Chapter 10: It Just Keeps Piling Up...

Wrong Number

It was already 7:32 in the morning. Jaejoong and Min Jeul were nowhere to be found and the girls are going crazy trying to look for her and sending several text messages while at their place. as well as calling Jaejoong, but still no reply. They’ve already asked Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin to help them.

“Agh! I swear on my death bad that if I see Hero Kim Jaejoong I will crush his bones and shove his eyes out and make sure he doesn’t eye a single woman in this world!” Narsha said as she stood up from the couch and formed fists with her hands.

“Relax… If you girls keep panicking the more we’ll have a hard time trying to find or contact Jae.” Yoochun said as he continued to try and call Jaejoong for about the 17th time or so.

“How can you say that? Your friend has our adopted daughter in his hands and they’re somewhere we don’t know! If something bad does happen to her I promise we will sue you guys!” Miryo said.

“Go ahead… I know we’ll be responsible for it but as of now relax will ya?” Yoochun said. After that someone suddenly picked up the phone from the other line which happens to be Jaejoong’s phone.

“Stop calling me Yoochun! It’s pointless!” Jaejoong said through the other line. Yoochun placed him on loud speaker.

“You ! Give us back our Min Jeul! What do you want? Cash or something? Are you trying to put up a show and kidnap her? We can sue you and put you to jail for that you know!” Narsha couldn’t help herself and just had to let it out while she had the chance. Jaejoong chuckled a bit from the other line.

“What’s so funny Jae? Nothing seems humorous to us! Where the are you? You better bring Min Jeul back now! And we’re serious this time! Are you trying to kill us or something? Like what Narsha said, this is considered kidnapping and she can put you to jail for that. I’m sure that’s not something you want.” Junsu said.

“Listen, I don’t care what you guys think or say. Just leave me alone. Leave Min Jeul alone. Don’t you know you’re actually making her suffer just by getting her away from me? I know it sounds ridiculous.” Jaejoong said.

“You actually got brains for a retard! We don’t care about you, we just want Min Jeul. Give her back now.” Narsha said. The girls and the guys didn’t know that Min Jeul could hear every word they were saying. In the hotel they were staying at near the airport, Jaejoong thinks Min Jeul is fast asleep but she woke up from the loud shout of Narsha from the other line.

“Move it! You’re all making matters worse. That’s not the right way guys. Jaejoong please listen to me. I know what you’re feeling right now and don’t but in and say I don’t because I do. I’ve had a past experience like that and I’ve seen this happen several times to my friends. And right now it’s happening to another friend of mine and that’s you. Jae, please! Give us Min Jeul back. Your making us think you’re a terrorist or a kidnapper of some type and that’s not what or how we want to know you for the rest of our lives. We know you love her we do know that very well. But honestly, do you think taking her away from us was the right thing? Think about it Jae. Does it seem right to just take her away like that? Do you even know if she liked the fact that you took her away from us?” Miryo went soft on Jaejoong. Something she was a complete expert on counting her closer relationship with Min Jeul compared to the others.

Jaejoong began to think about it. Is this really what she wants? Jaejoong thought to himself. He began to think twice of what he was about to do. He was about to commit a crime and at the same time break the hearts of her friends who love Min Jeul very much. And possibly on the road of a new life he could break Min Jeul’s heart just by taking her away. Jaejoong was coming to his senses and he wanted to think about it further more.

“Give me some time. That’s all I need. What I want you guys to do are just relax. I’m not leaving the country or anything. Give me a day and if I don’t return Min Jeul you can start looking for me and I’ll even tell you where I am if I don’t return her. A day is all I’m asking.” Jaejoong said and hanged up the phone.

“Jaejoong?! You ! He hanged up on us! Call him one more time Yoochun!” Narsha demanded.

“Shh! Let him be! He’s only asking for a day. He promised he wouldn’t leave the country and we can keep an eye on that for sure. I know somebody from the airport agencies across Korea. She can help us keep track. I’ll call her right now, let’s just wait for Jaejoong. It’s only a day. I’m sure we can survive one more day.” Miryo said. She grabbed her phone and began to dial her friend’s number and call her in on monitoring Jaejoong in case he decides to take Min Jeul away.

At the hotel Jaejoong sat on the couch in the room thinking about what to do. Was he to just give up Min Jeul or continue what he’s been planning? Min Jeul turned to face Jaejoong while still laying on the bed.

“Jaejoong oppa…” Min Jeul called out softly. Jaejoong quickly got up and walked up to her briskly. He kneeled down in front of her.

“Do you need anything? Are you hungry or something? What do you want or need?” Jaejoong asked.

“No… I don’t need anything I’m fine oppa. What were you and my unnis talking about on the phone earlier?” Min Jeul asked. Jaejoong was shocked at her question because he wasn’t sure how to answer her back.

“Well… I don’t think I should talk about it with you Min Jeul, maybe some other time.” Jaejoong said trying to escape the question. But Min Jeul wasn’t going to let him.

“You love me that much oppa?” Min Jeul asked. Jaejoong stared at her blank faced. Shocked on the inside but expressionless on the outside. Jaejoong was a little confused whether to be shocked, scared, happy, sad or depressed. Jaejoong looked down and Min Jeul sat up. She grabbed Jaejoong’s hands.

“Oppa, believe it or not I do know what’s wrong with me right now. I know I am sick because that’s what my unnis told me. And I love them for being honest even if it hurts to know. They love me very much just like how you do. Oppa, I know you love me and I know you only want to take care of me. But earlier on the phone I heard some of your conversation. I know that my unnis are worried and so are your friends worried about you. Oppa, please just take me home. Because the amount of love you give me I get that too from my unnis. You can visit me everyday anyway. Just because I’m like this does not mean I cannot see you ever again.” Min Jeul said trying to soften up Jaejoong and cheer him up and help him come to his senses.

“I’d love to but you don’t understand it still Min Jeul.” Jaejoong said. He got up and sat next to Min Jeul on the bed and he sighed deeply. He held onto Min Jeul’s hand and began.

“Min Jeul, if I give you back to them they won’t allow me to see you because they are afraid that you might want to start a relationship with me like what I want to with you now. Which is why if I give you back they’ll take you away from me forever and they’ll never allow me to see you. And trust me because I’m telling you the truth. It may seem like they’ll allow me to see you but it’s not. Min Jeul I do love you and I’m glad to know that you’re aware and that you love me too.” Jaejoong said. Min Jeul smiled at Jaejoong but it faded as soon as she came to understand the situation even more. Jaejoong kissed Min Jeul’s forehead and hugged her tightly.

The night after the girls was still waiting for Jaejoong to call. Neither one of them are able to sleep. The boys decided to stay over the girls’ place to wait and see if Jaejoong will call them. At the hotel Jaejoong fell asleep. Min Jeul sneaked away from Jaejoong’s arms and got up. She stood there thinking.

Jaejoong oppa, I know that you’ll get hurt and I know I will too. But I love my unnis and I love you too and if you continue to keep me away from them you’ll get into so much trouble. I don’t want that. I love you oppa very much. And don’t worry, soon I will see you again and we will start a new life together. But not now. Just not now…

Min Jeul thought to herself. She opened the door slowly and left. She made her way back home walking even if it was a completely far away distance. But she had no choice because she was broke and didn’t know how to handle money well. From the creaking noises of the door and the fact that it was left open and there are children running around the hallways screaming, Jaejoong woke up to his arm without Min Jeul wrapped around them. He began to panic and saw that the door was open. He ran quickly and looked on both sides. Jaejoong ran downstairs to the receptionist and the lobby but nobody there.

“Excuse me miss, did you happen to see a young girl pass by?” Jaejoong asked.

“Oh, I think you’re talking about that young girl that seemed to be in a rush earlier. She left just a couple of minutes ago. She seemed a little lost.” The receptionist replied. Jaejoong was worried not because Min Jeul could possibly head back to her house but because she might get lost since she’s so far away from home.

Min Jeul was making her way home and she got a little tired so she decided to sit by the phone booth nearby. She sat right next to it and people kept staring at her as they passed by. Min Jeul was completely lost and she didn’t know where to go. She was confused on which direction to take. This was a huge problem uprising. Jaejoong checked out of the hotel and began to walk on foot searching for Min Jeul. He went to farther places and Min Jeul just continued to walk home which made Jaejoong’s search even more difficult.

Hours have passed and the girls were tired of waiting and the boys were getting impatient and tired of Jaejoong’s tricks.

“That’s it. I don’t want to be rude but I totally think Jaejoong is a complete right now. I hate him very much thank you.” Changmin said. The guys weren’t shocked at all. They hated him right now too. Yoochun’s phone was vibrating on the coffee table and it began to move from the vibration and it was ringing really loud.

“That could be Jaejoong!” Yunho said and Yoochun grabbed his phone. It was an unknown number.

“Hello?” Yoochun answered.

“Yoochun, don’t tell them it’s me because they’ll get mad after what they’ll hear. Please just cooperate with me and help me with my mess.” Jaejoong said.

“It’s your mess not mine. Besides, they know it’s you so no point. Where are you calling from?” Yoochun asked.

“A phone booth.” Jaejoong answered.

“What happened to your phone?” Yoochun asked.

“The batteries died. Listen carefully. Min Jeul left the hotel and now she’s walking on foot trying to get home but I’m afraid she won’t get there at all since she’s practically miles away from home and she’s on foot and the sun is coming down.” Jaejoong said panicking.

“You son of a ! What the hell! Dude! First you kidnap her and now this?! Are you really trying to pull yourself down on purpose? Cause if you are please don’t bring us down with you cause we actually have lives that we want to live peacefully!” Yoochun said and Jaejoong let out a deep sigh.

“This is why I need your help. You need to help me find her. Since I kept on saying she’s on foot for sure she hasn’t gone too far. Besides, I bet she sitting somewhere by now because she’s probably tired which saves me more time to find her. Please round up the guys to search around Busan and get the girls to do the same. But whatever you do never call the police. I don’t want to get in trouble and I don’t want to scare Min Jeul either.” Jaejoong said.

“You’re really stupid Jae. Among all the crazy things you’ve done this tops the cake and I’m sure it will stay there forever unless someone else changes it. But if we don’t call the police things will get harder. We might even be too late for all we know.” Yoochun said. It was pretty early for him to speak about death and Jaejoong was surprised and angry at his last word.

“Shut up! Don’t say that! It’s not a good thing. Just help me please. If you don’t want to get pulled down just like that.” Jaejoong said.

A lot of things are happening now. First Jaejoong wants to try and kidnap Min Jeul and take her to Japan, and now she rounds up getting lost. What’s seriously next for Jaejoong? His problems never end.