Chapter 25: The Risks

Wrong Number
That night was finally the night Jaejoong would leave with Narsha to head to America to see Min Jeul. He felt a deep excitement inside of him. He was so excited to finally see Min Jeul and have the possibility of hugging her again. He went to the airport as told, an hour earlier than Narsha. To his shock someone unexpected was there.

“Jaejoong what are you doing here at the airport?” someone asked and Jaejoong turned to his side and he was shocked to see Changmin, the maknae of their group.

“Cha-Changmin? What are you doing here?” Jaejoong asked.

“Hyung, that’s unfair, I asked first now please answer me.” Changmin said. Jaejoong sighed and looked down.

Plan foiled by the youngest one… So typical…

Jaejoong thought, dreams just crushed in an hour before leaving.

“Well, if you want to know I might as well tell you since I don’t think it’ll happen anymore.” Jaejoong said getting the younger yet taller boy confused.

“I was going to leave the country to head to America to go after Min Jeul.” Jaejoong said.

“Are you insane hyung? Have you been taking your meds today?” Changmin asked being all sarcastic and funny.

“Don’t make fun of me cause it’s not funny and stop being such an .” Jaejoong said as he got annoyed with Changmin’s words.

“I’m just saying, do you want to get in trouble? If Junsu and Yoochun hyung found out they would get mad. What more if Yunho hyung found out? And if you head to America and he sees you for sure he’ll want to kill you there even in front of Min Jeul.” Changmin said and the name Min Jeul just banged into Jaejoong’s head and it hit his heart. Changmin saw the expression on his hyung’s face.

“Hyung, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to say it. I was only worried about you.” Changmin said softly.

“It’s okay. Just don’t tell the others about it okay?” Jaejoong asked and Changmin nodded his head.

“Okay now it’s my turn, tell me why you’re here.” Jaejoong asked and Changmin swallowed in a huge gulp.

“Well hyung… You see I… Umm…” Changmin said with stutters and the feeling of a nerve breaking down. He bit his lip and began to scratch his head.

“Fine fine, don’t force it out if you don’t want to you look stupid.” Jaejoong said.

“Hyung… How bad do you want to see Min Jeul?” Changmin asked while looking down on the floor from where they were sitting.

“Really bad… I can’t stop thinking about her especially now that I know she doesn’t remember me.” Jaejoong said. The expression on his face was killing Changmin. He wants to let his hyung just go ahead and go to America with Narsha because he thinks it’ll make him happy but at the same time he doesn’t want his three other hyungs to kill him. But then again, it’s not like they’ll know that he knows.

“Hyung go ahead.” Changmin said as he stood up. Jaejoong looked up from the ground and face the young boy’s face.

“What?” Jaejoong said not really understanding what Changmin meant. No, Jaejoong is not retarded.

“Go to America. I won’t tell Junsu hyung or Yoochun hyung. I promise, I won’t. I now sort of understand how you feel. I won’t stop you. Just as long as you won’t point fingers when something wrong happens.” Changmin said and Jaejoong chuckled and let out a huge smile. He stood up and hugged the boy.

“Thank you so much Changmin.” Jaejoong said as he let go of the hug.

Changmin stayed for a couple of more minutes then left with a man whom Jaejoong didn’t know. An hour has passed and finally Jaejoong spotted Narsha. He saw her get down from the van and the driver gets her things from the back. When the two other girls, being Miryo and Ga-In, came down from the van he hid himself with his hood up and his shades on.

Narsha bid farewell to her friends and went straight inside. Jaejoong followed inside. Narsha was turning her head from side to side looking for Jaejoong and all of a sudden someone taps her shoulder from behind.

“There you are, where have you been? I thought I told you to wait for me.” Narsha said a little angry.

“I did, I was outside.” Jaejoong said. Narsha let out a deep breath.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In America, Mr. and Mrs. Park were having dinner along with their other son Ricky and Min Jeul and of course Yunho.

“How long will you be staying?” Mrs. Park asked.

“I’m not sure how long, I suppose only a week.” Yunho said.

“Aw, oppa please stay for a long time! A month! No, a year!” Min Jeul said acting childish as always as she grabbed Yunho’s arm and hugged it. All of them chuckled and Yunho turned to Min Jeul. His smile faded away as he looked down on the girl and saw Min Jeul’s beautiful face. The same face Jaejoong always sees. Yunho then turned back to his food and tried to shake it off.

Whatever you are thinking Yunho, don’t! It’s not a good thing, you’re doing this for your best friend Jaejoong and also because you want to help your other friend and who’s a younger sister figure to you who happens to be Min Jeul. Relax, don’t think about it and just do what you were suppose to do in the first place.

Yunho went back to eating and made a fake laugh to set the mood back up. That night everyone else went to bed and Min Jeul was still up. Yunho couldn’t sleep so he decided to watch some T.V. in the guest room he was staying at. Min Jeul went down from her bed and went to Yunho. She stood by the front door a little shaky. She knocked on the door soft. She had to knock again since it seemed like Yunho didn’t hear her.

“Come in.” Yunho said.

“Yunho oppa…” Min Jeul said as she slowly opened the door and let herself in.

“Ah, Min Jeul, why are you still awake? It’s really late.” Yunho said looking at the clock. It was already 1:38 in the morning.

“I couldn’t sleep.” Min Jeul said. She then slowly walked near Yunho and sat on his bed.

“I heard that Narsha unni will be visiting too.” Min Jeul said.

“Yeah, Mrs. Park told me. I guess she’s already here, I just don’t know. But she’ll be staying in a hotel and she’ll only be here for three days.” Yunho said. Min Jeul looked at Yunho and she had a feeling she was about to blush so she looked down.

“What’s wrong?” Yunho asked as he looked on the girl trying to catch a glimpse of her face but he couldn’t.

“No-nothing…” Min Jeul said as she tried to stop her blushing but of course she couldn’t do that now.

“It can’t be nothing.” Yunho said. He then placed his finger on her chin and lifted her head gently. He saw how cutely Min Jeul was blushing. She saw how the red was showing onto her originally fare, smooth and soft skin. Yunho let in a gulp. He just couldn’t stop staring at Min Jeul. That little effect happened to Jaejoong the first time he saw her, except she was never blushing like this but was in pain that time. Yunho couldn’t take it anymore.

Jung Yunho, don’t you even think about it. Don’t you even dare! Don’t you even dare!

Yunho kept chanting onto his mind… But… That didn’t work and he fell into planting a kiss on the young girl’s soft, warm lips.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong and Narsha were already in America, the plane ride gave Jaejoong a huge headache that before they can even leave the airport he vomited several times. Even on the plane he did. When they arrived at their hotel, they went into their separate rooms and Jaejoong vomited one more time, still feeling a little dizzy. After that he washed his face and looked towards the mirror.

Just a few more hours… And I’ll get to see her… Finally…

Jaejoong thought. After that a knock was heard from the door. He walked towards the door as he was drying his face with a small towel. He opened it and it was Narsha holding a bottle of medicine and some water.

“I went down to the receptionist and asked for this. It’ll help you with your sicknesses. Well, your vomiting ones.” Narsha said. She then hit Jaejoong as she let herself in. She placed the medicine on the end table next to the bed. She then sat on the couch across the bed.

“So what now?” Jaejoong asked her.

“Well we can’t just go there right now it’s really late you know. I’ll drop by tomorrow and I’ll try to take her with me alone, maybe go to the park instead. Somewhere where there aren’t that much people. The mall is too risky, for all we know Yunho might end up trying to follow me.” Narsha said.

“Why would he want to follow you?” Jaejoong asked.

“Well duh, he’s U-Know Sneaky Nose Yunho.” Narsha said and Jaejoong laughed. Narsha smiled at the sight of seeing a friend laugh once more after a long time of seeing a frown. Narsha left the room after a little fun conversation and then went to sleep.

As the night flew by there was absolutely no doubt that Jaejoong had a dream about Min Jeul again. This time he had a smile all over his face while having the dream. His dreams weren’t special nor were they typical. Well, maybe they were typical. Just a simple dream of seeing Min Jeul’s face over and over again and it being framed by flowers of different kinds like roses, sunflowers, dandelions and so on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Korea, it was in the afternoon and Ga-In and Miryo were the only two in their house. They were in the living room just staring at the flower vase, that has no flowers at all, that was on top of the coffee table.

“Tell me the truth, do you have a thing for Yoochun?” Ga-In said.

“I do not! Stop saying I have a crush on him or whatever! I do not and neither will I ever even think of having him as a boyfriend!” Miryo said as she stood up from the couch and yelled back at Ga-In. Ga-In didn’t maid.

“Tsk tsk… In denial…” Ga-In said as she swayed her finger from side to side. Miryo decided to shut instead and she sat back down.

“See, why are you giving up so easily? Don’t you want to defend yourself some more? Say that you don’t like Yoochun or that you don’t have a thing for Yoochun?” Ga-In said teasing Miryo more and more until the limit and Miryo decided to just bite her lip. At this point she wanted to smack Ga-In’s face really bad.

“Well, you know…. Since you say you don’t have a thing for Yoochun… Would it be alright if…” Ga-In said walking behind Miryo’s seat. She grabbed onto the back of the couch and leaned forward to Miryo’s ears.

“If I made a move on him?” Ga-In whispered to her ears and Miryo stood up once more.

“Don’t you dare touch Yoochun!” she yelled and then she covered quickly as if she slapped . Ga-In pointed her finger at Miryo.

“Aha! I knew it! You do like Yoochun oppa! Oh! This is exciting!” Ga-In said.

“No I don’t! I already told you that!” Miryo said and she walked briskly towards the kitchen to get a glass of water. Ga-In followed her to the other room.

“Ya, don’t lie. Then what was that whole ‘Don’t you dare touch Yoochun’ thing?” Ga-In asked with a huge grin on her face.

“Whatever!” Miryo said and Ga-In just laughed at the thought of them being together.