Chapter 45: Throwing Away The Bad Memories... Making Better Memories

Wrong Number

They called the doctor and deep down inside Jaejoong wanted to scream in pain. He couldn’t believe what was happening was happening. Miryo panicked, the doctor came inside and told all of them to get out. Yoochun had to carry Miryo out and Changmin and Junsu had to push Jaejoong out of the room.

They were all outside hoping that nothing serious was happening. Jaejoong was leaning on the wall with a really depressed look on his face. He didn’t know what to do. He wanted to blame himself for what happened. Junsu saw the look on Jaejoong’s face and approached him and leaned against the wall next to Jaejoong.

“Jaejoong ah, please tell me you won’t blame yourself.” Junsu said in a whisper and Jaejoong didn’t even look up from the ground.

“Jaejoong ah, always remember that none of this is your fault. We should’ve stopped you and told you to take it easy first because of Min Jeul’s condition. This is also our fault, we weren’t thinking. Jaejoong please don’t put this onto yourself.” Junsu said.

“How can I not?” was the only response Junsu got.

After an hour the doctor came out and all of them approached him.

“What happened?” Narsha asked.

“She had a shock. But she’s fine now, maybe something surprised her or something made her worry about things that concluded her to stress about something.” The doctor said.

Jaejoong looked at the ground. The doctor said that Min Jeul was fast asleep and was resting after an hour of pain. Only Jaejoong could imagine how much that hurt. Jaejoong ran leaving the hospital building and none of them noticed. When they got inside that was the only time that they began to look for Jaejoong.

“Miryo noona…” Changmin called out and Miryo looked at him as she was leaning against Yoochun’s shoulder.

“Where’s Jaejoong hyung?” Changmin asked and they looked around noticing that he wasn’t here.

“Yoochun ah…” Miryo called out as she looked at Yoochun and Yoochun nodded his head.

Yoochun got up and decided to look for Jaejoong. He went around the hospital and after an hour of looking he went outside. He saw someone by the tree at the parking lot. He approached it as he got closer he saw that it was Jaejoong. He stood up in front of him and Jaejoong lifted his head up slowly and looked back down, Yoochun sat next to Jaejoong hoping to have a talk with him.

“Jaejoong ah…. You really have to tell me what you’re feeling right now. Because if you keep keeping it to yourself it won’t do you any good and it’ll just make you feel bad.” Yoochun said. And there was no response from Jaejoong.

Jaejoong doesn’t have any idea on how he was going to explain to Yoochun how he was feeling right now. He had every single bad feeling a person can have. He mad, sad, angry, depressed, stressed and so on and on the list doesn’t end.

“You love Miryo, you would know how I feel right now.” Jaejoong said.

“I know that Min Jeul hasn’t answered me yet but it feels as if I got rejected even if I know she won’t say no. I couldn’t even speak or do anything earlier. It just proves how I can’t take care of Min Jeul all by myself. I’m not capable to handle her alone and I don’t think I fit to be with her.” Jaejoong said and Yoochun just chuckled.

“You’re talking nonsense….” Yoochun said as he was slowly shaking his head. Jaejoong looked at him with a curious or maybe an angry face and Yoochun looked back at him.

“You must be insane right? Don’t you remember the things you did with her before?” Yoochun said and there was no response from Jaejoong.

“You ran away with her or kidnapped her and then you kept walking and walking when you lost her. You kept walking trying to find her and you did eventually. If we called the police and ordered a missing person it would take them a day to find her but you only took a couple of hours. How are you not capable of taking care of her?” Yoochun said reminiscing to the past.

“Let’s see… You were in the hospital not to long ago and you were able to fight back through your stress even when you were still thinking of Min Jeul. Your situation right now, if I was in it I wouldn’t be able to handle it. Even if I was the hulk or the strongest man alive I doubt I can take it.” Yoochun continued and Jaejoong was just staring at the ground.

“You’ve done a lot of stuff. You’ve experienced a lot of bull in your life too. And yet your still here standing and you don’t see quite problematic as to others who tend to exaggerate about their situation that seems so simple. It’s as if I throw a knife and it stabs directly at your heart you’ll still be alive despite the pain you feel. Do you get what I’m trying to tell you Jaejoong?” Yoochun said as he looked at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong just continued to look at Yoochun.

“Never ever say that you aren’t capable of anything without trying to look at the things you’ve done. Now come on, I’m tired and hungry. I bet they have food up there and with Changmin around there might not be any left for us. And I’m sure Min Jeul will look for you as soon as she wakes up.” Yoochun said as he looked at Jaejoong dragging him up.

The two headed back to the room and Yoochun was actually right. There was food, chicken! Changmin was muching on two drumsticks at the same time and Ga-In kept nagging him about it but Changmin ignored. Narsha kept laughing at the two and so did Ricky. Miryo smiled as she saw Jaejoong and Yoochun standing there.

“Hyung! Where have you been?!” Changmin said with food in his mouth.

“Changmin ah! The food is falling onto my face!” Ga-In complained.

“Whatever!” Changmin said and one of the chicken’s skin fell onto Ga-In.

“Changmin!” Ga-In yelled.

The morning has come and everyone in the hospital was asleep. Changmin and Ga-In fell asleep on the couch snuggled up. Ricky was on the other lounging chair. Yoochun and Miryo were out and bought food. Narsha and Junsu were asleep on the other extra bed. Jaejoong was on the chair right next to Min Jeul holding onto her hand tightly.

Min Jeul slowly opened her eyes and saw that there was daylight already. She looked around and saw that everyone was asleep. She saw Jaejoong who was sleeping like an angel. She looked at her hand which was attached to Jaejoong’s. There was a ring in her finger. She remembered everything from last night and she began to cry. The sound of her crying woke Jaejoong up.

“Min Jeul ah…” Jaejoong called out in a whisper wondering why she was crying.

“Shh…” Jaejoong said as he leaned closer to her and hugged her.

“Why are you crying?” Jaejoong asked and she looked at the ring. Jaejoong smiled and was hoping nothing bad will happen to her.

“I’m sorry if I made you worry oppa.” Min Jeul said talking about what happened last night.

“It’s alright. You’re fine now and it was just a shock.” Jaejoong said.

“Will you ask me one more time oppa, please?” Min Jeul said talking about Jaejoong proposing to her the night before and Jaejoong nodded his head.

“Min Jeul… Will you please marry me?” Jaejoong repeated himself and Min Jeul cried even more.

She nodded her head as an answer of yes and Jaejoong began to cry too. He kissed her hand and then leaned forward to kiss her for a long time. That kiss broke when Yoochun and Miryo walked into the two of them crying. Jaejoong began to wipe away his tears.

“What’s going on?” Miryo asked. She approached the window curtains and opened it up.

The bright light woke up everyone and they began to groan and complain and whine and stuff. Changmin and Ga-In looked at each other still in their snuggling position. Changmin pushed off Ga-In making her fall off to the ground.

“Ya! Be more careful Changmin!” Ga-In said as she yelled at him.

“Not my fault you were all over me!” Changmin said.

“All over you? In your dreams!” Ga-In said, and all of them began to laugh.

“So why are the two of you crying?” Yoochun asked as he looked at Jaejoong and Min Jeul who were wiping their tears away. Min Jeul was wiping her tears and the bright light from the sun flashed towards the diamond on her engagement ring from Jaejoong and they knew it. Ga-In saw it too and squealed.

“Omo! No way!” Ga-In said as she got up from the floor and ran towards Min Jeul.

“Ah! It’s so pretty!” Ga-In said as she looked closely at the ring. Ga-In pouted and Narsha took a look at it.

“I want one too….” Ga-In said softly.

“Wow, this must’ve been expensive.” Narsha said observing the ring.

“Yeah it was… You wouldn’t want to know the price.” Junsu said.

“So when?” Narsha asked as she looked at Min Jeul and Jaejoong.

“Well you don’t expect it to be now right? Min Jeul can’t leave the hospital until this week ends.” Miryo said.

“Why don’t we plan it while we’re here?” Ga-In suggested.

“That might make Min Jeul too excited, we can’t make her too excited something bad might happen to her. You know her heart’s condition.” Miryo said and Ga-In nodded making a bloated face.

“Jaejoong hyung is getting married!” Changmin said out loud.

“Yeah… Min Jeul ah you have to make us your bridesmaid okay?” Narsha said and Min Jeul nodded her head.

“Miryo unni should be your maid of honor. She’s been looking out for you for years now.” Ga-In said as she looked at Miryo who was smiling brightly.

“It’s been a while since you smiled like that Miryo.” Narsha said.

“There was nothing I could smile about before.” Miryo said.

“What about you and Yoochun hyung? When do the two of you intend to get married?” Changmin asked and Yoochun coughed and so did Miryo.

“That was a very stupid question Changmin.” Ga-In said.

“Oh really? How was that stupid?” Changmin asked arguing with Ga-In said.

“Okay okay! Shush! Let’s keep it quiet you two, I don’t want to hear another one of your stupid comments to each other.” Narsha said.

“Ya, you two are always fighting, how come?” Miryo asked as she crossed her arms.

“Because Changmin is such an idiot.” Ga-In backfired and Changmin just showed his tongue.

“Really childish the two of you.” Miryo said and Min Jeul giggled at the fight the two were having.

The day went by and everyday Jaejoong and Min Jeul felt so excited to get married. Even if Min Jeul wasn’t in the completely right age it didn’t really matter now did it? The days went by and day by day Min Jeul was slowly recovering but sometimes there were problems towards her health. Another operation was held and it was the final one. The doctor said if it doesn’t help her… then he has no choice but to do the other option.

It has been practically 3 weeks since the proposal and the operation on Min Jeul. Things seemed really okay and finally it was time for Min Jeul’s release out of the hospital. Everybody was packing up the things they had inside the hospital and Yoochun and Miryo were in the information desk paying for the hospital bills they had to pay. Knowing they’ve been there for a month or so… The bill was a total shocker.

“WHAT?!?!” Yoochun was shocked at how much they owed the hospital.

“Is this real Miryo?” Yoochun calmed down a bit showing her the bill.

“350,000 dollars? That’s like 150,000 more than the engagement ring Jaejoong bought for Min Jeul.” Yoochun said.

“Omo, 200,000 dollars is how much Min Jeul’s ring costs?” Miryo asked a little shocked and Yoochun nodded his head while pouting.

“You better get me a more expensive ring if you want me to say yes to you.” Miryo said and that choked Yoochun making him cough in front of the women who was just snickering at what Miryo said.

They paid for the hospital bills and caught up with the others at the lobby with Min Jeul on the wheelchair. They headed outsides and got Min Jeul inside the care safely along with the things and drove back home. Jaejoong decided to carry Min Jeul, bridal style, onto her room.

“They’re not even married yet and he carries her like that. It’s so cute!” Ga-In said and then she faced Changmin with her arms spread.

“What?” Changmin asked.

“Carry me like that!” Ga-In demanded in a whiney voice.

“Why should I? You hate me remember?” Changmin said as he threw that at Ga-In’s face. Ga-In chased after him and started hitting him on the back and the two continued to argue again.

“Aish! Would you two stop fighting for once?!” Junsu scolded the two of them trying to make them stop.

In Min Jeul’s room, she was safe and she felt completely comfortable on the soft bed. Jaejoong and Min Jeul were snuggling on the bed. Min Jeul felt happy, everything was going back to normal and was even better than before. Jaejoong and her are soon to get married and she’s recovering perfectly. She can’t imagine what can ruin this.

The days went on and Min Jeul was getting better and better. She was eating healthy and a week after she was ready to head back to Seoul. Except the others weren’t quite sure if she was ready to go yet. Knowing that Jea might do something again.

“Eh… Should we take her back to Seoul now? I don’t think she’s quite ready yet.” Junsu said.

“And what if the press finds her and Jaejoong together? What will they say? I can only imagine.” Narsha said as she buried her face onto the couch’s seat.

“Well it’s not like the Cassiopeians will hate her, they’ll surely be happy for Jaejoong right?” Miryo said.

“Well maybe, depends.” Yoochun said.

“You’re making all your fans look bad.” Miryo retorted.

“It’s not that, it’s just that. We denied it before and we know how others can be. They’ll probably dig down onto Min Jeul’s history and find out things about her. What if our antis try to get her?” Yoochun said.

“Don’t worry she’ll be fine.” Miryo said.

“Who will be fine?” Min Jeul asked as she and Jaejoong were entering the living room. They both sat on the couch together and wanted to know what everyone was talking about.

“You.” Yoochun simply replied.

“Me? Why? What about me?” Min Jeul asked.

“We were thinking of taking you back to Korea. You can continue to study there instead.” Miryo said.

“Really?!” Min Jeul asked really happy.

“You really want to go back don’t you?” Narsha asked with a smile on her face and Min Jeul simply nodded her head.