Chapter 28: I'm Sorry

Wrong Number

 

“Yoochun! Stop stealing my food! Aish!” Junsu said as he was trying to nudge away Yoochun who kept butting in his chopsticks into Junsu’s Korean pancake.

“Ya! Share!” Yoochun demanded and they kept fighting over it and it was starting to annoy the others.

“Here here! Have mine so you can keep your mouth shut!” Miryo said and placed her chopsticks with Korean pancakes on them near Yoochun’s face. The others stared at her and she looked at them.

“What?” Miryo asked.

“Nothing.” The all answered and Yoochun ate it before Miryo looked back. Changmin then grabbed Ga-In and Junsu to turned around and huddle to whisper.

“Do you really think they like each other mutually?” Changmin asked.

“I don’t know but that’s what I got from Miryo.” Ga-In said.

“I think it’s very cute though.” Junsu said.

“You’re not jealous at all?” Ga-In asked.

“Jealous? Why? Should I be?” Junsu asked a little shocked.

“Well, aren’t you a couple? YooSu?” Ga-In said and Junsu grabbed her nose and started squishing it.

“Shut up!” Junsu said and they turned back but he still had his hand on her nose and Ga-In was trying to take it off.

“Stop that I can’t eat.” Changmin complained because Junsu’s arm was in front of him. Junsu then stopped and him and Ga-In glared at each other.

“I wonder how the others are in America. I want to go to America and visit Min Jeul this is totally unfair.” Ga-In complained as she began to eat her Tokoroten.

“You’ll have your turn too don’t worry.”Miryo said while eating her Tokoroten. Some liquid from the Tokoroten was at the side of her lips and Yoochun noticed. He grabbed his napkin and started wiping it off and the others as well as Miryo looked at him.

A moment from the two was sparkling and Ga-In wanted to squeal, as if she was watching a romantic drama. Junsu on the other hand found it really cute and couldn’t stop smiling like an idiot. Changmin had a different reaction, although he wants to support it. He found it disgusting because Yoochun used that napkin earlier to wipe off his boogers.

“Ya, hyung, didn’t you use that to wipe your nose earlier?” Changmin said and as soon as Miryo heard that and Yoochun realized that their eyes grew. Miryo slapped Yoochun’s hand away. Yoochun gave a loud sound of pain and started to cradle his hand.

“You are so disgusting Park Yoochun! Ugh! I have snot all over my lips ew!” Miryo said as she grabbed her napkin and began to wipe it off. She stood up from her place and went to the restroom.

“I’ll follow her.” Ga-In said and chased after Miryo.

Yoochun was left with Junsu and Changmin. Yoochun kept on glaring at the two.

“What? At least I reminded you hyung. Wasn’t that the right thing to do?” Changmin said and went back to eat. And Yoochun decided to glare at Junsu.

“Stop glaring at me.” Junsu complained and Yoochun slammed the napkin on the table.

“Ya! Mind your own business next time! Aish!” Yoochun said and went back to eat.

While in the bathroom Miryo kept wiping her face with water and tissues as well as her napkin. Ga-In came in.

“Ya! That was some romance right there!” Ga-In teased as she laughed.

“Romance? He wiped my face with a napkin he used to wipe his nose! That is gross!” Miryo said.

“Don’t complain! He probably forgot. And it was nice of him to even wipe your face. I think it was a very very adorable thing.” Ga-In said.

“Whatever.” Miryo said. Ga-In went near Miryo who kept staring at the mirror. Ga-In hugged Miryo from behind, the usual thing they do since they treat each other as sisters.

“Unni, do you like Yoochun oppa?” Ga-In asked and Miryo had a look on her face. She was pouting and she didn’t know what to say. She likes Yoochun but she keeps thinking that Yoochun doesn’t even like her the way she does.

“I don’t know.” Miryo said.

“Don’t lie unni, I know you do.” Ga-In said.

“Don’t tell him!” Miryo suddenly yelled.

“Okay okay! No need to yell, sheesh.” Ga-In said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Don’t lie to me… I already know… Just come out and say it Narsha.” Yunho said. Min Jeul was too busy playing with her PSP to be paying attention to the conversation the two were having. Yunho just kept glaring at Narsha. He wanted her to just spit it out and finally tell the truth.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about. Leave me alone.” Narsha said and Min Jeul finally gave in attention.

“What are you talking about?” Min Jeul asked as she looked both sides.

“Me and Narsha were just exchanging words. We were talking about what you did yesterday with her.” Yunho said. It may seem wrong but he had a feeling that Min Jeul will jive into the conversation and finally tell everything that happened yesterday.

“Oh? Yesterday was fun! I met Narsha unni’s friend.” Min Jeul said.

“His name is-” Min Jeul was about to blurt it out with happiness when Narsha just suddenly grabbed her and covered . She did it in a careless way which hurt Min Jeul a bit. Min Jeul was mumbling for her to stop covering because it was getting painful. Yunho could tell from Min Jeul’s eyes that she was getting hurt

Yunho grabbed Narsha’s hand and made her stand up with him, thus, Min Jeul falling on her back. As Narsha and Yunho stood up he was still gripping into Narsha’s hands.

“Let go of me!” Narsha yelled and Yunho did exactly what she said. But he pushed her off and Narsha fell on the ground. Yunho slowly reached for Min Jeul and stood her up. Min Jeul was scared of the situation right now and hugged Yunho for comfort. Yunho hugged her back and gave a strong glare to Narsha who gave him a glare back.

“We’ll see you whenever.” Yunho said and he and Min Jeul walked away. Min Jeul was looking back at Narsha and Yunho gently focused her head on the direction they were walking to.

Narsha stood up and watched as Yunho and Min Jeul left, like on cue, Jaejoong suddenly appeared.

“Where’s Min Jeul?” Jaejoong asked with a bright smile on his face. Narsha on the other hand had a glum look on her face.

“She left with Yunho. Yunho knows that you’re here. Min Jeul probably told him all about yesterday already. I should’ve known that was going to happen. I didn’t even see it.” Narsha said.

The look on Jaejoong’s face was so hard to read. You couldn’t tell whether he was mad or if he was depressed. But one thing was for sure, he lost hope. Now that Yunho knows, obviously he’ll be telling the others and they’ll find another way keep them even farther apart making things even harder for him than they already are.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As soon as they got back home they were all tired from spending the day with each other. The awkward moments with Yoochun and Miryo was starting.

“Unni, just talk to him to break the awkward silence. Cause I don’t think all of us feel comfortable.” Ga-In whispered into Ga-In’s ears, who was sitting at the front seat right next to the driver, who happens to be Yoochun. If you’re wondering if this was planned by the trio sitting at the back, mainly Changmin, Junsu and Ga-In, yes it is them.

Miryo decided to ignore her. Yoochun tried to clear and all of them heard how loud that was and they all looked at him. He didn’t mind, he was focusing on the road. It was pretty late, the roads barely had cars. They finally arrived at the girls’ place. Yoochun stopped at the entrance of the condominium building and another awkward moment popped up.

“Umm… Thanks for today and the ride home and for treating us today.” Miryo said and quickly got out of the car and began to walk up the stairs. Being the man he is, Yoochun kept staring at Miryo’s and obviously hoping that the wind would just suddenly pass by and blow her skirt up.

“It was fun! Can’t wait to see you all tomorrow again! Me and Miryo will stop by during your practice tomorrow!” Ga-In said and waved goodbye to the boys. She then opened the car door and left quickly. Yoochun didn’t take the liberty to having to look at Ga-In’s and he drove off.

During the ride home, the two boys at the back, that being Junsu and Changmin, kept on nagging Yoochun. Reason? Because he didn’t even try to take the girls back home with them. Typical men huh? Yoochun was too tired to fight back at them and he decided to just ignore them.

While Ga-In kept on nagging Miryo as they were going up the stairs.

“Ya! Unni! Did you hear me earlier when I was trying to whisper in your ear? I was telling you to talk to Yoochun.” Ga-In said.

“Stop making it happen cause it’s not going to happen!” Miryo said getting irritated.

“Why not? I think it’s really cute! You know, if you two became a couple.” Ga-In said as Miryo opened the door to their home.

“La la la la la! I’m not listening to what you’re saying!” Miryo said trying to distract herself from what Ga-In was saying.

“Agh! You are so impossible!” Ga-In said and as they got in Jea was there again. She was standing there like before, when she was waiting for them. She seemed like their mother at that moment.

“Why do you keep waiting for us?” Ga-In asked.

“Is it bad? I was just worried.” Jea said.

“Really? That’s a first.” Ga-In said but whispered the last statement.

As the two entered Jea tried to ignore the little snobbishness the two were giving her. But apparently, this is Kim Hyo Jin a.k.a. Jea, so that cannot be ignored.

“I don’t know what’s up with the two of you and why you’re giving me the cold shoulder but whatever it is you’ll regret it.” Jea spoke. This finally broke Miryo’s silence.

“Regret it? The only thing I regret is debuting in the same group, same company and being born in the same planet as you. God! Among all the annoying and ignorant and arrogant people I’ve met you top the list Jea! Not only are you annoying or pathetic but you even have the guts to say we are giving you the cold shoulder and that we are treating you like that. Honestly, you deserve it for how you treated Min Jeul. Because of you, her life is miserable.” Miryo said as she pointed the keys to their home’s door at Jea face. Jea pushed it away and pointed her finger at Miryo.

“You listen to me Jo Mi Hye, I’m going to let what you just said slip because I don’t want that affecting me in any way. But I know where Min Jeul is and what you’re planning. So don’t even test me or I’ll bring trouble all the way to America and make sure it sticks to Min Jeul forever.” Jea said and finally went back to her room. Ga-In was shocked with what happened. She ran slowly towards Miryo who began to have tears streaming from her eyes.

“Miryo unni, ignore her. She won’t and she can’t lay a finger on Min Jeul. She can’t hurt her because we won’t let her. And none of the boys will allow it either. Don’t worry, everything will be fine.” Ga-In said as she hugged Miryo from behind and comforting her.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ya! Oppa! Don’t! I feel ticklish there! And there too! No!” Min Jeul kept yelling while laughing because Yunho wouldn’t quit tickling her. Ricky was laughing alongside and trying to help Yunho.

Things seemed all fine, even after the incident from yesterday between Narsha and Yunho. It seemed like both parties have forgotten about it. Yunho kept what happened yesterday a secret from Yoochun’s parents because he didn’t want them to worry or anything. He wanted them not to think of what was happening.

“Oppa, when can we see Narsha unni again?” Min Jeul suddenly asked out of the blue and the wide smile on Yunho’s face disappeared. Yunho didn’t know what to say to Min Jeul. He wasn’t even sure if he wanted Min Jeul to ever see Narsha again. But on the other hand…

If she sees Min Jeul again, the tension between her and me won’t end and it will make us both uncomfortable and a scene might spark up again. But if I leave her alone with Narsha like the first day Narsha was here, she could make Jaejoong meet Min Jeul again. And I know Min Jeul isn’t ready for it even if she seems comfortable with him. And I know that Min Jeul we’ll keep asking me this and she might want to see Narsha often, especially before she leaves. And I don’t have the right to cut Narsha away from her life even if it’s just temporary. Aish, what do I do now?

Yunho kept thinking not even realizing that Ricky and Min Jeul are looking at each other and back to Yunho, waiting for his response.

“Oppa, did you hear me?” Min Jeul said trying to grab Yunho’s attention and it was a success.

“Oh? Well… I’m not sure yet because Narsha might head back to Korea soon along with her friend.” Yunho said.

“Narsha’s leaving already? Seems quick, I thought she was leaving on Sunday.” Ricky said.

“Yeah oppa, she did mention she’ll go back to Korea on Sunday.” Min Jeul supported Ricky’s statement.

“Well… Plans can change can’t they?” Yunho said trying to avoid further questions. After that they began the tickle party.

As the night slowly strolled in it was finally time to sleep. Yunho stayed inside Min Jeul’s room, in her request, to keep her company until she falls asleep. Yunho was laying on the bed with Min Jeul on top of him, her head on his chest and his arms wrapped around her keeping her warm, and for Min Jeul, safe.

“Oppa, when will you go back to Korea? Wouldn’t people be looking for you? Like Yoochun, Junsu and Changmin oppa?” Min Jeul said.

“Don’t worry, they know I might take a while here. And besides, don’t you want me to stay a little longer?” Yunho said and Min Jeul smiled. She nodded her head.

“Yes, of course I do want you to stay longer oppa. I was only thinking of the others.” Min Jeul said.

“Well that’s nice of you thinking of the others. But don’t worry okay?” Yunho said and Min Jeul nodded her head.

Yunho was happy that he could feel Min Jeul’s warm body on top of his. Temptation was pushing further. Yunho knows that this was a definite bad idea but he didn’t know how to stop it. He slowly began to tickle Min Jeul and she kept on giggling.

You have to stop Yunho, this is wrong… But…

Min Jeul finally got up because she couldn’t stand the tickling. She looked up on Yunho and the smiles from their faces turned into serious ones. Min Jeul just kept on staring at Yunho with her eyes wide on him. As if she wanted to say something. Yunho kept on staring back at her as if he wanted to do something. And finally, the temptation began.

Min Jeul moved closer to Yunho’s face and inches and inches more until their lips touched. Yunho felt the warm soft lips he kissed days ago. But this time it was coming from Min Jeul and not him. He had to admit that he had a little sugar rush type of feeling from that. He felt like he was being lifted up to heaven or somewhere happy.

Yunho grabbed Min Jeul’s shoulders and laid her down on her bed. He began to French kiss her and the intimacy was getting hotter than the usual. Yunho began to strip Min Jeul off her clothes, him losing control and not being able to remember why he shouldn’t be doing. Him not remembering about Jaejoong’s strong and deep feelings for Min Jeul, and how delicate Jaejoong is about the situation now.

Ignoring all of those, with Min Jeul’s help he stripped his clothes off. Lights out, the two felt the warmth of both their bodies at such a cold season. No, it’s not winter but it is cold. Min Jeul’s eyes were closed and Yunho went down. He began kissing Min Jeul’s cheeks, moving slowly down to her neck. He then trailed back up to passing through her ear and back to her lips.

As it happened, Min Jeul spun out a light sound of pain but suddenly she became ignorant of it and began to feel relaxed. Yunho felt the same way and Min Jeul continued to have her eyes closed. Yunho kept kissing her all around and their bodies not parting from each other. Yunho felt so much ecstasy and Min Jeul felt it too but with some pain. She moaned but it wasn’t loud because of Yunho’s hand covering . Yunho slowly began to sweat and he let out a soft and quiet moan himself.

The heat went on for more than two hours to be exact. When they were through, Min Jeul fell asleep on top of Yunho’s chest, the same position they had earlier. Yunho felt guilty and happiness from what happened. He felt happy because he was already falling for Min Jeul, he felt guilty because the thought of Jaejoong came in. He didn’t know if what he did was forgivable or not.

He felt really ashamed but he looked at Min Jeul’s angelic face as she was sleeping and the thought of his problems went away. He know understood how Jaejoong felt whenever he looked at Min Jeul. It’s like, Min Jeul’s facial expressions and feelings were what you would feel with one look at her. Yunho kissed Min Jeul’s head and went to sleep as well.

The following morning, lucky for them, nobody entered either Yunho or Min Jeul’s room. Yunho was the first to get up before Min Jeul. He slowly laid Min Jeul’s head back onto her pillow and he began to dress up. He slowly walked backwards going out still looking at Min Jeul and as he closed the door someone was behind him and he turned his back to see Ricky.

“I didn’t know you were up. Is Min Jeul awake?” Ricky asked as he was about to reach for the doorknob but Yunho grabbed it blocking Ricky’s way.

“No no, she’s still asleep and I think she needs the sleep. I’ll just bring her food in her room.” Yunho said and Ricky just gave him a weird look. Ricky nodded his head and went to the kitchen. Yunho sighed in relief and followed to the kitchen. He ate quickly and grabbed the tray with Min Jeul’s food and medicine.

He went up the stairs and slowly opened Min Jeul’s door. Min Jeul was already dressed by that time and was lying on her bed watching T.V. She seemed restless and looked as if she was still lacking sleep. Probably from last night.

“Min Jeul ah…” Yunho called out softly and Min Jeul looked at Yunho. Yunho hoped she wouldn’t give him a blank look, a scared look or even a disappointed one after what happened last night. Unexpectedly, Min Jeul gave Yunho a sweet smile. Min Jeul fixed herself up in a sitting position and Yunho came in closing the door with his foot. He laid the food ontop of Min Jeul’s lap as he sat next to her, he brushed off Min Jeul’s bangs which was covering her angelic face and Yunho felt butterflies going round and round inside his stomach.

“Oppa, thank you from bringing up my food.” Min Jeul said with a sweet smile. She let out a slight sound of pain as she touched her thigh area.

“Are you okay?” Yunho asked quickly a little bit in panic mode.

“Yeah I’m fine. Just a little soar.” Min Jeul said. Wonder why…

Yunho began to feed Min Jeul as if she was a child. They had smiles and laughs and there were even soft sweet pecks and kisses on the lips in between.

Back at the hotel though, things didn’t seem quite nice. As Narsha was asleep still, Jaejoong sneaked out of the hotel. What Narsha didn’t know was that he followed her as she took Min Jeul back home. This meaning Jaejoong now knew where Min Jeul lived. After hearing the little incident from yesterday, Jaejoong just wanted to confront Min Jeul and finally be with her again. Obviously he wasn’t thinking right. Love was strong, it is isn’t it? After all, it’s one of the things that makes the world go round. As Jaejoong arrived he stood in front of the door. He was about to ring the doorbell but stopped with his finger still ready to ring it. He began to think if what he was doing was right. He didn’t know what to do.

If I confront her, she might hate me. And even the others might hate me. But this is taking forever, I know I’m being impatient and that I should be but I just can’t help it anymore. What if suddenly she falls for someone else? How then would I feel? I know I’ll regret that and keep telling myself I should’ve done something when I had several chances already standing in front of me.

Jaejoong was in deep thoughts. What he didn’t know was that Mrs. Park saw him standing in front of their house. Mrs. Park walked up to their door and opened it, surprising Jaejoong.

“May I help you?” Mrs. Park asked.

“Uh… Is… Soh Min Jeul here?” Jaejoong asked.

“Yes, she is. Who’s looking for her?” Mrs. Park asked.

“Umm… Ki-Kim… Jaejoong…” Jaejoong said as he was stuttering, feeling nervous from seeing Min Jeul again and feeling afraid Yunho will show up before Min Jeul and try to stop him and push him away.

“Hold on, I’ll call her.” Mrs. Park said leaving Jaejoong standing there. He wanted to run but his feet was glued onto the front step making sure he does this now or never.

Mrs. Park headed to Min Jeul’s room where she and Yunho were playing childish hand games.

“Min Jeul ah, do you know anybody by the name Kim Jaejoong?” Mrs. Park asked and Yunho’s heart skipped a beat. Nervousness and anger approached. He was nervous that Jaejoong might tell Min Jeul the truth and there was a possibility something bad will happen. He was angry that Jaejoong even set foot near Min Jeul when he knew it wasn’t the right time yet.

“Jaejoong? Oh! Narsha unni’s friend from yesterday! Yes I know him! Come Yunho oppa! I want you to meet him!” Min Jeul said and got up from bed quickly and grabbed Yunho’s arm dragging him. But Yunho pulled her back to him.

“N-no. It’s a bad idea. What if I just talk to Jaejoong myself? I’ll go get him for you. Is it okay if he comes inside Mrs. Park?” Yunho said and asked.

“As long as he’s harmless and he’s a friend, then yes.” Mrs. Park said along with a nod and a smile crossed Min Jeul’s face. Yunho got up and went to the front door. As Jaejoong lifted his head, hearing footsteps approaching, even his heart skipped a beat. But not just one, several skips. The sigh of Yunho scared him.

“Yu-Yunho…” Jaejoong said in his deflated voice.

“What’re you doing here? I told you not to come till I said so. This is bad, go back to Korea and take Narsha with you. I can’t believe you wouldn’t trust us when we said we’ll help fix everything. We trusted you Yunho.” Yunho said. Inside he felt guilty for having to scold Jaejoong even if he did something behind his friend’s back.

“I’m sorry… But please, I really want her to know. And I want her to know now! I know I’ll regret it someday if she doesn’t know what we really are or how I really feel about her and how she felt about me.” Jaejoong said begging and or pleading for Yunho to say yes and let him do what he wanted to.

But of course, Yunho’s conscience wasn’t even there to let him.

“No.” Yunho said.

“Go home. And take Narsha with you. The others will get suspicious.” Yunho said and closed the door right at Jaejonog’s face.

Trust… Lost… Guilt? Present!

As Yunho walked back into Min Jeul’s room he felt so much guilt and he had a feeling that Jaejoong’s trust on him was no longer there. Not just becase Jaejoong came, but also because he did something behind Jaejoong’s back even if Jaejoong doesn’t know just yet.

“Where’s Jaejoong oppa?” Min Jeul asked with excitement.

“He had to leave early, something sudden came up.” Yunho said and the smile on Min Jeul’s face faded. Min Jeul then pouted. Yunho walked near her and lifted her cute pouting face with his hand and planted a kiss on her warm soft lips. The pout went away and the sadness was cleared.

Hope… Dead… Tears? Present!

Jaejoong had tears streaming down his face. He walked home feeling the hardest pain he could ever feel. Like in movies and on cue the hard rain poured in. The rain dropping down was really strong that whenever it was hitting you it felt like someone was poking you and that it was getting harder. Jaejoong ignored the painful rain drops and continued to cry under the rain. He went back to the hotel, soaking wet and in tears. As Narsha saw him she couldn’t help but feel very sad. ‘

Even if Jaejoong was covered in wet clothes, Narsha still knew he cried from the look on his face and the expression his eyes were giving her. Rage and pain was on them. Narsha wanted to cry too because she didn’t like the sight of it. And she wanted to blame herself for the plan failing and everything.

“I’m so so deeply sorry Jaejoong. I wanted to help you so badly, I just…I chickened out on one chance. I’m really sorry.” Narsha said. She then couldn’t take it anymore and on her last apology she finally cried with Jaejoong.