Chapter 5: Competition?

Wrong Number

Narsha and Junsu went to the living room to check on the rest. They both noticed that Min Jeul and Yunho were right next to each other. But Junsu also noticed something else, it seems like Yunho’s hand was on top of Min Jeul’s.

“So who’s winning?” Narsha asked.

“Changmin… He’s the only one who’s really good at this game anyway.” Yoochun said.

“Min Jeul, are you enjoying?” Narsha asked as she and Junsu sat on the couch behind them.

“Yeah! I’m having a lot of fun here! Miryo unni was right about you guys! You’re all so much fun to be with.” Min Jeul said.

“Aw, thank you.” Changmin said.

The night after Narsha left and Ga-In came but stayed for an hour then left. Min Jeul was watching T.V. in the living room and Yunho was already fast asleep in their room. Changmin was in the kitchen watching T.V. on the small T.V. there while eating a bucket of ice cream from the bucket itself and Yoochun was taking a warm bath. Jaejoong decided to watch some T.V. with Min Jeul.

“I haven’t seen you the whole day Jaejoong oppa.” Min Jeul said.

“I was in our room asleep. I wasn’t able to catch much sleep last night. But you did enjoy the food I made for you right?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yeah! It was really good! How did you know I liked those?” Min Jeul asked.

“Now, that’s a secret!” Jaejoong said playfully. Min Jeul giggled along with him.

“Do you want to take a walk with me outside?” Jaejoong asked.

“But it’s late oppa…” Min Jeul said.

“It’s 8:43 p.m. big deal. Let’s just take a small walk down the park. During the night the wind is very breezy.” Jaejoong said.

“Okay let’s go!” Min Jeul said. She changed and grabbed her coat and so did Jaejoong and they headed down the park just nearby.

They were walking and talking about each other’s lives and got a little serious.

“Jaejoong oppa, what’re your parents like?” Min Jeul brought up the topic he never wanted to discuss with anybody. But Jaejoong trusted Min Jeul so he decided to tell her a little bit about them anyway.

“Well… I have two parents you see…” Jaejoong started.

“Two? How can one person have two parents?” Min Jeul asked like the innocent person she was.

“My real mother gave me away when I was younger. She couldn’t really support me since there are 8 of us in the family. I’m the youngest and all of my other siblings are girls and I’m the only guy. She gave me away to a couple. They are considered my foster parents.” Jaejoong said.

“Foster parents?” Min Jeul said.

“Wow, you need to know a lot more. Well foster parents are the people who adopt other children and take them in as their own. They’re called foster parents because the child is a foster child. They aren’t really your parents but they are willing to take care of you as if you really came from them. That’s why my last name is Kim but my real last name is Han.” Jaejoong said.

“Oh! I understand. Was that hard for you oppa?” Min Jeul asked as they both sat down on the swing.

“Yes it is, cause I didn’t like the idea of my mother giving me away but no matter how much it hurts I’ll always love her because she’s my mother. Even if I keep saying I hate her deep inside I can’t hate her because a part of her is in me because I came from her womb. And I can’t really say she never loved me, because if she didn’t then she wouldn’t have given birth to me and I would’ve been unhealthy when I was born. But I am and look, I’m an artist now and not only my family loves me now but some other people do.” Jaejoong said.

Min Jeul smiled at everything Jaejoong said. It was touching yeah.

“So, where are your parents? I mean both of them.” Min Jeul asked.

“My real parents are at their home. My foster parents are too.” Jaejoong said.

“I miss having parents.” Min Jeul said as she stared out. Jaejoong looked at her and saw that a tear was falling down from her eye. Jaejoong wiped it with his hand and Min Jeul looked at him and chuckled. She wiped off her tears and looked away.

“This is nothing oppa.” Min Jeul said.

“No it’s not nothing. I know that you’re hurt so we should stop talking about this now because I’m getting hurt just seeing you cry.” Jaejoong said.

“I just don’t like it anymore. A lot of people I’ve met kept backing away from me. Just because of how I ended up being right now.” Min Jeul said as she was talking about her illness that everybody uses against her. Jaejoong looked down and decided that things were a lot more serious than he thought.

“Don’t worry. I’ll help you and I promise that.” Jaejoong said as he looked at Min Jeul. Min jeul turned her attention to the promising Jaejoong.

“Really oppa? You’d help me?” Min Jeul asked still in tears. Jaejoong wiped them off slowly and gently.

“Of course I will. I want to. I really do.” Jaejoong said.

After that night of tears, Min Jeul got up from her bed and went to the living room and sat on the couch. She continued to look outside and wonder what it was like if she lived alone. She wondered what it was like if she didn’t leave the house and walk down the streets. She wanted to know what her life would end up being if Miryo and the others didn’t take her in, or if she never met DBSK. Jaejoong noticed that she wasn’t in her bed so he got up and decided to look for her. He saw her in the dark with only the light from the moon outside flashing through the window of the living room.

“Why are you still up? You should go get some sleep Min Jeul. It’s bad to stay up late.” Jaejoong said.

“Well you’re up aren’t you oppa?” Min Jeul said. Jaejoong chuckled. He sat real close to Min Jeul.

“I don’t want to sleep yet. I don’t feel like it.” Min Jeul said softly and slowly.

“Is it because of what we talked about earlier at the park?” Jaejoong asked.

Min Jeul looked down and decided to nod it off. Jaejoong sighed. He pulled Min Jeul closer to him and she lay on his chest still with her eyes wide open and her still crying.

“Don’t think about it anymore. Just let it go. Wherever your parents are right now Min Jeul they are watching over you and they’re getting hurt every time you shed a tear so please stop crying.” Jaejoong said. He tried to wipe off Min Jeul’s tears but she pushed his hand away.

“Min Jeul…” Jaejoong said.

“I don’t want to think about it anymore oppa. Can I just sleep please?” Min Jeul said.

“Of course…” Jaejoong said. They both ended up sleeping on the couch together and their bodies in close contact with each other.

The next morning Jaejoong woke up to nobody laying on him anymore. He got up and nobody was in the other room as well. A letter was left on the counter.

Jae, we didn’t want to wake you up so we decided to go out and eat by ourselves. We’re sure you can cook by yourself. Cause if we decided to bring you home something you might not get it as early as you think cause we decided to go do some shopping. See you later! �“Yoochun

“They left me.” Jaejoong said. Jaejoong took a quick warm shower and changed into some clean clothes and grabbed his coat. He decided to follow them to the mall. He tried to call Yunho’s phone several times but nobody answered. If he tried to call Yoochun there’s no way he’d really answer, if it was Changmin he doubt that Changmin would feel his phone ringing and if it was Junsu he doesn’t even like bringing his phone. Jaejoong decided to walk around and find them anyway. He entered every shop the four boys loved to go to. He thought about girl shops since they’re with Min Jeul.

Jaejoong ended up finding them in a toy store, from where Min Jeul and Yunho were. Changmin was looking at some of the huge teddy bears with Yoochun and they were playing with it like little boys. Junsu was looking at some of the bunnies and Yunho was with Min Jeul looking at the small figurines. Min Jeul being the sharp eyed one spotted Jaejoong and yelled out his name. Jaejoong walked in.

“You guys are here again? I thought you’ve bought every single item the store offered?” Jaejoong joked.

“Nope.” Min Jeul said and giggled after.

“The shop always has new products every day. We found out that Min Jeul always goes here whenever the girls are out.” Yunho said.

“That explains why.” Jaejoong said.

“Please don’t tell them or my hide out will be ruined.” Min Jeul pleaded. The two boys placed their finger on their lips and Jaejoong winked at that point as well. Min Jeul giggled. She ran towards Junsu and she showed him the figurine.

“You two were sleeping on the couch earlier. What’s up with that?” Yunho asked.

“What do you mean? She fell asleep…” Jaejoong said.

“In that position you had last night?” Yunho asked. Being a little more strict Jaejoong was little confused at how he was acting.

“What’re you trying to say Yunho?” Jaejoong asked.

“All I’m saying is be careful Jae. Unless you want to put our names on the line.” Yunho said.

Jaejoong chuckled.

“What’re you really trying to say? Say it out now. I don’t mind.” Jaejoong said.

“Whatever your planning just stop it.” Yunho said.

“I really don’t get what you’re saying, so unless you make things clearer I won’t understand a single word you’re telling me.” Jaejoong said.

“I know you like her. So don’t try to build up an intense or closer relationship with her. You’re pushing your limit. Remember, she’s only staying with us because this was a favor from Ga-In, Narsha and Miryo.” Yunho said.

“Look who’s talking. You seem to have things under your sleeve. It’s the other way around Yunho.” Jaejoong said.

“I kept my limit to its verge. So don’t say I’m pushing my boundaries because I know when I am.” Yunho said.

“Watch your mouth because you may have been living with for years now but you don’t have the right to do that to me. Get over yourself Yunho. You’re full of it Mr. Nice Guy.” Jaejoong said and he got pissed off with what Yunho said. Yunho was clearly blaming him for trying to build up a relationship with Min Jeul which was true but for Jaejoong it seemed like Yunho came first. To him it seemed like Yunho was the one who was trying to push the limit and build a closer status with Min Jeul. But of course Jaejoong didn’t like how Yunho seems to have blamed him.