re your favorite right?” Min Jeul said. Jea nodded her head.

“Get out.” Jea said rudely. Although disgusted there was obviously nothing Min Jeul can do.

Min Jeul went back to her room and she began to fall asleep slowly. At that exact time so was Jaejoong. Dreams collided for these two as they both had the same dream about each other. More of a nightmare actually. Jaejoong was suddenly being pulled away by something and Min Jeul was too. Because of this Jeajoong began to sweat in his dream turning side to side and . Changmin woke up from it and sat up. Even from the dark he noticed Jaejoong moving around a lot. He just kept looking at him. Min Jeul on the other hand, considering her condition, was having a hard time. Her lungs felt like they were closing. She was sweating and groaning and . She moved from side to side. Her lungs felt like they were completely closed now and she couldn’t screamed for help.

Luckily, for her Narsha was about to go to her so she could drink her medicine. As she opened the door she dropped what she was holding and the warm glass of milk broke. She ran towards Min Jeul and things were getting bad.