Chapter 6: Pushing Away

Wrong Number

Things were getting a little off between Yunho and Jaejoong. The whole week they kept exchanging glares and tried to steal away Min Jeul’s attention. Although it’s confusing to figure out if Yunho was trying to grab Min Jeul’s attention so she wouldn’t fall for Jaejoong, or the fact that he might just like her as Jaejoong does. Jaejoong was away for a photo shoot and Yunho went to visit his grandmother. Although he has asked Min Jeul if she wanted to come she declined and decided to stay at home. She was watching some T.V. and the three remaining boys wanted to find out a little something…

“What’s up with Yunho and Jaejoong hyung? It’s like something bad is happening between them but we don’t know what it is.” Changmin said.

“I don’t know either.” Yoochun replied. Someone knocked on the door just at that time and it was Ga-In.

“Ga-In unni!” Min Jeul yelled out from excitement.

“I told you to let the boys answer they know that they’re the ones who will answer for your safety. Tsk, oh well. Where are they?” Ga-In asked as she entered. The three of them popped their heads out from the kitchen.

“Oh I see, having some gossip in the kitchen? Min Jeul go get dressed we’re going to go somewhere.” Ga-In said. Min Jeul smiled and ran off to change.

“You three, are you free for the rest of the day? Where are Jaejoongshi and Yunhoshi?” Ga-In asked.

“Jaejoong is at a photo shoot and Yunho went to visit his grandmother.” Junsu replied.

“We’re free of course. Why?” Yoochun replied.

“Come on, we’re going to the park to have a small picnic. Jea is away for a month because she’s going to Mokpo to visit her friend. Narsha and Miryo are already at the park waiting for us.” Ga-In said.

“Sure! Did Miryo noona bring her home-made Kimchi and Tokorten?” Changmin asked.

“For you, of course.” Ga-In said, and Changmin let out a loud yes.

As Min Jeul came out the boys went t change too. They left as soon as that and went straight to the park. Min Jeul went to hug Narsha and Miryo.

“We missed you for those hours that we weren’t together. Where are Jaejoong and Yunho?” Narsha asked.

“Jaejoong, photo shoot. Yunho, his grandmother.” Ga-In answered as she sat next to Narsha and picked up the bag of potato chips.

“Too bad, they’ll be missing this moment.” Miryo said.

Junsu looked at Yoochun and they both looked at Changmin.

“Okay… Hey Min Jeul, let’s go fly this kite over there at the side. The wind seems to be striking harder there. Come on.” Changmin said as he gently grabbed Min Jeul’s wrist and as she grabbed the kite. They ran over to the other side.

“We need to tell you something.” Junsu said.

“What is it?” Narsha asked.

“We’ve noticed something from the two and we don’t know what it is.” Yoochun continued.

“What have you noticed?” Ga-In asked.

“The fact that there seems to be a problem between them but we don’t know how to break them. We don’t know if it’s really between them or if it’s something we shouldn’t really be messing with unless we want to get kicked in the by both of them.” Yoochun said.

“Well you guys are just concerned. Doesn’t seem wrong if you meddle a little and ask. But, what do you think is causing they’re looks?” Miryo asked.

“Maybe something that involves the group.” Junsu said. Yoochun shook his head.

“My hunch is that it’s something involving hugely around Min Jeul.” Yoochun said.

“Min Jeul?” Narsha said.

“Why Min Jeul?” Ga-In asked.

“Well, it was just a hunch. I don’t have any support for my accusation.” Yoochun said.

“I sort of agree with Yoochun’s hunch. I think it has something to do with Min Jeul. You see, I just recently noticed and found out that Jaejoong likes Min Jeul and I sort of think that Yunho likes her too. I mena, Narsha, we’ve talked about this during your last visit remember?” Junsu said.

“Yeah I remember. Jaejoong seemed depressed as he saw how sweet Min Jeul was acting around Yunho and the fact that he was returning it.” Narsha said.

“Well envy is the cause of everything.” Miryo said.

“What now? We need to know the real reason. We can’t just jump into conclusions and I’m positive not all our guesses and hunches are right. I mean, it could be another reason. Another girl maybe, something like that.” Ga-In said.

“Whatever it is we just want it to be over. How can we crack both of them open?” Junsu asked.

“Well, there are many ways. But it will take time and it will be tough. We need to be patient, understanding and gentle.” Miryo said.

“It takes time for them to tell the truth unless they trust the person. We need to understand their side of the story, as in we need both of them to speak. And of course we need to be gentle and not harsh considering that being too hard and quick can just ruin the whole plan.” Miryo said.

“It’s like you’ve done this before.” Junsu teased.

“I’m smart that’s just it.” Miryo said.

“Yeah, smart enough to sneak out late at night to party with friends without thinking of inviting us.” Narsha said.

“That was the past! It was late and I didn’t want to wake any of you up just for a party. Plus, we we’re all tired that day I just forced myself up because that friend of mine hasn’t seen me in a while and neither have I seen her. The past is past, let it go.” Miryo said.

“Fine, whatever you say.” Narsha replied. Miryo rolled her eyes and Ga-In just laughed. Changmin and Min Jeul came back after the wind went away.

“Did we miss anything?” Changmin asked. Junsu raised his eyebrow at Changmin signaling him that they’ll explain later.

“Guess not.” Changmin said even without the others answering.

“Do you think Yunho oppa will make it?” Min Jeul asked.

“Maybe not, usually when he visit his grandmother he tends to stay there the whole day Min Jeul. But don’t worry; I’m sure he’ll make up for the lost time once he gets home.” Junsu said.

They headed home as soon as it was over and the three decided to take Min Jeul home for the whole week since Jea wasn’t to return till next Monday. As soon as Jaejoong got home from the shoot he went looking for Min Jeul.

“Where is Min Jeul?” Jaejoong asked Changmin and Yoochun who were busy playing the Xbox and Junsu watching them play Kung Fu Chaos.

“She’s sleeping over at the girls’ place. Jea isn’t coming back from Mokpo till Monday.” Junsu said.

“Oh okay.” Jaejoong said. He grabbed his coat and was about to leave but Junsu got up quickly.

“Hey!” Junsu called out and Jaejoong turned his back.

“What?” Jaejoong asked.

“Where are you going? You just got home, don’t you intend to rest or something?” Junsu asked.

“No, I’m heading over to Min Jeul I want to take her out to the park again.” Jaejoong said.

“Wait!” Junsu said and Jaejoong stopped once more a little ticked off now.

“What now?” Jaejoong said.

“Can I talk to you outside?” Junsu asked. Yoochun and Changmin turned their attention to the two.

“Fine.” Jaejoong said as he went out and Junsu followed him.

“What is it?” Jaejoong asked a little bit in a rush.

“Do you really like Min Jeul?” Junsu asked. Jaejoong was a little surprised at the question but either way he was to answer.

“If I say yes, would you care?” Jaejoong asked.

“Not really. But the fact is I want to know why you and Yunho hyung are like that to each other. Jae hyung I’m just concerned okay don’t get me wrong.” Junsu said and Jaejoong sighed. He scratched his head as he was about to answer.

“Listen, whatever is happening between me and Yunho is between us. Just let it be, we’d both surely want to keep it that way. I’ll see you later.” Jaejoong said as he patted Junsu’s shoulder as he was about to leave. Junsu grabbed Jaejoong’s hand that was on top of his shoulder.

“Listen hyung. I just want you to know that it may seem like we meddle with your personal life too much but you do that to us too. And we understand because we know you’re just concerned. And so are we at your situation towards whatever it is.” Junsu said.

Jaejoong continued to just walk off and Junsu sighed. Jaejoong headed over to Min Jeul’s and Ga-In answered the door as he knocked.

“Jaejoongshi? What’re you doing here?” Ga-In asked.

“I want to take Min Jeul out if you don’t mind.” Jaejoong asked.

“Well…” Ga-In said.

“JAEJOONG OPPA!” Min Jeul yelled out really loud while waving from the living room couch. Jaejoong waved back and let himself in without Ga-In telling him to.

“Come in?” Ga-In said to herself in a questionable manner.

“We had a picnic earlier with the other oppas. I thought you were going to make it.” Min Jeul said.

“Well sorry I couldn’t. I had to take pictures for a magazine. I’m sorry I wasn’t able to come and take that picnic with you guys. I’ll try to catch up next time okay?” Jaejoong said.

“It’s okay oppa! You’re here now so it’s all good right oppa?” Min Jeul asked.

“I guess. I actually came because I wanted to take you to the park again like last time remember?” Jaejoong asked.

“Of course I do! It was a sad moment but I enjoyed it because you tried all your might to keep me smiling.” Min Jeul said. Jaejoong was touched by her words. Ga-In was standing by the side and then Narsha and Miryo came in with playing cards.

“Let’s play some cards!” Miryo yelled out as she was playing tricks on the card. They suddenly saw Jaejoong on the ground holding Min Jeul’s hand.

“Jaejoong, I didn’t expect you to be here.” Narsha said.

“Nobody did noona.” Jaejoong said.

“Okay I guess.” Narsha said.

“So, do you want to play Go Fish with us?” Miryo asked as she moved forward with the cards. Jaejoong nodded his head and Min Jeul wanted to just watch. Ga-In sat in between Miryo and Narsha while Narsha sat next to Jaejoong who sat next to Min Jeul who sat next to Miryo. Don’t get confused and don’t confuse yourself.

As hours passed by the three wanted to distract Min Jeul so they can have a serious talk with Jaejoong.

“I feel hungry. I think I’m going to quit first. Min Jeul, would you please come with me to the kitchen? Let’s go fix up something to eat.” Ga-In offered Min Jeul. She nodded her head and went with Ga-In directly to the kitchen and she closed the door shut so Min Jeul wouldn’t hear the conversation.

Miryo and Narsha slammed the cards down at the same time and Jaejoong was confused. Narsha grabbed Jaejoong’s cards and placed them on the center.

“Game over.” Narsha said.

“Jaejoong we need to talk to you.” Miryo said seriously. Jaejoong was honestly a bit nervous on the inside.

“About what?” he replied.

“Min Jeul. Tell us, do you like her?” Narsha asked.

“Way to go, you ruined the plan.” Miryo said.

“I want a straight answer I don’t want plans.” Narsha said.

“What plan? Why are you asking me that? What’s going on?” Jaejoong kept asking.

“We’re asking the questions and you’re answering them honestly and properly. We know you like Min Jeul and we think this is the bridge towards your grudge against Yunho. Don’t lie or make up stories cause we already know. It’s pointless to start now.” Narsha said.

“What’re you talking about? I’m not holding a grudge against Yunho.” Jaejoong said.

“Jaejoong, we don’t want to play charades and make matters worse. Just please tell us whether you do like Min Jeul or not.” Miryo said clearing things up. Jaejoong cleared his throat.

“Maybe, why?” Jaejoong answered. “Give us a straight forward answer.” Narsha said.

“Fine, I do. What’s it to you?” Jaejoong said.

“What’s it to us? We’re like the mothers of Min Jeul, of course it’s something serious and important to us!” Narsha said.

“Can I just do the talking Narsha?” Miryo said. Narsha shut and crossed her arms.

“Jaejoong, Narsha is right. This is something serious and important to us cause we stand as Min Jeul’s mother since her parents passed away and since we took her in. We really need to know this because as much as possible we don’t want anything to happen between you or Min Jeul.” Miryo said being straight forward with her answers.

Jaejoong couldn’t believe what Miryo said but he thought twice.

“Is it really that important for you to know? Well then it’s a yes, and I don’t like you’re idea of not letting anything between us happen. What if something does and it’s all coming from Min Jeul’s side? Would you still stop her? Would you Miryo?” Jaejoong said striking at Miryo since he knew she was weak against everything Min Jeul liked and loved.

“Bull Jaejoong! I know what you’re trying to do so don’t strike at Miryo just because she’s weak at what you just said! Miryo has said it already that nothing is to come between you please respect that!” Narsha said.

“How can I? Isn’t that cruelty and something against her human rights? Against mine too?” Jaejoong said.

“Human rights? Don’t talk with me Jaejoong! We were hoping you’d understand since we know you do love Min Jeul. But if you did you’d let this pass and let it be. But how come you’re reacting like this? If you really love her then stay away from her. We don’t even know if she loves you.” Narsha said with those harsh last words.

“Tch, whatever.” Jaejoong said.

“Maybe she’s only showing affection to you because you’re giving that to her.” Miryo said.

“So she’s returning the favor is that all?” Jaejoong said.

“Maybe! Jae please understand. Listen to us, we don’t want her to get involve into things like this because we’re afraid that you might get tired of her and abandon her just like that.” Miryo said.

“And don’t give us that crap about you loving her for the rest of your life and you being faithful and other you can get off movies, T.V. shows and like that.” Narsha said.

“Well how I can I not? She’s in the same house as me. And she’ll be there for a while since I doubt you’ve got Jea to twist her mind about Min Jeul.” Jaejoong said.

Miryo and Narsha looked at each other. “We’re taking her back. We’ll deal with Jea.” Miryo said.

Jaejoong remained silent not knowing what to say next.

“Please leave and never come back Jaejoong. We’ll see each other as friends and so will you between Min Jeul but nothing more.” Miryo said.

It was heart breaking for Jaejoong but there was obviously nothing he can do. He got up and he stopped before moving forward. He wanted to say something. Yell something at Narsha and Miryo but his mouth had its self-control and stopped him. Jaejoong moved forward and went straight for the door without saying goodbye to them or Min Jeul. Jaejoong was obviously hurt and the only person left to talk to was Yunho. But considering Jaejoong seemed like an easy target getting Yunho to speak was harder for the girls. This was obvious in so many levels.