Chapter 12: If Dreams Come True, So Does Nightmares

Wrong Number

It was as if she was being possessed or something…

Narsha ran towards Min Jeul and tried to stop what was happening to her by waking her up. But that was really hard to do. Narsha then yelled for help from the other girls and suddenly Miryo and Ga-In started to run in. They were shocked at what they saw.

“What’s going on?!” Miryo panicked

“Unnis! We need help from a doctor! We should take her to the hospital now!” Ga-In said.

“Go call an ambulance! Quick!” Miryo said and Ga-In rushed to the phone. She dialed the nearest hospital and called for an ambulance. From all the panic even Jea woke up. She stood in the hallway facing the open door to Min Jeul’s room. She saw how Narsha and Miryo were trying really hard to wake Min Jeul up from the nightmare. As she turned face front she saw Ga-In yelling and panicking over at the phone. Everything was turning to a disaster. As for Jaejoong everything seemed fine.

Jaejoong suddenly gasped as he sat up quickly from bed, waking up from the serious nightmare. He was sweating all over and panting, trying to catch his breath. Jaejoong buried his face on the palm of his hands and started to calm down his mind. At the same time Min Jeul stopped moving around and lay in bed. Miryo checked for her pulse and she was still alive. But there was no breathing happening to her. In a blink of an eye a loud bang was heard from the door. Jea went straight there and opened it up. It was a bunch of men in white outfits and rushed to Min Jeul’s room.

They kept asking questions from Miryo but she was too shocked to answer even a single one. The guys gave up on asking and gently checked for Min Jeul’s pulse. They grabbed her and carried her into the ambulance car and considering Miryo’s condition and it seemed like Narsha was still in control of herself she decided to ride along with it. Ga-In told her that they would follow. But before that she had to make Miryo calm down.

When that was over Jea woke up from all the noise.

“What’s going on?” Jea questioned in a sleepy voice.

“Min Jeul’s at the hospital and Narsha went with the ambulance that took her there. We’re leaving to follow them.” Ga-In explained.

“What happened to her?” Jea asked showing a little concern.

“We don’t know. Narsha just suddenly screamed when she got into Min Jeul’s room. When we got here she was having a hard time breathing although her eyes were still shut. She could have been dreaming from that. You don’t need to come with us if you don’t want to.” Ga-In said. As Miryo stood up slowly Ga-In was there to support her trying to get up. Jea rolled her eyes.

“Obviously I can’t say no to this right?” Jea said. She began to scratch her head and she headed over to her room to change. The two girls made their way down and Jea took five minutes to get down. Ga-In drove off and they headed to the hospital. Narsha was still sitting at one of the waiting seats outside the emergency room.

“What happened?” Miryo asked quickly.

“I don’t know. No doctor or nurse has come out from that room yet.” Narsha said. All of a sudden one of the nurses came out.

“Excuse me ma’am. What are your relations to the lady?” the nurse asked.

“We’re sort of like her family. We took her in from a home shelter.” Narsha explained.

“Okay. The doctor has ordered me to tell you that a room will be prepared for her in a private section on the second floor. The room number is 139. She’ll be sent back up there after 30 minutes which might take a while so the doctor has ordered me to tell you to wait there.” The nurse said and headed back into the emergency room.

“Let’s go.” Narsha said. They headed up the stairs and stayed quiet the whole time. Jea was getting impatient.

“Do you think it’s because of Jaejoong? Maybe she was dreaming about him.” Ga-In said and it caught Jea’s attention.

“What does she have to do with Jaejoong?” Jea asked.

“What’s been going on since I left?” Jea added.

“We’d rather not talk about it. We’d like the past to stay the way it is.” Narsha said. Jea was a little pissed at the reply. She opened the door and left and slammed it behind her.

“We should call Jaejoong.” Miryo said.

“Miryo no! That’s not a good idea. I know it might make her feel better but what if she feels better then we have to pull her away from Jaejoong again? Yunho is trying to take control of Jaejoong now so we need to respect that and at the same time it was our decision to keep them apart. We should stand right.” Narsha said.

“So what’s more important? The fact that you want to be right with keeping Jaejoong and Min Jeul apart or the fact that she could die any time because she’s apart from Jaejoong?” Miryo questioned back at Narsha. Narsha decided to stay quiet because she knew that Miryo was in the state of depression so it was better if she didn’t fight back.

After 30 minutes has passed the nurses and doctor came in the room with Min Jeul. They transferred her from the operation room bed to her normal bed inside her private room.

“She’ll be in good hands soon. She can’t leave just yet because we need to put her under observation. As of now she’s awake and fine. You may talk to her but try not to stress her out too much. That will be all, have a good night ladies.” The doctor said and left with the nurses. As soon as they left min Jeul tried to sit herself up but she couldn’t.

“Don’t force it Min Jeul.” Miryo said as she gestured slowly to lay Min Jeul back. Min Jeul sighed. She was paler than the usual and her lips were so dry. She looked really dead at this very moment.

“Unnis, I want to go home…” Min Jeul said.

“Min Jeul, trust us, we want to take you home too but the doctor said you’re still under observation which means we cannot take you home just yet. But don’t worry. As soon as we are given the go signal we’ll take you home, okay?” Miryo said as she brushed Min Jeul’s hair with her fingers. Min Jeul nodded.

“Min Jeul ah… I want to ask you something. Please don’t take it seriously or stress yourself with the question but… What were you dreaming about?” Miryo asked. Min Jeul paused and tried to retrace her steps to what she was dreaming about. As soon as she got it her blank faced look more like a scarred face.

“I was having a nightmare about Jaejoong oppa… That we were being…Separated…” Min Jeul said softly. Miryo got into thinking. She really wanted Min Jeul to stay happy but if she made Jaejoong do the happiness, things might just go haywire. But it seemed like something worth the risk.

“Do you miss him that much?” Miryo asked. Min Jeul nodded her head.

“I miss Jaejoong oppa very much. People don’t know him well like I do. Jaejoong oppa is a very nice man. He treats me equally just like everybody else. That’s something I’ve always wanted. The things I’ve wanted in life I was able to get from him. Some of my small dreams just came true in an instance when I met oppa.” Min Jeul said. Miryo was touched by what she thought of Jaejoong. Then it got her into thinking.

As soon as Min Jeul went to bed. She decided to talk about the pending request of Jaejoong. They all sat down, even Jea was there to pay attention.

“We seriously need Jaejoong back. We really do. You all heard what she said about Jaejoong. He treated her equally. He was very nice to her. What do you think? I think we should really call Jaejoong.” Miryo said deciding quickly.

“I think it’s a bad idea but at the same time I think it’s a good idea. At the moment I’m really confused.” Narsha said.

“I say go. I’ve heard what she said and its touching. If Min Jeul grew up some more she’d have a hard time trying find another Jaejoong!” Ga-In said. They all seemed to have said yes. They were working really hard for them to surprise Min Jeul. How will it turn out though?