Chapter 23: Yunho's Trip And Jaejoong's Words

Wrong Number

Jaejoong wasn't around when they guys were discussing. Why? That's cause he was out at the park. He was taking a stroll down. Jaejoong then stops and lays on the grass. He looks up at the stars and closes his eyes. Flashbacks from the times he spent with Min Jeul were passing by. Jaejoong felt the pain come in once more. His chest felt heavy and tears were forming. Jaejoong stood up slowly from the ground and stared at the grass.

Back in America, even on daylight Min Jeul was laying on her bed thinking about Yunho. For some reason a little crush was forming. She didn't understand why. She began giggling and blushing at the thoughts of Yunho. But it saddens her because she can't see him. She wants to be, at this point she can't because she's stuck here in America.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12:13 noon

"So how's she?" Yunho asked as he placed some ketchup on what he was eating. He was out having lunch with Yoochun and Miryo.

"We just told you that already..." Yoochun said as he looked at Yunho. Miryo slapped his head hard form behind.

"I'll just pretend you did that out of love which I know you did." Yoochun said as he gave a grin to Miryo who had an irritated face. Miryo let out a sigh and looked back at Yunho while trying to stay calm not wanting to make a scene with Yoochun at the restaurant.

"She's fine. When we left she seemed okay. Although..." Miryo said as she suddenly stopped. The two stop eating and then looked at her.

"Although?" Yunho said as he place the chopsticks down.

"She told me something before we left. While I was packing my things." Miryo said.

"What did she tell you?" Yoochun asked.

"She told me about something she felt while at the hospital's garden. She said that she was trying to remember some people and she told me that she could feel her heart beat really fast and she felt butterflies in her stomach when your name crossed her mind Yunho." Miryo said as she stopped eating as well but looking away from Yunho.

Yunho had a little bit of a shocked reaction and at the same time confused one too. Things were turning upside down and there was no one to explain why.

"Did she say anything else?" Yunho asked.

"She actually asked me if she had a relationship with you before her accident. I told her that you both shared a brother sister type of relationship." Miryo said and decided to stuff food inside because she wasn't even sure if she should be telling Yunho this.

"Is it okay if I visit her in America?" Yunho asked and this caught the attention of both Yoochun and Miryo. Their eyes widened a bit wondering why Yunho wanted to go there.

"Wha-what? Why would you want to go there?" Yoochun asked and Miryo once again slapped him from his stupidity.

"I want to visit her. I want to see what her reaction would be. I want to know if she really remembers me. And I want to know what way she remembers me." Yunho said clarifying things a little bit. Miryo and Yoochun looked at each other.

"I guess it's okay. But..." Miryo said but apparently Yunho didn't want to pay attention to her last words. He grabbed his wallet and paid for his part of lunch.

"I'm going to book a flight for tomorrow. I want to get there by then." Yunho said and got up and went out. It was too late for Miryo to stop him at that time since he's already left in his car.

"What should we do now?" Yoochun asked.

"I don't know. It isn't like she'll be in danger if Yunho visits her anyway." Miryo said.

"What if something happens? What about Jaejoong? I didn't see him last night." Yoochun said.

"I don't know. Stop barricading me with questions I can't answer!" Miryo said raising her voice a bit. Then she settled down when she noticed people were looking at them.

"Sorry..." Miryo whispered.

Jaejoong came back home at around 2:38 p.m.

"Where have you been? Did you come home last night by the way?" Junsu asked while sitting on the couch eating cereal with Changmin while watching some T.V.

"No, I spent the night at the park." Jaejoong said as he took his coat off. This was a little shocker for the two cereal eating boys.

"The park? You slept at the park like one of those poor bums?" Changmin asked with some cereal still inside his mouth.

"Yeah, so?" Jaejoong said. He then began to take his shirt of as he got inside their room. He picked out some clothes and grabbed his towel and hit the shower.

"Obviously someone saw him if he slept at the park." Junsu said trying to worry about their public image.

"Don't worry, for sure they didn't notice it was him." Changmin said and at that same time Yunho came in.

"Yo! How was lunch with Yoochun and Miryo?" Junsu asked.

"Fine. I'm going to America to visit Min Jeul." Yunho said his voice a little loud. This Jaejoong heard and he decided not to stop the shower. He just let the water spray down on him while he listened to their conversation.

"You're going where? Like, tomorrow? Isn't that a little too fast?" Junsu asked.

"Can I come?" Changmin asked.

"No, sorry, I already booked my flight and I leave in the morning tomorrow. I'm going to start packing now." Yunho said as he went directly into their room not entertaining any of their questions anymore.

Jaejoong continued to bathe and it was a little disturbing just hearing the conversation. Later that night Jaejoong decided to sneak into something. The boys slept extra early. Really early in fact. Junsu needed to be up and bright because he had an interview with his brother Junho tomorrow while Changmin was to visit his parents. Yunho of course needed to leave to get to the airport early in the morning. Jaejoong was still up and he tried to go through Yunho's stuff trying to find a phone number or something. He finally found Yunho's phone and wrote down the number. He went out and grabbed their phone and started to dial. Service came up and he gave the address. Finally he was connected and a voice from the other line was heard. It was a young man's voice. It was Ricky.

"Umm..." Jaejoong began being a little nervous. He then hanged up because he got scared. He clutched the phone tighter into his hard grip and threw the phone to the couch.

"Hello? Hello?" Ricky said trying to see if anybody was on the other line. He hanged up and headed back to the table where the others were having breakfast.

"Who was that?" Mrs. Park asked.

"I don't know, wasn't answering." Ricky said.

"We have caller ID anyway. We'll just redial later." Mr. Park said.

"So are you excited for next week Min Jeul?" Mrs. Park asked.

"Next week?... Oh! You mean school? Yes I am. I can't wait." Min Jeul said. Part of her healing progress was also part of her mental progress. So far Min Jeul's mental ability was getting better than the usual.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once the morning shined it was time for Yunho to leave. Yunho was packing some minor things and Jaejoong came out of nowhere. He leaned in a y pose towards the door's frame.

"Where are you going?" Jaejoong asked.

"Where have you been?" Yunho asked back.

"I asked you first. Where are you going?" Jaejoong asked once more. Yunho stood up from his squatting position and sighed deeply.

"I'm going to America to see Min Jeul. That's where I'm going. Now answer my question. Where have you been?" Yunho asked.

"Min Jeul....." Jaejoong said softly as he looked down and frowned.

"I didn't want to tell you because I knew that would be your reaction." Yunho said.

"Why are you going to Min Jeul?" Jaejoong asked.

"Is it wrong?" Yunho asked as he continued to pack his things.

"No... But why are you hiding it from me?" Jaejoong asked and that made Yunho stopped whatever he was doing. Yunho couldn't dare look at Jaejoong because he was afraid that he knew the truth.

"It hurts... It hurts a lot... I wish every night... I pray every night... Hoping she was fine, and that... She'd finally remember me." Jaejoong said,

BAM!

The last four words Jaejoong said, were the four words that woke Yunho up and made him feel the heavy guilt he never wanted to feel. At this point it was going to be hard to face Jaejoong. He doesn't know how he'll even talk to him.

"I hope that by now she does..." Jaejoong said and walked away. Yunho turned back hoping to catch him but he wasn't there anymore. Yunho looked down. He didn't like the idea of what was happening to Jaejoong. The depression was more intense. It was getting deeper for him. Slowly the pain was poking through him. This Yunho can't even stand... The sight of someone who's practically a brother to him... Just...................It was painful.......

 

=============================================================================

 

Will try to update again tomorrow :3 tomorrow is our sports fest so I'll be quite tired... hopefully I will update but i surely won't keep this fic hanging! please do comment ^^ to let me know somebody actually reads this.