Chapter 39: Remembering Ones' Past

Wrong Number

 

Jaejoong stayed stuck in his hotel room just thinking of the incident that happened earlier. He didn’t know how to explain to himself how he felt. He had these negative things running through his head. Things that would normally expect people to drive themselves into suicide. Lucky for Jaejoong he wasn’t even thinking of suicide.

More problems… More lies and stupidities, why couldn’t I just listen to my conscience back then before all of this? Why did things like this have to turn out like this? There was always a part of me telling me to stop and turn back but I just couldn’t listen.

While thinking of things like this, Jaejoong kept on hitting himself. Regardless of the pain, he still didn’t stop and continued to hit his head hard on. It was as if you could feel that his head was bleeding. But it wasn’t but the pain was still obviously present.

As the day went on Yunho went back to the hospital. He didn’t head upstairs but just called Ricky to come downstairs. Yunho was outside at the parking lot right next to a tree where all the motorcycles were parked. As soon as Ricky spotted him he rushed to him.

“What happened to your head?” Ricky asked as he pointed towards the purplish spot on the side of Yunho’s forehead.

“Jaejoong… Min Jeul told Jaejoong that she was pregnant.” Yunho said.

“What? How could she have said that? I told her not to say anything about it.” Ricky said.

“We should’ve been specific, it was also wrong for me to have left him with her there. I originally left him with her so that they can have time to talk with each other and Min Jeul can turn her attention to Jaejoong for a change.” Yunho said.

“Well I guess we were both wrong at something.” Ricky said.

“I’m guessing he began to beat you up when you got back to the hotel.” Ricky guessed and Yunho nodded.

“What do you plan to do now? For sure he’ll probably try to kill you… Or worse… himself…” Ricky said and Yunho didn’t want to think of any of that.

“He’s emancipating me from being part of his life. We’re strictly co-workers from now on.” Yunho said.

“Well it’s better than killing you anyway.” Ricky said and Yunho gave him that look, but Ricky failed to see it as he glanced up the building of the hospital.

“But you know…. If he really loves Min Jeul he should take it in that Min Jeul is in love with someone else. Yeah I know, it’s very hard to accept the fact that Min Jeul will never love him or remember her past with him whatsoever, but he should take into consideration the way she feels. Min Jeul seems happy like this anyway, why can’t he just accept it?” Ricky said while playing with the small pieces of smashed rocks on the ground.

“Jaejoong is a very hard man to convince. When you’re in an argument with him he’ll find a way to stand correct, even if it pains him and makes him lose some things in life. Important or not it wouldn’t matter to him.” Yunho said.

“So do you plan to tell Yoochun and Miryo about this?” Ricky asked and Yunho nodded.

“I suggest you take Jaejoong home to Korea. He needs more time before he sees Min Jeul face to face again. And make sure that the next time he’ll see Min Jeul, he’s ready for anything.” Ricky said as he patted Yunho’s shoulder and left to go back to Min Jeul.

Yunho decided to go back to his hotel room as well. As he got there he laid down on the bed staring at the ceiling wondering what he should do now. His mistakes and or sins towards Jaejoong have gone beyond its limit. In fact, it shouldn’t even have a limit.Yunho just went overboard without taking into consideration what Jaejoong would feel. This was completely his fault and he has to fix it. He grabbed the phone and dialed down a number.

“Yes, please re-schedule the flight for tomorrow morning.” Yunho said. He was re-scheduling their flight back home, instead of going home next week, they’ll go back home as early as tomorrow morning. All he had to do now was tell Jaejoong this.

Since he was completely scared he called for a bellhop to come up to his room. As soon as the bellboy got there he opened his door and gave him a small card that had something scribbled in Hangul (Korean) and considering the bellboy was American he didn’t understand it. He headed towards the next room which was Jaejoong’s and handed it to him. Jaejoong flipped it over and saw what was written.

I re-scheduled our flight back home to Korea. Instead of next week I think it’s best if we go back tomorrow. I’m truly sorry Jaejoong, I know you won’t care about my apologies but at least try to meet me later tonight at the restaurant downstairs of the hotel. I promise you that it will be meaningful.

Jaejoong read it and he wanted to kill Yunho. Not because of what was written but the fact of juts thinking about him made him angry. Jaejoong crumpled the card and threw it towards the door facing his room. He plopped down onto his bed and slept in.

As an hour passed by Yunho waited for Jaejoong hoping he would come down. He was just sitting there at the table playing with the straw of his glass. As unexpectedly, Jaejoong came and he still seemed angry at Yunho. Yunho stood up and bowed at Jaejoong and Jaejoong bowed back. They sat at the same time and ordered their food, Jaejoong trying not to make a conversation kept on muching on the food looking stupid right now.

“Jaejoong ah, I’m really sorry.” Those words coming from Yunho made Jaejoong grip his fork and knife tightly.

“I know that you completely hate me, I know you’ve heard of this apology so many times that it’s possible that this could be a line for some drama but… I really never expected this… I swear to you, I never knew that Min Jeul was… you know… until we got here… when I called over at the hospital I was confused when Ricky said that Yoochun didn’t try to stop us from coming here. But I want you to know that I apologize and it was never my intention to make her pregnant. And please don’t blame Yoochun and the others for this, they only kept it from you and me because it was safer that way.” Yunho said.

Jaejoong chuckled.

“You’re right, that line seems like a line from a drama and I’m sick of that drama which stars you in it! I hate you very much Yunho. I only came here to eat. As much as possible I wouldn’t want to start a conversation with you which is why I’ve been eating like this. But apparently with all your stupid words I can’t find a way to ignore all of them at all.” Jaejoong said and he honestly seemed harsh that even Yunho was hurt with his words.

“Jaejoong ah… Please…” Yunho said trying to calm Jaejoong down hoping he won’t start a scene.

“If you’re thinking that I’ll start a scene then you’re wrong. And also you’re totally rude for thinking of me in that kind of way. I maybe mad at you but it doesn’t mean that I’ll always start a scene in front of you whether it’s private or public. I’m sick and tired of your apologies. I’m sick and tired of your face and your voice that seems to just keep echoing in my head and in my mind non-stop. I’m really pissed off now. Especially hearing this news. If you really care you’d find a way to help Min Jeul remember me. But so far all you’ve been doing is taking me places, driving me even more insane and doing nothing.” Jaejong said.

“Let me ask you something Jung Yunho…” Jaejoong said and Yunho listened attentively.

“When we came to the hospital. What was the first thing you did? You introduced me to Min Jeul asking her if she remembers me. it was painful to know that she didn’t remember me as a lover but as Narsha’s friend whom she met at the park in the past.” Jaejoong said.

“But what really struck me was when she said she was pregnant. But aside from the obvious, you never even gave effort into trying to tell a story, or say something that will make Min Jeul remember me. instead you sat by the chair looking like an idiot gazing at Min Jeul and listening to every single story she was saying.” Jaejoong continued.

“You never even once mentioned my name, until you decided to leave me alone with her. You went with Ricky to help him with something, when you got back you still said nothing. So how do you expect me to put my full trust and faith into your hands, my faith of finally being with Min Jeul once again and she, finally remembering me when you do nothing but sit like an idiot.” Jaejoong said.

Yunho never really thought about it. But Jaejoong was right. Through that time he never mentioned anything about Jaejoong’s past with Min Jeul. Jaejoong’s past with Min Jeul may have seem short but it was meaningful and for sure if he mentioned something Min Jeul was bound to at least remember the slightest moment she spent with Jaejoong.

But not even once it was mentioned and that even enraged Jaejoong causing more problems between the two to ever get together as friends once more. Jaejoong and Yunho’s friendship was already broken from the beginning. YunJae will never exist between the eyes of their fans, most especially because of this simple mistake.

They are strictly co-workers now. Nothing more, they aren’t friends, brothers or lovers or whatever there is. They aren’t related or anything, they have nothing to do with each other but except for the fact that they are two Koreans, two people who have to live under one roof and belong to the same group that is Dong Bang shin Ki in Korea. Tong Vfang Xien Qi in China and Tohoshinki in Japan.

Jaejoong stopped ranting back on Yunho and continued to eat. After eating really fast he left Yunho there all alone, his food not even touched ever since Jaejoong spoke. Jaejoong didn’t really go back to his room but instead headed back to the hospital. Ricky went out to pick up something at the information’s desk. He didn’t notice Jaejoong as he entered.

Jaejoong quickly hopped onto the elevator and went to Min Jeul’s room’s floor. As the elevator stopped there Jaejoong briskly walked towards Min Jeul’s room his mind completely blank and not thinking of a single thing. As he walked down the hallway of Min Jeul’s room the nurses were too busy chit chatting as he passed by like the flash.

He got to Min Jeul’s door. He stopped for a minute and finally entered without knocking. There Min Jeul was resting on her bed peacefully. Her face pale as usual and sick looking too. She was sleeping soundly and her mind was at peace. She was obviously dreaming about Yunho but this Jaejoong didn’t even know.

Jaejoong grabbed a stool and sat by Min Jeul’s bed. He gazed at her beauty. He brushed his fingers through Min Jeul’s hair and caressed her smooth baby face. Min Jeul felt all of this and finally opened her eyes slowly and still in a beautiful manner. She saw Jaejoong but she wasn’t startled and nor was she afraid of him.

“Jaejoong oppa…” Min Jeul said softly their faces very close to each other.

Min Jeul just had her eyes locked onto Jaejong and Jaejoong had his eyes locked onto Min Jeul’s.

“Min Jeul ah… I’m sorry for waking you up.” Jaejoong said and Min Jeul let out a soft yet weak smile. Seeing that Jaejoong sort of broke into tears.

“Jaejoong oppa why are you crying?” Min Jeul asked and Jaejoong wiped away his tears a little embarrassed.

“It’s nothing.” Jaejoong said.

Jaejoong glanced every inch of Min Jeul’s face. He finally locked his eyes onto Min Jeul’s beautiful soft lips. He forgot how it was like kissing those. He was finally curious to find out. Min Jeul, still laying down on the bed restless and careless wasn’t moving at all even if she could obviously see that Jaejoong was leaning in towards her to kiss her. As Jaejoong did he finally locked lips with her as they both closed their eyes.

Jaejoong felt like he was in a dream land of some sorts. He felt butterflies in his stomach and the feeling was just pure awesome for him. He didn’t know what to do next and he was still in the same position with his lips still locked onto Min Jeul’s. Min Jeul on the other hand was full of thoughts now.

Something Jaejoong didn’t realize that as he sealed that kiss with Min Jeul, she began to finally think of her past. Getting a clear but quite a blurry look at it. Her facial expression was changed into a worried like looking face. She had her eyes shut and she was remembering everything. And I mean everything…

From the past…

Where Jaejoong was always looking at her, when she was acting childish, when Miryo and the others were taking care of her trying to defend her from Jea. When Jea kept on pushing her away and bullying her and finally from the time she met Jaejoong at the park. That dream she had about it in the past was finally clear to her. She has seen Jaejoong before, before in her life and before all of this.

She remembered that first time they saw each other when she ran out of their house and explored the outside world and landed at the park where there was that kid. Until the time they got back home and Jaejoong was curious to know things about Min Jeul. And even the time that she had to stay over the boys’ place because of Jea.

Even the time that people kept thinking that Yunho was somewhat flirting with her or trying to woo her over into a relationship with him when originally their relationship was more of a brother-sister type. And even from the time the media saw them when Jea took a picture of her and Jaejoong at the hospital.

She remembered everything. Most especially what Jaejoong was to her…

She finally remembers her past love life with Jaejoong…

She finally remembers every single moment she had with Jaejoong…

From the first meeting until the day Jaejoong ran off with her and almost lost her…

And the day she had to leave to go to America for her safety…

After that kiss Jaejoong pulled back a little and Min Jeul quickly sat up and she ignored her body pains. She had tears flown down her cheeks and her eyes still watery. Jaejoong didn’t understand why, he thought it was his entire fault.

“Min Jeul, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to do that.” Jaejoong said and he was pained to see Min Jeul cry. Min Jeul shook her head.

“Jaejoong oppa…” Min Jeul said.

For some reason Jaejoong felt a special feeling when Min Jeul called her. Jaejoong stood up from his seat and hugged Min Jeul tightly.

“I’m sorry for not remembering oppa… I didn’t know… I blame myself… I didn’t know why… Oppa I’m so sorry…” Min Jeul said in between her tears and her broken voice.

Min Jeul kept crying and Jaejoong was in disbelief… Rather… He was at a different state of shock when Min Jeul said those things.

SHE REMEMBERED EVERYTHING

Jaejoong didn’t know how to feel. This time it was really unexplainable for Jaejoong that he couldn’t even say things to calm Min Jeul down but all he did was rub her back to calm her down. Min Jeul just kept crying. That even from the outside you can hear it, Ricky was walking down the hallway that time. When he heard those tears he rushed to Min Jeul’s room.

Once he opened the door he saw the scene. There on her bed Min Jeul was leaning to the side hugging Jaejoong tightly while crying on him and Jaejoong just hugging her ignoring whomever entered the room not caring what was happening except for the fact that Min Jeul remembers everything.

“What’s going on… Jaejonong… Why are you here?” Ricky questioned but no response from Jaejoong.

Ricky was totally confused and he didn’t know what to do. He wanted to call Yunho but he knew that Jaejoong would kill him too. As Ricky placed down whatever he got from the information’s desk he approached the two who finally stopped hugging. Jaejoong wiped off Min Jeul’s tears.

“Jaejoong hyung, what’s going on? Why are you here?” Ricky asked.

“She remembers…” that’s the only two words that Jaejoong could think of right now. Ricky didn’t know what he meant by that until he saw the tears in Min Jeul’s eyes. His eyes grew at large finally understanding the situation.

The more intense things might come out as it seems. As Ricky found out he quickly grabbed his cellphone and headed outside. He leaned towards the wall his eyes still at large. He didn’t know who to call first, Yunho or Yoochun? He finally dialed a number… At it was…

“Hello?” Yoochun was on the other line.

“Hyung… She remembers…. Min Jeul remembers…” Ricky said.

“Remembers? Remembers what?” Yoochun asked not getting what Ricky was trying to say.

“She remembers everything! I don’t know how but as I got there Jaejoong and her were hugging and she was crying and Jaejoong said she remembers and she was still crying and… Hyung she remembers!” Ricky said. Yoochun didn’t know if he should believe his brother or what.

“It’s not funny to make jokes Ricky, especially at this time you know.” Yoochun said a little stern.

“Hyung I’m not joking, you can come here to America right now and I swear to you that I’m not lying.” Ricky said and Yoochun was in total shock.

How are things going to turn out anyway now that Min Jeul knows everything? What about that baby she has inside of her?

What about Yunho………….?