Chapter 4: Opening Up Slowly

Wrong Number

The next day Miryo came in early before Min Jeul woke up.

“How was her first night, guys?” Miryo asked.

“She fell asleep like a cute baby. I was wondering how because Yoochun and Changmin’s snore fest last night was louder than the usual.” Junsu said.

“Stop calling it a snore fest!” Yoochun said.

“Well it sounds like one you know.” Junsu claimed.

The three of them giggled. Then the door to ther room opened and it was Min Jeul. She rubbed her eyes as she came out and Jaejoong got out of the kitchen at the same time and saw her and he continued to look at her and she looked back and waved. She went near Miryo and gave her a huge hug.

“See? I told you I’d come over. Narsha and Ga-In couldn’t come with me because Jea suddenly dragged them to a sauna and you know she can’t do that to me when I’m still asleep.” Miryo said and they both giggled.

“Listen, I want to take you out to the mall today to buy you some clothes. Go get ready okay?” Miryo said and Min Jeul nodded. She rushed to the bedroom grabbed her towel, robe and clothes and went to the bathroom as soon as Changmin came out.

“She’s in a rush?” Changmin said.

“They’re going out.” Junsu said.

“Oh…” Changmin said finally understanding what was happening.

When the two left they decided to take a stroll down the park and eat some ice cream while walking around.

“You know unni. Yunho oppa has been very very nice to me ever since I moved in.” Min Jeul said with a huge smile on her face. Miryo sensed a little something from what she said and from her smile.

“That’s a wonderful smile you have on. Do I sense something behind what you just told me?” Miryo said.

“What are you talking about?” Min Jeul said and she was beginning to blush.

“Do you have a crush on Yunho?” Miryo asked.

Min Jeul shrugged her shoulders while looking as if she was going even deeper from her position because she was feeling exposed. Miryo giggled and Min Jeul just tried to bury her face into her ice cream cone which ended up giving her some ice cream on her nose with some chocolate sprinkles on it.

“Here.” Miryo said as she handed her a tissue.

“Don’t be so embarrassed that you have a crush on Yunho. A lot of girls do.” Miryo said.

“I know unni. He’s very famous. And I don’t see why he shouldn’t be famous. He’s talented. He sings beautifully, his dance steps are graceful and his smiles are angelic.” Min Jeul said as she was beginning to twirl around the park.

“Watch out you might bump into somebody like before. Tell you what; would you like it if I tried to set you up on a small date with Yunho?” Miryo asked.

Min Jeul’s attention turned to her.

“Is that possible unni? Wouldn’t he get mad?” Min Jeul asked.

Miryo giggled.

“Of course not silly, he wouldn’t mind. Besides, we’ll ask on a free day.” Miryo said. As they finished their ice creams they continued to head over to the mall to pick out some new outfits.

There was one shop that caught Miryo’s eye and she just had to try one of the displayed outfits that the mannequins were wearing. They entered the shop and Miryo went into the dressing room while Min Jeul lingered around the silent shop playing some slow music. She skimmed through the blouses hanging on the racks and the colorful shirts folded on the shelves when she bumped into someone by accident.

“I’m so sorry.” Min Jeul said.

“Min Jeul? What are you doing here alone?” a familiar voice spoke.

When Min Jeul turned her head up it was Yunho. Min Jeul’s heart beat rate went up and was about to exceed its limit. Min Jeul didn’t know what to say because she couldn’t help but just stare at Yunho. The same thing she did during the first night. As soon as the boys came in the room to crash as well Min Jeul continued to look over Yunho’s face the whole night before slowly falling asleep.

“Min Jeul are you okay?” Yunho asked.

“Huh? Yeah!” Min Jeul said nodding her head a lot.

“Ah, okay. So you’re with someone or something?” Yunho asked.

Miryo came out of the dressing room in the awkward dress that made her look like Lady Gaga. Yunho and Min Jeul turned to her and they kept on laughing.

“I know it ! Don’t laugh at me!” Miryo said.

As soon as the two calmed down Yunho offered a ride home. While they were in the food court Yunho was being playful to Min Jeul and she was enjoying it and cherishing the moment. Miryo’s phone rang and it was Jea. They were calling in for practices and other stuff.

“Oh? Is that so? Can’t it wait for at least a while?” Miryo said with a stressed face.

Yunho and Min Jeul were still being playful but looking at Miryo’s face and listening to her conversation as well.

“Okay I understand. Bye.” Miryo said and hanged up. She sighed.

“What’s wrong unni?” Min Jeul asked.

“I need to leave now. NegaNetwork called us in to do a mini-concert because one of the artists backed out. Yunho please take her home safely for me okay? I’ll see you tomorrow!” Miryo said in a rush and kissed Min Jeul on the head and grabbed her paper bag and left running. The two watched as she disappeared into another spot.

“Let’s go walk around some more. I don’t feel like going home yet and I don’t think you do too right?” Yunho asked.

“I don’t feel like going home yet. Let’s go to the toy shop please?” Min Jeul asked. She was talking about the Sweet Shop that sold a lot of cute little things. Girly things actually like teddy bears and whatever else. Yunho and Min Jeul quickly went there running holding each other’s hand and they started to pick out some of the toys and other stuff. Min Jeul liked practically everything she saw and Yunho wanted to make her somewhat happy so he bought her all of what she grabbed.

Coincidentally, Jaejoong was at the mall too trying to pick up some new CDs. He passed by the shop and Yunho and Min Jeul caught his attention. They were in front of the cashier while the lady was packing the toys. Min Jeul tip toed and hugged Yunho, thanking him for all the things, something which Jaejoong didn’t know of since he had no idea why they were together. Jaejoong felt a sudden rage of jealousy inside of himself. He decided to walk away but Min Jeul noticed he was standing there. She quickly waved to Jaejoong with a goofy yet cute smile. Yunho turned around and saw Jaejoong and smiled at him. Jaejoong had no choice but to go inside.

“What’re you doing here all by yourself Jae?” Yunho asked.

“I went to just get some CDs. I thought you were with Miryo, Min Jeul?” Jaejoong asked.

“I was but she had to leave for a sudden mini-concert.” Min Jeul said.

“We’re heading home. If you need a ride you can come with us.” Yunho said.

“Umm… Yeah sure…” Jaejoong said. They grabbed the paper bags and headed to the parking lot. They were talking loudly as they headed back to Yunho’s car. They got inside and Min Jeul stayed at the back. Jaejoong thought fast and placed one of the paper bags on the passenger’s seat in front. Jaejoong quickly got into the back.

“No more space up front.” Jaejoong said to Min Jeul and she gave him a smile and he smiled back. They headed home and Min Jeul showed Junsu, Changmin and Yoochun what they bought. Junsu helped Min Jeul decorate her bed with the stuff toys and other things they brought. Jaejoong was busy cooking something extra good and even better than the dishes he made and cooked yesterday. Changmin smelled the good tasting food.

“Mmmm! Is that another one of your very famously delicious dishes hyung? I’m excited to dig in already!” Changmin said.

“Yes, but of course Min Jeul gets to taste first so go away before I dump all of this food on you.” Jaejoong said.

“I don’t mind myself as long as the others do.” Changmin said. Jaejoong was bothered by what he said and it sort of pissed him off. He raised his right hand and the sauce from the food he was cooking was dripping from the spatula as he positioned to pretend to hit Changmin. Changmin quickly flinched.

“I was just kidding sheesh hyung.” Changmin said as he walked out. When dinner was ready Min Jeul was of course happy to see a lot of delicious dishes on the table. Yunho was happy about it too and so were the others.

Jaejoong wanted to become really close with Min Jeul so he tried to call Narsha last night to check on things about her.

“Jaejoong, why are you calling me at this hour?” Narsha said.

“It’s only 9:20 p.m. it’s still early you know. I just wanted to ask a couple things about Min Jeul.” Jaejoong said.

“What for? What’s the sudden interest?” Narsha asked.

“Well course I have to get interested in her because I’ll probably be staying in the same house as her for a long time so I need to know a thing or two about her. Can you tell me the things she likes and dislikes?” Jaejoong asked.

“Well fine you make a great point. Let’s see… She really loves cute things of course. Her favorite food is kimchi and mochi with edame paste. She loves chocolates and strawberries. She loves orange juices and mango shakes. She really loves the color blue and pink she thinks they blend together which I sort of agree on. Anyway, she doesn’t like too much shouting, fighting and crying. She doesn’t like liars so no matter how much it hurts you always have to tell her the truth because when she finds out it’s a lie she’ll get hurt some more.” Narsha explained.

Jaejoong listed the things down inside his head. “Okay thanks bye!” Jaejoong said real quick and hanged up the phone.

Narsha was confused but she decided to hang the phone. Yoochun sat next to Jaejoong and apparently he heard the whole conversation and knew the truth about Jaejoong’s questions. Yoochun deep inside seriously wanted to mock and piss off Jaejoong but right now his reactions seem so serious.

“Okay I can’t help but ask, what’s wrong with you?” Yoochun asked.

“There’s nothing wrong with me. Revise your question please.” Jaejoong said.

“Fine Mr. Know-It-All. What’s with the face?” Yoochun said.

Jaejoong sighed knowing the question still didn’t make sense at all. “It’s none of your business.” Jaejoong replied.

“I waited a couple of seconds for that? I practically wasted time.” Yoochun said and got up and left. Jaejoong went straight to the kitchen and cooked up some of the best ever tasting Kimchi and Mochi Rice with Edame Paste that anybody would probably ever taste. It took him hours to get everything ready. He had a mango shake and orange juice ready for Min Jeul. The next morning Min Jeul woke up to see all the food.

“Wow, they look all so good.” Min Jeul said and Jaejoong woke up from lying on the counter.

He wiped off his saliva and wiped his hand on his apron and took it off. He got up and hanged up the apron.

“This is all for you Min Jeul. I hope you like them.” Jaejoong said.

“Of course I will oppa! These are all my favorites!” Min Jeul said.

She had a bright morning smile on her face with tired eyes which made her look even cuter. Jaejoong just looked at her as if he was looking at an angel. Jaejoong had that weird feeling inside that he usually gives to his fans when they see his angelic face. Min Jeul sat down and took a bite and sip on what Jaejoong prepared.

“I love it so much!” Min Jeul said.

Slowly by this Jaejoong was thinking that he could finally win Min Jeul over and take her attention until she finally notices him and not Yunho. Except that was broken once Yunho got out of the bedroom. He had messy hair and was shirtless. Damn! Jaejoong thought in his head thinking it was a kill joy for his moment.

“Good morning Yunho oppa!” Min Jeul greeted.

“Good morning Min Jeul, what’re you eating? That looks good.” Yunho said.

“Jaejoong oppa made this. It’s really good Yunho oppa. You should try it right now!” Min Jeul said and grabbed Yunho’s arm and pulled him onto the seat right next to her. Jaejoong was a little heart broken when Min Jeul fed Yunho the Mochi Rice he made especially for her and he was hoping he was at Yunho’s place right now even from the beginning when he was making all of this. Someone suddenly knocked on the door. Jaejoong went near the door and as he opened it Narsha was there holding a plastic bag.

“I wanted to spare you some of the cooking so I brought some food. Plus I was on my way anyway so I decided to drop some food of for you guys.” Narsha said and entered. She saw the sweet moment that was happening between Yunho and Min Jeul.

“Aw! How sweet! I brought some food incase that’s not enough for you guys!” Narsha said and placed the plastic bag on the counter. She slowly brought out all of the food. Most of them being noodles since it were one of Min Jeul’s favorites.

“Oh!” Min Jeul said as she was looking at all of the food Narsha was bringing out. Changmin, Junsu and Yoochun came out as well. Jaejoong was still by the door looking depressed.

“Hey you! Come over here and start eating with us!” Narsha called Jaejoong.

“No thanks, I feel a little sleepy. I think I’m going to catch some more sleep.” Jaejoong said as he briskly walked inside their room. Narsha noticed the awkwardness that was happening around Jaejoong. She didn’t want to ask the others because obviously not all of them noticed. After a while Yoochun, Min Jeul, Changmin and Yunho were playing Monopoly in the living room while Junsu and Narsha were chatting. The best part of having Junsu around is that you can pretend he’s one of your girlfriends and gossip with him because he doesn’t mind and he feels very comfortable with it!

“What’s up with Jaejoong? Have you guys even noticed how strange he seems to be acting lately?” Narsha said. As Narsha was cleaning up she noticed some of the Kimchi trails along with the Mochi Rice trails and the open blender with mango skins around it and the half filled glass of juice.

“You know, he asked me about Min Jeul’s favorites last night and I mentioned some Kimchi, Mochi Rice with Edame Paste, Mango shake and orange juice.” Narsha said. She was slowly getting it.

“I don’t know anything about that. I think Jaejoong spent the whole night doing all of this because I don’t remember him entering the room last night.” Junsu said.

“I’m not accusing and pushing into theories but I can’t help but make one hypothesis about this all. Do you think by any chance Jaejoong has a thing for Min Jeul? I mean this wouldn’t be the first encounter we had. There was teenage boys who use to live in the same building as us and he always sent flowers and chocolate strawberries for Min Jeul.” Narsha said.

“Well maybe he does. But maybe… I don’t know… I’m a little confused at Jaejoong’s original feelings right now. But then again your hypothesis has a huge possibility hanging between it.” Junsu replied.