Chapter 42: Losing An Unborn Treasure

Wrong Number

 

Yoochun didn’t want to waste another minute trying to get Miryo to understand what he was trying to say. He went back inside and Miryo was left outside. She decided to cry it all out. She felt so much stress from the issues that have been rising up.

The night has arrived. Narsha, Changmin, Ga-In, Junsu and Ricky decided to hit back home. Miryo and Yoochun were left to take care of Min Jeul for the night, while Jaejoong made a volunteer of course. Jaejoong fell asleep and Min Jeul fell asleep as well. Yoochun and Miryo felt so uncomfortable that neither of them could even keep their eyes shut.

Miryo tried to count sheeps and tried other techniques to fall asleep but all were a bunch of failures. Yoochun just tried to use his laptop to distract himself from Miryo but from time to time he couldn’t help but glance. These two surely take a while before they can forgive and forget.

Miryo got up, she couldn’t take it anymore so she left the room and decided to take a walk outside. Yoochun just sat there looking really stupid. He didn’t know what to do. He really wanted Miryo to forgive him and he wanted to finally make-up with her for all the issues that have been happening.

Another night has passed and the morning was there to greet them all. Jaejoong went back home for a while to take a shower, as soon as Miryo and Yoochun woke up they both exited the room and sat outside on the chairs to talk.

“Should we tell her?” Miryo asked looking completely stressed out.

“If we tell her what do you think will be the first thing to hit her mind?” Yoochun asked obviously looking the same as Miryo.

“What do you think? I don’t want to tell them. Neither do I want to keep it from them. Either way they’ll find out somehow.” Miryo said.

“Yeah…” Yoochun mumbled to himself.

A couple more days passed and the doctor was coming back and forth asking them if they were ready. But the same answer came out. They were definitely not ready and neither did they have a decision. They haven’t even told Min Jeul about it. Until Miryo decided to tell because she couldn’t stand it anymore.

That day, Jaejoong, Narsha, Changmin, Junsu, Ga-In, Yunho and everyone else was there. They were all ready to hear what the two, Yoochun and Miryo, was going to tell them. Yunho remind quiet towards where he was sitting. Everybody had their focus on the two standing there. They kept nudging each other trying to say to one another to tell but they both couldn’t and were trying not to.

“Would you two stop nudging each other and just tell us?” Narsha said a little grumpy.

“Are you two dating now?” Ga-In said out of the blue.

“NO!” the two replied in a shout and all of them were pushed back towards this.

“But obviously Miryo wants to keep me to herself.” Yoochun said trying to be all cool but Miryo punched his stomach.

“I guess I’ll have to say it since Mr. Smart here is in deep pain.” Miryo said still with her fist clenched. Miryo cleared and let out a deep breath. She tried to prepare herself.

Even though it seemed as if they were exaggerating about the whole situation they know that even the reaction and reasons would be a complete exaggeration based on the past things that had been happening to them over the months.

“Min Jeul…” Miryo began trying to spit out everything.

“The doctor talked to me, Yoohwan and Yoochun. Apparently…” Miryo continued.

“Min Jeul has to abort the baby inside of her.” Miryo said and all of them were in the state of shock.

Changmin bit his lip, Min Jeul was about to cry, Jaejoong was busy looking at Min Jeul, Narsha and Ga-In had a really shocked reaction and Yunho was already crying. Yoochun’s parents were just quiet and so was Yoochun and Ricky himself. They didn’t know what to say to each other at that point. Min Jeul’s tears finally broke down.

Miryo felt the complete burden onto herself. She wanted to cry too but she knew that would never answer anything. Jaejoong just stayed quiet while looking down on the ground. This time if it wasn’t about Min Jeul, it was about her baby. Although it was still a part of her.

“Wh-why does she have to get an abortion?” Ga-In asked trying to hold back her tears.

“Because…” Miryo began.

She tried to bring the words out of . She didn’t show a single sign of tears but she desperately wanted to cry right now. She couldn’t answer back on what Ga-In asked. She cleared and opened but nothing came out. Miryo looked at them and then she knew she couldn’t take it anymore. Miryo looked on the ground and then ran outside.

Yoochun just watched as she left, all of them did. Min Jeul kept on crying and Yunho was still crying quietly in his personal corner on the lounging chair. Yoochun ran outside and caught up with Miryo on the ground embracing her legs together and crying. Yoochun squatted down and hugged Miryo. He didn’t even think if she would hit him. And to his surprise, she didn’t even lay a single finger on him.

The day passed and Min Jeul stopped crying. She was still crying a little. Jaejoong just kept brushing his fingers through her hair and kept looking at her. Min Jeul was dazed into her own world thinking of her suppose to be baby. Everybody was quiet. Changmin decided to take a walk outside with Ga-In to clear out some of the bad air.

Miryo went back home with Yoochun because she needed all the rest. Yunho went back to the hotel too and decided to rest as well. Narsha went shopping with Yoochun’s mother to relieve the stress they were feeling while Yoochun’s dad went back to work and Ricky stayed at the hospital to watch over Min Jeul along with Jaejoong.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everybody was feeling all the stress. Changmin and Ga-In stopped by the park after going to the amusement park to relieve a little stress. They were eating snow cones while walking around and looking at all the happy go lucky people at the park. They stayed under the shade of the tree and Ga-In hugged her legs closer to her chest looking depressed. Changmin saw her facial expression and sat next to her.

“Changmin ah…” Ga-In called out and Changmin turned his attention to Ga-In who seemed too quiet.

“Why is this happening to all of us?” Ga-In asked.

“What do you mean?” Changmin asked.

“All of this… The problems, Min Jeul’s sickness and everything. Why is this all happening? Is there like some kind of person doing this to us? What did we do wrong that we had to be punished with these things?” Ga-In asked really depressed and stressed out.

“It’s life you know. It happens to everybody not just us. Don’t you watch T.V. or go watch movies or something?” Changmin said. Ga-In found it rude and punched him really hard.

“Hey!” Changmin whined.

“Those are movies and TV shows! They’re scripted Changmin! How should I know that life was going to be like that?” Ga-In questioned while looking really angry at Changmin.

“Not my fault! I don’t predict the future or know everything you know! My knowledge is limited!” Changmin said.

“Yeah right, like you have one.” Ga-In backfired.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The doctor passed by the hospital and was about to ask what the decision was and Ricky told him that the decision hasn’t been decided yet. The following day Yoochun and Miryo went back to consult with the doctor.

“Is there really no other way?” Miryo asked and the doctor shook his head. Miryo sighed and let out a deep and hot air from her breath and she felt completely hopeless. Yoochun saw how tired she was and wanted to help out.

“But, isn’t it, killing somebody or killing a part of her if we abort the child inside of her? It hasn’t been that long since she was pregnant.” Yoochun said.

“But that’s how it is Mr. Park. I just don’t think there is any other way.” The doctor said.

“Think? You just think about this? You don’t research this stuff or at least put effort in it? Isn’t it your job to save people’s lives and not kill it or kill another life for someone else? Aren’t you suppose to kill two birds with one stone?” Yoochun said and moved back a little realizing that the words he used wasn’t completely right nor proper.

“I understand how hard you’re all feeling. I know that it’s very painful for you and most especially for the patient herself. Yes, it is my job to save people’s lives and not kill it. Killing two birds with one stone, will be very hard to deal with in Min Jeul’s condition. Her condition is very rare too, it’s my first time to pass by this kind of situation. I graduated but before I did I learned everything and most especially about conditions like this. But I just can’t find a way to help you save her and the child inside of her. It has to be gone when she’s in the process of healing.” The doctor further explained.

Miryo just had her face buried into the palm of both of her hands. She was hopeless, stressed, tired and completely clueless. If she was superwoman she would have gone through everything with more strength. If she was a magician she would magically Min Jeul all by herself. But she was not either of the two.

Two weeks have passed ever since their consultation with the doctor and the breaking of the news to everyone. Things were still quiet and nevertheless stressful. Everybody can still feel the burden but they had no other choice but to abort the child.

The day has come and the only noise from the hospital was coming from Min Jeul’s room. She was trying to fight back towards the nurses and her doctor to not abort her child but they had to. The room was a complete mess and everybody was stressing out.

Ga-In was with Changmin trying to hide her face, trying to close her eyes and cover her ears. She didn’t want to listen to the screaming pain that Min Jeul was getting out. Changmin just had his eyes wide open and he had a shocked face seeing all of this happening right in front of him.

Yoochun’s parents didn’t want to see this and decided not to be there during the day it was to happen. Narsha stayed at the corner and prayed in her head. Yunho was facing the floor but it was visible for everyone to see his tears dropping on the floor.

Jaejoong stayed next to Min Jeul holding her hand but looking away as well. He didn’t want to see Min Jeul’s face crying and calling Jaejoong’s name asking for him to help her out but Jaejoong couldn’t do anything but look away and cry a little knowing how much in pain Min Jeul was in again. Miryo was just crying at the corner and Yoochun was trying his best to comfort her.

When it all ended, Min Jeul was asleep from getting really tired. Jaejoong just kept looking at her quietly staring at her sleep. She was like an obsession to him now. Narsha and Ga-In went back home. Changmin went out with Ricky to try and ease their minds. Miryo fell asleep on the couch and Yoochun watched her as well. He finally stood up after looking at Miryo closely.

“She’ll be fine, don’t get all worried Jaejoong.” Yoochun said.

“I’m trying not to but every time she cries and holds up a sad face…. I always think she’s in pain… unless I see her gorgeous smile it’s hard not to get worried at all.” Jaejoong confessed.

“I know how you feel.” Yoochun said and chuckled a little. Jaejoong turned around to look at him. He was curious to know how Yoochun seems to know how Jaejoong feels.

“What do you mean?” Jaejoong asked.

“Well… For one… I really… I never even knew it but, I really like Miryo. Yeah she’s bossy and pushy and other ty stuff like that but she’s for real. And… She seems really tough. Hard to find that in a girl you know. I don’t like seeing how much she’s suffering because of how much she really cares for Min Jeul.” Yoochun said.

“When she told me once that Min Jeul was like a daughter to her, I found it really sweet but a little ed up coming from her considering how I knew she was before. But, being with her through these kinds of things I guess I’m realizing a bit that she really treats Min Jeul like family. I don’t know why she does but whatever the reason is, I don’t really need to know it anymore.” Yoochun said.

He was not looking at Jaejoong when he was telling him all about it. But instead, he was looking at Miryo who was sleeping soundly on the couch. He saw how relaxed she seemed, and he rarely sees that from her now. He was very happy to know how relaxed she seems. Jaejoong looked closely at Yoochun’s face. It was all calm and it seemed like Yoochun wanted to smile but he wouldn’t budge.

Jaejoong turned to Min Jeul and began to think of all the things they’ve been through. How much pain they got throughout the days that have passed on. The pain that they were all feeling. He was curious to know how Yunho was feeling. He hated him still but he wanted to know if he was alright. The baby that was killed was not only Min Jeul’s after all, but was also his.

Even if deep inside Jaejoong’s heart was filled with hatred towards Yunho and it was closing up on him, he still felt bad for what happened. That was a part of Yunho that was inside Min Jeul’s as well and if it lived maybe Yunho wouldn’t feel bad about losing Min Jeul who he has also fallen in love with. Jaejoong wanted to find a way to help but it was too late for that and there was no way he can help anymore.

The following day, it was bright and early in the morning. Jaejoong was still asleep and Yoochun was too. Miryo was already up and Min Jeul was too. Min Jeul was quiet while eating and so was Miryo. Narsha and Ga-In came in.

“Good morning all!” Ga-In said trying to cheer the mood up that seemed very dark lately.

“Min Jeul ah, please smile! I bought something for you!” Ga-In said and pulled out a huge pink paper bag with ruffles on it. She pulled out a teddy bear and Min Jeul just let out a cute innocent pout like look.

“I bought this for you. Me and Narsha unni did actually. We wanted to make you smile bright today so we bought you something while we were out.” Ga-In said with a bright smile on her face.

Min Jeul held the teddy bear as she stopped eating. She just looked at it and memories began to flash back to her. She was slowly lifting a smile. When she finally did, she face the three girls who were there next to her waiting for her to smile. As they saw that smile on her face they had a smile of relief on theirs. They were glad to see Min Jeul’s smile again.

“You look very beautiful when you sleep. And you look beautiful more and more every second you smile like that Min Jeul. I’m sure Jaejoong loves seeing you smile like that.” Narsha said and Min Jeul looked over at Jaejoong who was fast asleep but still cute while sleeping.

Min Jeul smiled as she looked at him and turned back to the three and nodded her head.

“Please always remember to smile Min Jeul. Forever keep that smile please.” Ga-In said with a pleasing voice.

“Show Jaejoong that smile and I’m sure he’ll smile back. And when you see him smile for sure you will smile even wider.” Miryo said.

“Thank you.” Min Jeul said with a creaky voice.

All four of them hugged each other and as they let go someone opened the door.