Chapter 47: Watching You

Wrong Number

Yunho looked at the back and then back on the road. He was getting really nervous so he nudged Ricky who was driving and he turned to look at Yunho.

“Yeah?” Ricky asked.

“There’s someone following us.” Yunho said and Ricky looked at the rearview mirror and checked if anyone was following them. Unfortunately there was only one black car following them. He thought that Yunho was just acting crazy.

“You know, you’ve been acting crazy this whole day. Are you alright? Do you have a fever or something?” Ricky asked as he placed his right hand onto Yunho’s forehead. Yunho shoved his hand off.

“There’s nothing wrong with me. I’m serious, that car has been following us ever since we left and I bet the one driving it is a woman or if it isn’t a woman then there must be a woman inside the car.” Yunho said.

“And I’m guessing you think it’s Jea?” Ricky asked as he glanced at Yunho and back onto the road.

“Yeah, she did come to the hospital remember?” Yunho said.

“I checked back on her schedule in the airport and they said that Jea really left the country already and I asked them to call me if she ever came back here. So there’s nothing to worry about Yunho. Relax okay?” Ricky said and continued to drive.

They got home and some of them went to sleep while the orders decided to watch some T.V. Yunho stayed outside the front porch in the cold. You can see his breath from how cold it is. Yunho kept thinking about the woman that he saw. He really didn’t know if it was Jea or not. He really wanted to make sure. Yunho decided to take a walk around the neighborhood.

It was pretty dark and only lights from the streetlights. He felt someone following him, again, and he turned to look. There was nobody there but he had a feeling that there was someone. He looked at the darker sides without light and noticed that there seems to be something movie. As if it was a figure of a woman. He walked backwards to continue looking at it and he bumped into someone behind him.

He turned around and saw an American teenager. He said sorry and continued to walk. He watched the same direction and the shadow figure was no longer there. He quickly ran back home and decided to tell the others about it. But he had a second thought, he was thinking that maybe the others will call him crazy so he decided not to tell them about it instead.

“Yunho, can you help me here?” Yoochun asked as he was moving a box.

Yunho helped out Yoochun and Yoochun noticed that Yunho has a worried look on his face.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what’s up with you lately? First you were acting all weird in the amusement park and now here? Are you alright?” Yoochun asked as he continued to look at Yunho wasn’t giving him back a response.

“Yunho!” Yoochun yelled and Yunho turned to him.

“Didn’t you hear my question?” Yoochun asked Yunho.

“Yeah I heard… I don’t want to talk about it.” Yunho said.

Yunho tried to skip the question the whole day. When they were about to head to bed, Yunho couldn’t sleep. He stayed up all night just thinking about the woman that was following them. He was really afraid because Min Jeul was finally getting better and if that woman is after Min Jeul it will ruin everything for her. Especially since she’s already getting better from her illness.

The following day they took another visit to the hospital to ask if Min Jeul can come with them already. They were really hoping she could come and she really wants them to come. Most especially because they want to spend time with her and they know how home sick Min Jeul must feel. And she wants her wedding in Korea too.

The day came that they had to leave. Everyone was busy packing their things but Jaejoong didn’t even touch a single item. He doesn’t want to leave Min Jeul behind but he can’t get left behind either. For one, their fans are expecting them, they need to do more work, they have several TV show appearances lined up along with a full concert the following week.

“Jaejoong ah, why aren’t you fixing your things yet? Need help?” Miryo asked as she passed by their room.

She entered the room without Jaejoong responding. She grabbed Jaejoong’s clothes which were placed on the bed right next to Jaejoong and started packing them into his luggage. Miryo ignore Jaejoong’s facial expression since she wasn’t able to see it. But even if Miryo saw it, she doesn’t know what she’ll do or say to him.

“It’s as if everything is like just another casual day for all of you.” Jaejoong said as he was trying to imply that nobody was feeling the same way as him. Miryo then sighed and stood up without facing Jaejoong.

“Don’t think that we don’t feel your pain too Jaejoong. We do want her to come with us too.” Miryo said.

Miryo walked out on Jaejoong and was startled when Min Jeul appeard out of nowhere. She had a smile on her face and was trying to hide the sadness she felt that she wasn’t coming along. Miryo smiled back and walked pass her. She saw Jaejoong sitting on the couch, obviously depressed. She sat next to him and grabbed Jaejoong’s arm and wrapped it around her as she laid her head on his shoulder.

“Oppa, don’t be sad please? Smile!” Min Jeul said as she looked over at Jaejoong’s face with a cute smile. Jaejoong forced out a smile even if it was a struggle for him. It didn’t last long as it faded away. Min Jeul’s smile also faded when Jaejoong’s did.

The whole day the two spent their time on the bed just laying their not talking but looking at the ceiling and cuddling in each other’s warm presence. The time finally came that they all had to leave for the airport. Jaejoong’s things were already packed thanks to Miryo and they loaded the things inside their car. The whole car ride everyone was quiet and didn’t even speak a single world.

As they arrived it was time to say goodbye. The number one thing they didn’t want to do and the number one hardest thing to do in fact. Ga-In tried to keep her cool but she couldn’t help but hug Ricky anyway. Changmin just glared at her. Min Jeul and Jaejoong were outside at the back of the car as they were about to say goodbye to each other.

“Oppa, I don’t want to say goodbye. Which is why… I won’t say it at all.” Min Jeul said looking at her fingers as she was playing with them.

“I know you don’t. Neither do I.” Jaejoong said and hugged her tight. He didn’t want to let go.

His grip onto her got tighter but Min Jeul ignored how hard it was to breathe. She didn’t want to let go of Jaejoong either and she didn’t want him to let go. She didn’t want him to leave and she wanted to go with them so bad. She didn’t know what to think but her mind went blank and she just continued to hug him. Junsu had to in.

“Ahem…” Junsu said trying to cut things off.

“Sorry to just in but I have to.” Junsu said and someone placed his hand on his shoulder. It was Yoochun.

“Your definitely butts into anything.” Yoochun teased, Jaejoong and Min Jeul snickered and Junsu glared at Yoochun and Yoochun just let out a soft fake smile.

“We need to go inside now, our plane leaves in an hour. We need to check in our things and make sure we get in through security.” Yoochun said and walked back up front with Junsu. Jaejoong held Min Jeul’s hand.

“I promise to come back okay? Wait for me.” Jaejoong said and they walked up front.

All of them waved goodbye and Yunho decided not to look back. Yunho looked over at the glass windows and saw Min Jeul still waving. He couldn’t resist so he turned around and he saw that cute innocent smile on Min Jeul. He wanted to rush back and hug her but he knew he couldn’t do that. Now that she is engaged with Jaejoong things mustn’t go his way no matter what.

When the plane was going to leave, it was like faith. Jaejoong was staring outside the window and looking outside as the plane sets off. At that exact time Min Jeul was looking outside the car’s window at the backseat looking as they were about to go back home. Ricky saw the look on Min Jeul’s face through his rear view mirror. He wanted to say something but he didn’t want to because it might hurt her so he kept his mouth shut.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the boys arrived in Korea. Everything seemed normal. The place was quiet and a little dull do. Jaejoong looked at the ground. Yoochun placed his hand on Jaejoong’s shoulder as the others just passed by feeling really jet lagged.

“Don’t worry, she’ll join us soon!” Yoochun said and patted Jaejoong’s shoulder as he went to the bathroom.

At the girls’ house, they arrived and saw Jea sitting on the couch and she turned to look at her other group mates who have arrived. Miryo, Narsha and Ga-In just stared at her as she stared back. Miryo walked away and went back to her room to refrain herself from wanting to pull every single strand of hair off Jea’s head. Miryo plopped onto her bed and grabbed her cellphone to call Yoochun. Yoochun picked up his phone as soon as it rang without looking at the screen.

“Hello?” he answered in a lazy voice.

“I miss you already.” Miryo said and Yoochun chuckled.

“It’s only been an hour Miryo.” Yoochun said.

“Your point is?” Miryo said and they both laughed.

“I can’t wait to take Min Jeul here. I’m thinking of cleaning her room today actually.” Miryo said and Yoochun didn’t know what to say, but he had to say something.

“Why? She won’t be back soon yet.” Yoochun asked in a deep and uneasy voice.

“Chunnie don’t say that. For all we know she might be on her way here by now. I want to think positive.” Miyro said as she sat up.

“Think positive? How can we when it might take her forever before she can come back! Doctor Jackass.” Yoochun said as he cursed the doctor who wouldn’t give his consent on Min Jeul leaving America to go back to Korea. Yoochun couldn’t hold it back anymore so he let out his anger. But that was a wrong move.

“Shut up okay? I don’t want to hear it Yoochun, not now, not ever. God, calling you must’ve been a really bad idea.” Miryo said and hanged up. Yoochun got a little confused so he decided to dial her number again but she ended up taking the batteries off. Miryo went to sleep.

Yoochun tried to call several times but it said that the phone he was calling was not available. So he decided to just lay there. But obvious he can’t stand it either so he got up and was on his way out when the others noticed him wearing his coat.

“Where you going?” Changmin asked as he was eating some oatmeal with Junsu, Jaejoong and Yunho.

“The girls’ place.” Yoochun simply answered.

“Miryo?” Junsu said and Yoochun nodded his head.

“Invite them over for dinner.” Jaejoong said.

“You’re just saying that because you’re lazy to cook tonight.” Yoochun said and Jaejoong smiled with the spoon in his mouth.

Yoochun left and headed to the girls’ place and as soon as he knocked Ga-In opened the door. Ga-In was wearing a tank top and short shorts. Her hair was messy and she revealed a massive amount of skin but Yoochun didn’t seem to care.

“Yoochun oppa? What are you doing here?” Ga-In asked.

“To see Miryo of course.” Yoochun said and walked inside.

“She’s asleep. I think it’s best if we let her sleep for a while.” Ga-In said.

“I think she fell asleep because we almost started a fight earlier.” Yoochun said and it caught Ga-In’s attention.

“Really? Omo, what happened? What did you do this time?” Ga-In asked as she placed her hands on her hips accusing Yoochun.

“What? Why me? How would you know if it really was my fault?” Yoochun questioned.

“It’s usually a man’s fault why a woman feels depressed or sad. So what did you do to her? My unni?” Ga-In said still accusing. Yoochun just scoffed.

“Lame reason. Lame theory.” Yoochun said and was making his way inside Miryo’s room. As he was about to grab the doorknob Ga-In rushed in front of it and blocked it. She held onto the doorknob herself making sure Yoochun doesn’t.

“Tell me what’s wrong!” Ga-In said.

“Fine. I was talking about Min Jeul, well we were talking about her and I think I said something wrong so I need to check up on her. Let me through Ga-In I already told you.” Yoochun said and was about to reach for the doorknob when Ga-In wouldn’t let go.

“What about her?” Ga-In asked further.

“Now that part is none of your business literally. This is between the two who are in the relationship. In this case, me and Miryo and you’re not included in that relationship now are you?” Yoochun said and Ga-In was forced to let go.

Yoochun entered the room and Miryo was lying on her bed fast asleep. Yoochun sat down on her bed next to her. He was about to get all romantic but noticed that Ga-In was still peeking through the door. He stood up and walked further towards the door and grabbed the door knob pulling the door to him.

“This is only for us two. Meaning not you.” Yoochun said and closed the door on Ga-In’s face.

“Meanie.” Ga-In said as she walked away.

Yoochun went back to Miryo and sat next to her on the bed. He gazed into her beauty and wondered what would happen if he did ask Miryo’s hand in marriage? You can say he was a little jealous over Jaejoong asking Min Jeul’s hand in marriage right before him. But then again Jaejoong and Min Jeul have liked each other longer than he has with Miryo.

As the days went by, it was like a casual thing. Nothing much was going wrong and Jaejoong was still unhappy that he still wasn’t getting a chance to see Min Jeul. Jea was trying her best to grab Jaejoong’s attention but she intentionally fails. Miryo, Ga-In and Narsha keep their eye open for Jaejoong and the boys do too making sure that nothing between the two happens.

Most especially since they know how sly Jea is sometimes and how she can get away with things. Yunho has been having a bad vibe around her thinking that Jea was really the one who was following him at the amusement park back in America. He keeps staring at her when they are in one room or one place. He can’t help but stare right into her thinking if she really left America as Ricky told him.