Chapter 24: The Help

Wrong Number

10:30 a.m.

“Ya, is he such a baby that he can’t go to the airport alone?” Ga-In complained. Apparently she was just forced to wake up and get up from bed because they were going to take Yunho to the airport and say goodbye in replacement for the other members who were so busy.

“Stop complaining. For sure we’ll all miss Yunho. And besides, the others weren’t here so it’s the least we can do as his friends.” Narsha said.

“Thanks for coming. I’ll see you guys again soon. I don’t think I’ll stay that long.” Yunho said.

“Well, just make sure you don’t mess anything up. I don’t want her coming back here saying things that she shouldn’t say.” Miryo said.

“What do you mean?” Yunho asked.

“Nothing… Never mind…” Miryo said as she looked down.

“Well, see you soon again oppa.” Ga-In said as she gave him a hug. Narsha did too and was followed by Miryo. They all waved goodbye as he got inside the airport.

It took longer than the usual for Yunho to finally arrive there. As he got there he settled everything at the airport and went outside. He stood there for a couple of minutes waiting for a cab and it finally arrived. It dropped him off Yoochun’s place. He rang the doorbell and Ricky answered it.

“Oh, Yunho. Come in.” Ricky said as he let Yunho in while grabbing his bag.

“Your room’s downstairs. Come on.” Ricky said and brought him there.

“How’s Min Jeul?” Yunho asked.

“She’s upstairs if you’re looking for her. She’s just watching some T.V. there. If you’re hungry don’t hesitate to check if there’s some food okay? This home is your home too.” Ricky said and left. Yunho unpacked his things before heading upstairs to Min Jeul. He knocked on the door and Min Jeul yelled out to come in.

Yunho took a deep breath and slowly entered the room. Min Jeul was a little too occupied with the T.V. that she didn’t even look at her side to see who entered. She was busy watching and Yunho just stood there. She finally realized that the person wasn’t moving so she turned to her side and her eyes grew at the sight Yunho. A smile formed from and Yunho smiled back and gave a small wave.

“Yunho oppa!” Min Jeul said as she got up from her bed and hugged Yunho tight with a big smile on her face. Yunho didn’t quite know if he should smile or not. He hugged back and she finally let go.

“Yunho oppa, why didn’t I know you were coming?” Min Jeul asked as she grabbed his hand and they both sat on her bed.

“I wanted it to be a surprise. How are you feeling now?” Yunho asked.

“Ah that, I’m feeling fine oppa. I feel a little better now since I’m not at the hospital anymore. It’s really gloomy there especially when Miryo unni and Yoochun oppa left. It’s a good thing that you’re here. I’ve wanted to see you ever since my accident.” Min Jeul said and Yunho smiled at what he said. But he knew he was there for another reason and that wasn’t to make Min Jeul like him or anything.

“Do you want to take a walk outside? Go somewhere? I think it would be good for you too.” Yunho asked.

“But the doctor said I couldn’t.” Min Jeul said and Yunho placed his finger on his lip.

“It’ll be a secret. Besides, Yoochun’s parents are not around and Ricky is busy playing.” Yunho said as he stood up and grabbed the innocent girl’s hand. They left the house and took a walk at the park. The place Min Jeul often heads to.

“Um, Min Jeul. Who are the people you remember exactly? And what do you remember about them?” Yunho asked.

“Um…. Let’s see…” Min Jeul said as she began to think.

“I remember you of course oppa, you’re a very nice person, you’re loving and very caring. There’s Yoochun oppa who seems to have a little crush over Miryo unni. Miryo unni is like a mother to me. Changmin oppa is always eating with me. Junsu oppa is a very nice person and he’s responsible for whatever happens to Changmin oppa. Narsha unni is always helping me pick really good clothing because she has a really great fashion sense and Ga-In unni and I are always talking about girl things. And there’s this one more person but I just can’t put my finger on that person. I can’t seem to remember who it is.” Min Jeul said.

When she said that it caught Yunho’s complete attention. He began to think. ‘

Could that be Jaejoong? Maybe it is.

“Min Jeul, do you remember the time when we met at the park? The very first time Yoochun, Junsu, Changmin and I saw you?” Yunho asked and the girl nodded her head.

Maybe it is Jaejoong.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back in Korea Jaejoong is still depressed. He was alone in their room sitting on the bed thinking about Min Jeul non-stop. He didn’t know what to do.

For sure Yunho is spending some time with her. What could they be talking about anyway?

Jaejoong thought. The pain and the curiosity was killing him to the limit. He really wanted to see and feel Min Jeul. He wanted to see her and talk to her so badly. If there was no choice he wanted to be the one to let Min Jeul remember him. A knock was heard from their door. He went over and looked through the peephole and it was Narsha. He opened the door.

“Nobody except me is here. Yoochun is still out and so is Changmin and Junsu. None of your girlfriends are here either.” Jaejoong said being a little too bitter.

“Bitter much? I came here for you not them. And yeah I know they aren’t here because I was with them the whole day you goofball.” Narsha said being a little bitter back. She pushed Jaejoong aside and let herself in. She took her coat off and placed it on the coat rack and slowly walked towards the living room. Jaejoong let the door shut.

“What do you want?” Jaejoong asked as he crossed his arms.

“Don’t be stupid. Don’t act all tough. Don’t be pathetic as you usually are. I hate it.” Narsha said. Jaejoong didn’t quite understand. Narsha rolled her eyes and leaned behind the couch.

“Jaejoong, do you really want to see Min Jeul? Do you really want her to remember you?” Narsha asked. Jaejoong placed his arms down and his facial expression changed.

“I know you do. And I know that you already know. I know that deep inside your pathetic and lonely heart you want to see her again. You want to hug her and feel her warm body. I want to help you even if the others would definitely forbid me if they found out. Which is why I want you to keep quiet about this.” Narsha said and Jaejoong was confused and a little happy. He moved forward towards Narsha and they decided to sit on the couch and talk.

“I… booked you a flight for tomorrow night to head to America. You’ll arrive in the morning there. I made reservations at a hotel too. And a cab will be waiting for your arrival tomorrow. I also requested for the taxi driver to drive you around. Don’t worry, he’s Korean so it won’t be hard. He’s a friend of a friend. I’m also leaving tomorrow night to head to America to visit Min Jeul. For sure Yunho’s there.” Narsha said.

“Why do you want to help me like this?” Jaejoong asked.

“Cause I know that it hurts and I don’t like seeing you get hurt than you already are. And I just want things to get over with. I know Miryo might hate me if she finds out and I know how much she completely forbids you but that’s a little unfair don’t you think?” Narsha said.

“Anyway, tomorrow I’ll be leaving at night and the girls will drop me off. I’ll say my goodbyes and I’ll see you inside. Our seats are just next to each other on the plane so it won’t be trouble. But you’ll have to be there an hour earlier than me okay?” Narsha said and Jaejoong just nodded his head.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In America, ,Min Jeul and Yunho were spending more time as always. Yunho was trying to dig in a little deeper and try to find an easy way for Min Jeul to remember Jaejoong without being a little too obvious on the other hand. It was really hard to tell whether Narsha’s plan will really work or not. Or if Min Jeul will even remember who Jaejoong is. But with Yunho there, and him being the one helping her… It seemed a little too impossible after a crush has already formed towards Min Jeul’s feelings for Yunho.