Chapter 21: The Pain

Wrong Number

Jaejoong didn't know what phone number to call Min Jeul back in the states. Yoochun's number was changed and Miryo left her phone in Korea. Countless days of not being able to have contact with Yoochun, Miryo or Min Jeul he thought it was really unfair.

Jaejoong went into the living room to approach Yunho, who was preoccupied playing Halo on the Xbox all by himself cause Changmin was with Junsu grocery shopping and Yoochun was not around.

"Yunho, do you know Yoochun's new number? Or any number back their in America? I want to talk to Min Jeul really bad." Jaejoong said.

"Sorry Jae, don't know." Yunho said biting his lower lip because of the intense feeling he was getting from the game.

Jaejoong sighed and went to their room depressed. As soon as the door shut Yunho paused the game and placed the controller down and placed his hands together. He lied about not knowing the number, he did know how to contact Yoochun at this time. But he didn't want to give it because of the incident.

Back in their room Jaejoong just sat on his bed staring at the ceiling. With a huge frown on his face. Jaejoong really wanted to talk to Min Jeul even if she had no idea who he was right now. Jaejoong was completely scarred with a deep cut through his heart. He has never felt this sad ever in his life. Not even when he found out about his mother giving him away. Jaejoong just wanted to cry everything out. He wanted to just cry all the pain away. But he knew even if he did the pain wouldn't go away.

In America on the other hand, Min Jeul and the others were having so much fun. Yoochun was still worried and so was Miryo but they didn't want to show Min Jeul. They were all busy playing some childish games wtih Ricky. All of a sudden Yoochun's phone rings and he excuses himself and goes to the bathroom.

"Hello Yunho? What is it?" Yoochun answered.

"Jaejoong was asking for your number earlier. Didn't give it, lied about it rather. Told him I didn't know, but.... That's not why I called." Yunho said.

"Then why'd you call? Something bad happen there?" Yoochun asked.

"No no, nothing bad has happened here. Its just.... The look I see on Jaejoong's face right now is terrible. I expected him to smile about Min Jeul's safety there but I guess not. I just don't like seeing him like this anymore. I mean, Junsu and Changmin are deeply worried about him and they don't know how to make him happy. Changmin has tried everything and so has Junsu. We're practically killing ourselves here. Is there any progress with her memory towards Jaejoong at all?" Yunho said.

"No, no progress at all. I think if we force it into her memory something bad will happen. We want to take things real slow first. It will take a while before Jaejoong can smile again. For all we know he might not ever... When I searched about bringing a piece of memory back to a person who has amnesia, apparently its hard work and most of the time it doesn't even work." Yoochun said and Yunho sighed with depression and lose of hope.

"Damn... Our problems never end." Yunho said as he slouched on the couch and Yoochun sighed leaning on the wall of the bathroom.

"I know." Yoochun said and he accidentally laid back on the light switch and the lights turned off as he was facing the mirror and he screamed.

"What the..!? What's wrong Yoochun?!" Yunho panicked. Yoochun stood straight and turned the lights back on. He looked around the small bathroom.

"Umm, uh, nothing. Just the light switch. Accidentally leaned on it heh..." Yoochun said and Yunho just wanted to kill him.

"Don't ever scream for those little things Yoochun please." Yunho said

"That was not a little thing! What if I was to be kidnapped while the lights were turned off?" Yoochun said.

"Then don't freakin' lean on the light switch! Of all places you can lean on it had to be near the light switch!" Yunho said blaming Yoochun for his own fault.

"Stop blaming me! It isn't my fault I leaned on the switch!" Yoochun said raising his voice.

"Stop shouting at me!" Yunho said shouting back at Yoochun.

"Then stop shouting at me first!" Yoochun said.

"What the? Whatever! I'm going back to playing Halo!" Yunho yelled.

"Fine! Be that way!" Yoochun said and they both hanged up. Then they both had a realization of how stupid they were.

"Why did we just fight over something pointless?" Yoochun said to himself.

"Why did... Never mind... Wasn't my fault anyway..." Yunho said and went back to playing his game.

Yoochun left the bathroom and went back to the others.

"Who was that?" Ricky asked

"Yunho." he replied

"Yunho oppa? Really? Why didn't you let me talk to him. I wanted to talk to him." Min Jeul said.

"I'm sorry Min Jeul. I didn't know. Next time, when he calls again I'll let him talk to you." Yoochun said

As the night passed on in Korea Jaejoong fell asleep the whole day. Changmin and Junsu came back.

"What took you guys so long? I was about to call." Yunho said as he got up from the couch. Changmin placed the things they bought on the counter.

"Fan girls." Changmin said exhausted.

"I think I'll pass on dinner tonight." Changmin said which made a huge gasp on Yunho and Junsu. Which was a complete exaggeration.

"Oh no! Are you serious about not eating Changmin?" Junsu teased.

"Shut up." Changmin said and they both laughed. Changmin went into the bed room and as he opened the door he started to enter quietly seeing Jaejoong asleep.

"Hey Changmin! Is Jaejoong still there?" Yunho yelled out from the kitchen as he was helping Junsu fix them properly in the kitchen cupboards.

"Yeah!" Changmin yelled

"Is he still alive?" Junsu asked and him and Yunho chuckled.

"Yeah, he still is." Changmin replied. Changmin looked at Jaejoong. Although he may not see it in his sleeping face, Changmin knew how depressed his hyung was and this brought him down one more time. Changmin's suddenly lost his interest of sleeping and left the bedroom as he slowly closed the door behind him with a depressed facial expression.

"What's wrong?" Junsu asked as he and Yunho turned to face the tall man.

"Jaejoong hyung..." Changmin said as he stood there. Yunho and Junsu looked at each other and sighed.

"Don't worry about him too much. The more he'll get depressed. Come on! Let's eat!" Yunho said as he approached Changmin and patted his back.

In America it was day light. Early in the morning to be exact. Min Jeul was awake and was sitting up her bed. She had her knees close to her chest and she wrapped her arms around her legs. She stared out the beautiful morning view from the window. Yoochun was snoring on the couch and Miryo was on the extra bed at the side next to the window. Min Jeul slowly got up from her bed and brought along with her dextrose. She opened the door quietly and poked her head out looking at the white hall way. Noise can be heard from the other side. Min Jeul turned back to look at the two who were sleeping.

She decided to take a small walk. Min Jeul left the room. Lucky for her nobody was at the nurse's station. She went down the elevator and went to the garden at the back of the hospital. A lot of people were there with their sick loved ones. Most of them were on wheelchairs. Some of the patients were alone. Min Jeul approached the mini bridge by the small pond. She stared out the pond and looked at the small fishes swimming around. Min Jeul began to think about what really happened to her.

Out of nowhere Yunho suddenly crossed her mind as she was scanning through her thoughts and trying to remember what she knew about the others. When Yunho came across a smile marked her face and she saw her reflection on the water. She stopped smiling and left a blank face. She began thinking why all of a sudden she smiled. She felt something strange from her stomach. She felt butterflies. All of a sudden she could feel herself blushing. She didn't understand why.

Do I like Yunho oppa? What is he really to me? Why do I suddenly feel this? Why'd I smile when his name crossed my mind?

Min Jeul began to think and her eyes widened a little and she squinted. Min Jeul shook her head. She went back to the hospital room and Miryo woke up as she closed the door.

"Min Jeul, did you leave the room?" Miryo asked and she nodded her head.

"Why didn't you wake me up? Where did you go?" Miryo asked as she stretched herself up form the bed.

"I went to the garden at the back. Just for a while then I came back here." Min Jeul explained as she approached her bed. She hanged her dextrose back and gently got back up the bed with Miryo's support.

"Well don't ever leave without me okay? Don't ever leave this room without anybody." Miryo said and Min Jeul nodded her head. Their attention turned to Yoochun as he snore got louder.

"Aish! He's the reason I woke up!" Miryo said and she walked briskly towards Yoochun. She grabbed the pillow that fell on the ground and began hitting Yoochun as if he did something really wrong to Miryo again.

Yoochun awoke from the hitting and was confused.

"Wha-What?! Why are you hitting me?! Stop it! It hurts Miryo! What did I do now?! Why are you always picking on me?!" Yoochun questioned as he was shielding himself with his arms.

"You kept snoring! I thought a plane passed by! I woke up becaus of you! I was having sweet dreams about Lee Jun Ki and all of a sudden it goes away because of your stupid snoring!" Miryo said as she suddenly came to a stop on hitting Yoochun.

"Well don't blame me! I don't control my snore you know! And what do I care about your wet dreams about Lee Jun Ki!" Yoochun yelled back.

"Ugh!" Miryo was shocked and smacked Yoochun with the pillow hard one more time.

"They are not wet dreams!" Miryo yelled.

"Stop hitting me! Yes they are! Otherwise why would you wake up with dried saliva marks on your cheeks!" Yoochun teased Miryo and she blushed as she touched her cheeks. Yoochun wanted to laugh but Miryo got pissed before that and began hitting him again and Yoochun began begging her to stop. Min Jeul laughed at the site and a knock was heard from the door and they all turned their attention there.

"Nurse!" the nurse yelled from outside the door.

"Come in!" Miryo said and smacked Yoochun one last time before going to the bathroom to wash herself.

"I'm here to just check on you." the nurse said and Min Jeul gave a soft small nod. The nurse began to check on Min Jeul, her blood pressure and other procedures went through. Miryo came out of the bathroom.

"Will the doctor do his rounds today?" Min Jeul asked.

"Oh yes, he might do his rounds today." the nurse replied and left the room.

"Why are you looking for the doctor? You have a crush on him or something?" Yoochun teased and Miryo showed her fist to Yoochun who backed up a little.

"Don't make me hurt you Park Yoochun! Cause I will and no mercy will be given! And no I do not have a crush on that doctor! For all we know he's practically pass the age of 60!" Miryo said and Min Jeul giggled.

============================================================================

Author's Note: Was it good so far? Please do let me know ^__^