Chapter 30: Breaking Point

Wrong Number

An hour has passed since dinner time and Min Jeul was feeling really sick. She didn’t get why but she was just whimpering in her room in pain. As Yunho was about to head to his room he heard her whimpering voice over the slightly opened door. He peaked a little and saw Min Jeul on the bed crawled up holding her stomach and crying in pain.

Yunho quickly busted the door open and went near Min Jeul.

“Are you okay? What’s wrong? Tell me! Does your stomach hurt? What happened? Min Jeul tell me please!” Yunho was panicking.

“Oppa I can’t breathe properly and I feel like someone’s punching me.” Min Jeul said and Yunho quickly carried her up. He ran outside and caught up with Ricky and his parents.

“What’s wrong?” Ricky asked.

“I don’t know.” Yunho said and they all went out and headed to the hospital.

On the way there Yunho couldn’t help but suddenly feel guilty. He doesn’t know what’s happening and whatever it is he’s hoping it won’t be anything bad. He’s hoping that it’s not going to be it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jaejoong was finally resting. He had an oxygen mask through his face. Changmin’s tears dried out but Ga-In was still in tears. She couldn’t believe what was happening and she felt so bad for Jaejoong that she felt his pain too. Yoochun just sat on the couch staring at Jaejoong and Junsu was outside with Miryo talking to the doctor.

Yoochun’s phone suddenly rings.

“Hello?” Yoochun answered in a very stressed out tone.

“Are you okay Chunnie?” it was his mom.

“Ma, I’m sorry. I’m just tired.” Yoochun said.

“Don’t be sorry about anything.” His mom said.

“Why’d you call all of a sudden?” Yoochun asked still tired and still in a lazy tone.

“Something bad happened to Min Jeul, we are at the hospital right now.” His mom said and Yoochun suddenly woke up from being tired. He got up and this caught Changmin and Ga-In’s attention. They turned to see his shocked face.

“Well, what happened?” Yoochun asked.

“We don’t know yet, we’re just about to find out later. I hope everything is fine there.” Mrs. Park said.

“You’re wrong, everything is sort of the same here but probably worst than there. I got into a fight with Jaejoong earlier and I guess from all the stress he was getting he suddenly out. We’re at the hospital right now. Miryo and Junsu are talking to the doctor outside.” Yoochun said.

“Just pray for him to get better. I need to go now, I’ll call again later with more news.” Mrs. Park said and hanged up.

“Who was that?” Ga-In asked not remembering that he said Ma

“My mom. Min Jeul is in the hospital.” Yoochun said and like on cue Junsu and Miryo walked in.

“Min Jeul’s in the hospital again? What happened? Is she alright?” Miryo asked panicking.

“Don’t panic, relax Miryo. She said she’ll call later to tell us what’s wrong.” Yoochun said and Miryo couldn’t sigh in relief.

“So what did the doctor say?” Changmin asked.

“The blackout was from all the stress he’s been getting lately. The doctor said he’ll be fine, just needs tons and tons of rest. I also told him about our situation and the doctor mentioned that him thinking too negatively has affected and supported his stress feeling. He’ll be fine in a couple of days.” Miryo answered.

“The doctor said we can take him home tomorrow in the morning and he can continue resting at home.” Junsu said.

“Well that’s good. I don’t think this should go out on the media.” Ga-In said and all of them nodded.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor finally came out.

“I asked the nurses to take her to the private room. I would have taken her to the ward but a private room is more appropriate for her. It’s the same as before.” The doctor said. This doctor was the same doctor that took care of Min Jeul when she first came to America with Yoochun and Miryo.

“So, it hasn’t disappeared?” Mr. Park asked.

“Not yet.” The doctor replied.

“Then what happened now? Is it worse?” Ricky asked.

“There seems to be something happening inside her stomach. But we need to give it two weeks of observation before we can do further tests because we wouldn’t want to rush. Something wrong might happen. I would do the normal thing and suggest you to take her home tomorrow or tell you that she can leave first thing in the morning but monitoring her in the hospital is a lot easier and a little less of a burden to you people.” The doctor said.

“We understand.” Mrs. Park said. They were all walking towards Min Jeul’s room along with the nurse and Yunho couldn’t stop thinking about Jaejoong. Just at that moment Mrs. Park popped out the topic about Jaejoong being in the hospital.

“He is? What did Yoochun say? Is he alright?” Yunho asked.

“When I hanged up he said that Miryo and Junsu were talking to the doctor. I’m going to call him right now and ask him how he’s doing and at the same time I’ll update him about Min Jeul.” Mrs. Park said.

“Umm, is it okay if I do that instead?” Yunho said as they stopped at room 304.

“Sure. Tell him I said hi.” Mrs. Park said and handed her phone to Yunho. They all entered the room except for Yunho. He quickly searched for Yoochun’s number and called it.

“Hello?” Yoochun finally answered.

“It’s Yunho.” Yunho replied.

“Oh, hey. So I guess you already know about Jaejoong.” Yoochun said.

“Yeah, are you alone?” Yunho asked.

“I’m outside of the hospital. What did the doctor say about Min Jeul? Anything yet?” Yoochun asked.

“He said that it was the same thing. I guess you know that since you were with her when she got into the hospital here during her first day.” Yunho said.

“Guess it hasn’t gone away yet.” Yoochun said.

“The doctor wants to keep her in the hospital. We don’t know how long yet but he said it’s better to monitor her here than at home. Because at least here she’ll be treated quickly as soon as the doctor finds out what’s wrong. He said something’s happening to her stomach. I just hope it’s not… you know…” Yunho said.

“It’s only been a couple of days since that happened. A fetus popping out in her stomach will take a while before you can see one.” Yoochun said.

“And you know this how?” Yunho teased.

“Shut up!” Yoochun said.

“Okay okay, don’t need to be angry. So how’s Jaejoong?” Yunho asked.

“The blackout was from stress and negative thinking. The doctor told Miryo and Junsu that him thinking negatively supported the stress he was feeling causing him to just suddenly blackout. I guess it should have been expected. It’s been like months already. Jaejoong can’t stand the feeling of not seeing Min Jeul. Especially now that he knows that she doesn’t even remember him.” Yoochun said.

“Well as long as it he doesn’t know.” Yunho said.

“That’s what it was about.” Yoochun said.

“Huh? What do you mean?” Yunho asked a little confused.

“You see, earlier we fought. I forgot to shut the computer off last night again and I guess he saw the whole conversation. That probably added to all the stress and the yelling from earlier was just to the top of it making him blackout. I feel very guilty about it. I do want to tell him but he doesn’t believe it. And even if he did he didn’t think it was a good idea. Neither was telling him right away a good idea.” Yoochun said.

“Yeah… But what now? I don’t know how I’ll face him. I don’t want him to start a fight with me. And neither do I want to try and stay away from him when we live under the same roof and we are in the same group. How can we participate properly and comfortable in our Dong Bang Shin Ki activities?” Yunho said.

The problem was arising once more. Like before, it just doesn’t really end. It’s like they’re all problem magnets that just won’t budge off or get away. Aside from the fact that it’s already hard to bear, it’s even harder to deal with. Yunho was in the midst of destroying his long time friendship with Jaejoong and as well as probably breaking his heart at it too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as their phone call ended Yoochun told Miryo about everything. Miryo being the strong woman she was she held her tears back and just stayed strong. Yoochun and Miryo were at the rooftop trying to get some fresh air. The two of them were the basis of this all. They knew what was happening and they were thinking of all the problems and carrying them on their backs. They were carrying their own heavy cross.

“What now? I’m getting really tired of having to think of solutions. I’m so stressed out I don’t want what’s happening to Jae happen to me. I don’t want to, especially not now, not now when Min Jeul needs me.” Miryo said as she tried to cover herself from the cold breeze at the rooftop. Yoochun hugged her from behind. No they aren’t dating….yet…

“Relax, all of us are here to help you. Changmin, Junsu, Ga-In and even I’m here.” Yoochun said.

“What about Narsha?” Miryo asked as she looked up at Yoochun.

Yoochun then told her everything. Miryo wanted to go to their house and kill Narsha with her bare hands but she was too tired to. She decided to stay on the rooftop along with Yoochun and enjoy the cold fresh breeze of the air.

Downstairs on the other hand, Narsha was already on her way up to Jaejoong’s room. As she got there she saw Changmin who was asleep on the couch next to Ga-In and on the lounging chair was Junsu snoring. She saw Jaejoong with that oxygen mask on. She felt really bad it stung her as she entered.

“Jaejoong…” Narsha said softly and quietly as she closed the door slowly behind her. She slowly approached his bed and brushed her fingers through his hair.

“I promised all your sisters that I would protect you from harm and I promised them that I would take care of you and be your big sister just like them. But apparently I see now I am failing. I’m sorry.” Narsha said. Junsu slowly woke up and saw Narsha. He sat up properly.

“Ah, Narsha noona. You’re here. Did Miryo call you or something?” Junsu said as he yawned and stretched out.

“No, I went to your house and the cleaners said that you guys headed to the hospital.” Narsha said as she leaned on the wall next to the chair Junsu was sitting on. Junsu stood up and approached Jaejoong’s bed. Narsha followed.

“I feel bad. I know I didn’t do anything wrong but I just feel really bad. I don’t like seeing him like this. I know he seems like the fragile type but he’s the funny one too. He’s usually the one that nags us. Especially when we leave the littlest of litters on the ground. He’d nag all of a sudden even if you know that he was never behind you.” Junsu said.

“Yeah…” Narsha said.

Seconds later Miryo and Yoochun got inside. They stopped as Narsha and Junsu turned. When Miryo and Yoochun saw Narsha they wanted to rage in fire and slap her. Well… Miryo wanted to slap her… Yoochun was thinking of something else.

“You’re… Here…” Miryo said and walked in. Yoochun followed and locked the door.

“Yeah… the cleaners told me…” Narsha said and turned back to Jaejoong.

Miryo looked at Yoochun and he mouthed for her to relax.

“Miryo. When you went to America what happened there? You know, you never told us anymore.” Yoochun said.

“Yeah noona, you never told us anymore.” Junsu said.

“Uh.. I’ve just been tired recently. I got an extreme jet lag from the flight back here. But anyway, I feel a little fine now. Everything went swell. It was nice seeing Min Jeul once more.” Narsha said trying to calm herself and not show even the slightest of nervousness to the three.

“Did you see some old friends?” Miryo asked.

Narsha then suddenly thought about things.

Does she know about Jaejoong being with me? Did Jaejoong say anything? What’s going on? Why am I being interrogated or at least why do I feel like it?

Miryo walked closer to Narsha with her fists clenched tight. When Yoochun saw it he quickly grabbed Miryo’s wrist and pulled her back onto him.

“What are you doing? Relax, I’ll take care of her please. Don’t start another scene, you’re already stressed out.” Yoochun whispered.

“Fine…” Miryo whispered back. Yoochun approached Narsha.

“Narsha, can we talk outside? Real quick? It’s important.” Yoochun asked and Narsha walked outside and Yoochun followed.

Outside Yoochun closed the door behind them. They moved to the other side so the others wouldn’t hear their conversation.

“We know you took Jaejoong with you to America. At least only me and Miryo know.” Yoochun said.

“Yunho I’m guessing. He knew.” Narsha said as she crossed her arms. She didn’t even show some slight fear. She must’ve been prepared for this. But the consequences? Is she prepared?


“Why are you not afraid? Aren’t you scared that we’d all hate you? Like how we hate Jea?” Yoochun asked.

“I’m not. Because what I did was for Jaejoong’s sake and that was it. I don’t think I did anything wrong.” Narsha said.

“You see, you are already wrong there… Three times at it too!” Yoochun said pointing it out.

“You’re wrong for saying that you did nothing wrong cause you did. Two of them too. You’re also wrong for betraying us, not telling us what you were planning. You’re also wrong for not telling us as soon as possible too.” Yoochun said. Narsha tried to ignore his guilt trips.

“Narsha, aren’t you feeling guilty at all? We here all feel guilty. We know that the things we did are completely wrong and we know that clearly and we feel guilty. We feel the heavy guilt. Miryo feels like she’s carrying everything on her back and I feel really bad for her because it’s not good for her.” Yoochun said.

“Then why blame everything on me then? Why are you blaming me huh? Why am I the only one you’re talking to? Is it because it just happened recently? At least I tried to make Jaejoong happy! If only you were there when I saw the beautiful smile on his face! Where were all of you when that happened?” Narsha said. She tried her best not to yell especially in public.

“Where were we? We were trying to plan so hard for Min Jeul to remember Jaejoong without hurting her. You don’t know the risk you took when you sneaked in Jaejoong with you to America without telling us! We were also worried to know where Jaejoong has been for those past few days.” Yoochun said.

“I know what I did was right and I’m sticking to my point of view! If you think it’s wrong then be it! Please don’t ever bring it up anymore!” Narsha said. She grabbed the handle of the doorknob.

“Wait…” Yoochun called out her attention and she just had her hand on the doorknob.

“I warn you to be careful. You’re already an enemy to Miryo. It may seem like a minor thing but if I didn’t pull her back earlier while you were looking at Jaejoong she could have pulverized you.” Yoochun said and Narsha felt a little scared now.

 

==============================================================================

 

COMMENTS ARE LOVE <3