Chapter 31: Trying Hard For You

Wrong Number

As soon as Narsha walked back inside the room she didn’t even dare glance at Miryo. She knew that Miryo would probably kill her at a glance. After hours and hours of waiting Jaejoong finally woke up.

His eyes slowly opened, having a hard time because of the bright light that was directly at him. Everyone turned their attention and began to call his name out and ask him how he was. He wasn’t replying to any of this. He turned to all of them and saw all the people he once trusted. He still felt like he was betrayed. With the oxygen mask still on his face he turned to face the other side trying not to look at them.

“He’s still mad at us…” Changmin spoke softly. Ga-In rubbed his back trying to comfort him.

“Jaejoong ah… We’re really sorry… Please don’t be angry at us.” Miryo pleaded. Still no reply from Jaejoong. Suddenly Yoochun’s phone rang. It was his mom again as shown on the screen of his phone. He excused himself from the room and walked outside as he answered it.

“It’s Ricky, she’s awake now.” Ricky said.

“How’s she doing then?” Yoochun asked.

“She looks really sick. As in, completely sick. She’s pale, her lips are completely dry, she has a hard time talking, her voice cracks every time, tears are flowing from her eyes, she feels so much pain and her whole body is just hurting really bad. Both physically and even emotionally. She looks so bad, I just couldn’t look at her anymore so I stayed outside. Mom told me to call you to tell you about it.” Ricky said.

“Thanks for telling me. I’ll tell Miryo… Anything else? How’s Yunho holding up?” Yoochun asked.

“I don’t know. He’s had his head down the whole day. Hard to tell.” Ricky responded.

“Thanks anyway.” Yoochun said and hanged up.

Aish… Things are falling apart one by one. What will happen next?

Yoochun thought.

Like on cue, something was happening inside.

“Jaejoong oppa, are you okay now?” Ga-In asked Jaejoong who was vomiting at the side near the trash bin. Yoochun entered and saw what was happening.

“What’s wrong?” Yoochun asked.

“He felt dizzy and started to vomit.” Junsu said and Yoochun sighed.

“So who called you?” Junsu asked.

“Ricky, he just updated me a little on Min Jeul’s condition.” Yoochun replied.

“What did he say?” Junsu asked.

“It’s not really going good for her. She’s looks completely sick compared to before as Ricky tells me.” Yoochun said and Miryo could hear their conversation while sitting on the lounging chair. Miryo was having an extreme headache and now she doesn’t know what to do. She wants to give up so badly but she couldn’t just yet.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the phone call Ricky went back inside and Min Jeul was asleep.

“Did you tell him?” Mrs. Park asked and Ricky nodded his head.

“Hay… I just hope this doesn’t turn into something serious. Min Jeul is such a nice girl.” Mrs. Park said as she looked at the sleeping Min Jeul. Yunho was too busy looking down still. Mr. Park wasn’t around anymore because he needed to go back home to make sure their house was okay since they left without locking it.

As the day went on a new day came. Yunho was asleep on the couch and Ricky was inside the bathroom. Min Jeul’s eyes slowly opened. She got up slowly whimpering quietly in pain. As she succeeded in putting herself into a sitting position she stared at Yunho.

Hmm… Oppa, thank you for taking care of me. Even when you sleep you look so handsome.

Min Jeul thought.

As soon as that was over, Ricky got out of the bathroom with bread inside his mouth.

“Oh! You’re awake already.” Ricky said as he continued to chew on the bread.

“Were you eating inside the bathroom?” Min Jeul asked and Ricky chuckled.

“Of course not… Well… Sort of I guess, are you hungry?” Ricky asked and Min Jeul clasped her hands together.

“Yes! I’m very hungry oppa!” Min Jeul said and Ricky smiled at how cute Min Jeul could still be even when she was sick. Ricky was busy preparing something for her to eat and from Min Jeul’s cute voice Yunho woke up and got up quickly.

“Oppa! Good morning!” Min Jeul said with a weak smile. Yunho gave back a weak smile. He would’ve given a brighter one but seeing her weak like that just couldn’t let Yunho give it.

“Are you hungry too Yuno?” Ricky asked.

“Yeah, I need to go to the bathroom.” Yunho said and quickly went inside. He the faucet and splashed his face with water. He turned it off and placed both his hands on the side of the sink and stared down at it thinking about things.

Min Jeul ah…. Jaejoong ah… Please forgive me…

Yunho said and splashed his face with water once more and then went out of the bathroom. Min Jeul was eating yogurt and Ricky was on his second batch of ice cream.

“How many buckets of ice cream have you eaten in one day?” Yunho asked.

“I don’t know… Why?” Ricky asked and Min Jeul giggled.

The nurse came in and was checking Min Jeul. Ricky, being the man that he is sat on the chair and tried to look at the nurse’s . He kept leaning backwards along with the chair and all of a sudden fell and Yunho burst into laughter. The nurse wasn’t laughing as she thought it was really disrespectful. As she was about to leave the room she showed her tongue at Ricky who was still on the ground.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A week has gone by. Min Jeul is still stuck at the hospital but Jaejoong left the hospital a couple of days later because the doctor wanted to watch his health a bit before he left. As they got home all of them remained quiet about the incident.

Jaejoong wasn’t speaking to any of them except for Changmin would at least had a small understanding. Jaejoong remained in the room the whole day resting for a better health. Changmin was the only one he’d speak to and thus was the one who brings Jaejoong’s food and medicine.

That night, after Changmin has given Jaejoong his food he went back to the dining table and began to eat some more. Junsu and Yoochun were just looking at him and he noticed, he looked up with his head still down on the plate, normally he’d ignore people looking at him, but this was just disturbing.

“What? I always eat like this.” Changmin said with food still stuck to his mouth.

“We’re not looking at you because of the way you eat, trust us, we are completely use to it now.” Yoochun replied.

“So, how’s Jaejoong now? Does he still look mad?” Junsu asked.

“He’s not mad at me.” Changmin said like a child and Yoochun slapped his head.

“I was talking about us you idiot!” Yoochun said and Changmin rubbed the back of his head.

“Ouch! I don’t know! I couldn’t tell! Since he was smiling at me and you guys are here in the dining room hiding from him. I know I’m not as smart as you guys. Or at least that’s what you tell me. But, if you really want hyung to forgive you guys at least do something. Don’t just sit here.” Changmin said and continued to eat.

“He’s right. What can we do now?” Junsu said.

“I don’t know.” Yoochun said.

Someone was knocking at their door. Yoochun looked at Changmin.

“Go answer the door. But look at the peephole before you open up the door. If you don’t know who it is just keep the chain lock locked.” Yoochun said.

“Why me? I’ve been walking around the house since Jaejoong got home! I want to eat and sit down you know.” Changmin complained.

“Shut it and answer the door you whiney brat.” Yoochun said. Changmin glared at him as he got up from the table. He went to the door and checked who it was. It was only Ga-In and Miryo. He opened it up and the girls were dressed in y hot clothes. Changmin’s mouth was just left open as he looked at them.

“Stop staring and get dressed! Dress Jaejoong up too!” Ga-In said and went inside and Miryo followed. Changmin quickly closed the door and ran up to them.

“Where’s Narsha?” Changmin asked.

“She went to visit her parents at Japan. She said she needs some rest too after all the stress.” Miryo replied to his question. Yoochun and Junsu were just staring at the two.

“Where’s the party?” Junsu asked with a cute smile.

“The party? We’re going clubbing in random places! It’s to release stress! Go get dressed! Get Jaejoong to dress up too!” Ga-In said all excited to leave.

“Jaejoong? He hates us, he only talks to Changmin.” Yoochun said.

“And besides, he needs rest remember?” Junsu said.

“Oh yeah… We haven’t thought about it yet unni.” Ga-In said.

“You’re such a kill joy.” Ga-In decided to blame Yoochun.

“What? Why me! I was only thinking of my friend you know! Wouldn’t you do the same thing?” Yoochun said.

“Maybe… If you weren’t such a kill joy!” Ga-In said.

“Stop blaming me!” Yoochun said.

“Would you two just shut it? Let’s take Jaejoong out! I’ll look out for him. If I feel like he’s having a hard time I’ll take him outside and call you guys.” Miryo said.

The others were thinking twice about it, they had enough of illnesses and they wouldn’t want to see Jaejoong feel ill while they were out having fun. But at the same time, they wanted to cheer themselves along with Jaejoong up. So of course… Who won?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Yunho oppa, when can I leave the hospital?” Min Jeul asked and Yunho just stared at her. She smiled then touched Yunho’s face with both her hands.

“Oppa! I asked you a question, are you alright?” Min Jeul asked and Yunho snapped out of it.

“Yeah yeah, I’m fine… Umm… The doctor wants to keep you here until further notice because he needs to keep a good eye on you. I think you should listen to everything they’ll say so you’ll get better faster and we can leave this place. It’s filled with depression and sick people, not a good environment.” Yunho said and Min Jeul nodded as she turned away slowly.

I want to take her back with me to Korea. What if she just feels homesick? But homesick like this is unlikely.

Yunho began to think. Yeah maybe Min Jeul misses home. She probably just wants everybody to be together. Miryo, Narsha, Ga-In, himself, Jaejoong, Junsu, Yoochun and Changmin. Just all together in one place just like before. Yunho just didn’t know how to do that for her though, he wasn’t sure how he can without getting anybody hurt or without forcing a sick girl.

As time passed by Mrs. Park came by and took turns with the two to take care of Min Jeul. Ricky and Yunho went back home to change and take a shower properly. Yunho began to pack some of his clothes because he was to stay over at the hospital to watch over Min Jeul at night. Ricky was busy brushing his teeth and decided to pass by Yunho’s room. He leaned onto the door’s frame while brushing his teeth.

“Yunho ah…” he said with toothpaste in his mouth. Yunho turned back to look at Ricky.

“What are you to Min Jeul really?” Ricky asked. He seemed a little clueless on everything that was happening so far.

“Ummm… I’m just a friend… Why?” Yunho said lying.

“Really? You treat Min Jeul more than just a friend.” Ricky said pointing out the obvious.

“She’s like a sister to me.” Yunho said and turned back to continue packing.

“Whatever you say. Be careful, don’t hurt anybody.” Ricky said and Yunho stopped. He understood what Ricky meant but he just didn’t know how Ricky would think of saying that. Especially at this point right now where Yunho felt really depressed about his feelings for Min Jeul. It’s great that he gets to spend time with her and be with her but at the same time she’s hurting somebody.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They headed downtown to the nearest high class club. That way, security would be tight and less fan girls and fan boys. They sat at the best VIP section. The sitting arrangement went like this.

On the left began Jaejoong, followed by Yoochun then Junsu next to Ga-In then next to Ga-In was Changmin. They seemed to all be enjoying. A couple of minutes later Junsu decides to dance with Ga-In and Miryo wanted to dance with Yoochun. He pleaded no but Miryo stepped on his foot and he was forced to the dance floor. It was only Changmin and Jaejoong. Changmin moved closer to Jaejoong.

“Hyung, I know it doesn’t seem like the right thing to say but I don’t know what else to say. Please cheer up hyung. We all want you to be happy but you’re bringing us back down. Hyung please, all of us are having a hard time! Especially Miryo noona and Yoochun hyung, they are having a very hard time themselves.” Changmin reasoned out.

Jaejoong paid no attention to the younger boy and continued to just stare at the ground with pain. Jaejoong didn’t know what was the right thing to feel, whether he should feel sad or happy or just completely depressed. He wanted to just get up and go back to America but that was a very hard thing to do at this point. He just wanted to feel Min Jeul once more.

“Hyung, are you listening to me?” Changmin asked but no response. Changmin sighed and ignored Jaejoong but kept on thinking about what would happen if he wasn’t watching over Jaejoong right now. Bad thoughts flood inside Changmin’s mind and he decided to shake it off by continuing to drink.

When Ga-In and Yoochun got drunk they decided to head home. Since all of them were really tired and Yoochun is uncontrollable as well as Ga-In is when they are drunk they decided to continue some more talking at the girls’ place. As they got there Ga-In was placed in her room by Changmin and Yoochun was placed on the couch.

“Won’t you offer your room for Yoochun?” Junsu asked as he looked at Miryo and she gave him that look.

“What? Why would I do that? He’s fine on the couch alone.” Miryo stated and Junsu just smiled and shook his head.

“I think it’s better if he stays on a bed rather than the couch. He could just fall off.” Jaejoong said while sitting on the lounging chair. And on cue Yoochun groaned and as he turned he fell off.

“Told you so.” Jaejoong said and Miryo was mumbling words that just made Jaejoong chuckle in silence.

“Junsu ah, help me. I’m a girl in case you didn’t’ know.” Miryo stated.

“Sorry I didn’t know until now.” Junsu joked and Miryo smacked his arm.

“Ah! So much for a girl.” Junsu said.

“Do you want another one?” Miryo threatened.

“No, one is enough.” Junsu said scared.

He helped carry Yoochun into the other room and although Junsu is muscular he had a hard time carrying Yoochun. Junsu got the upper body side while Miryo was holding his legs. They accidentally bumped Yoochun’s head onto the door’s frame and they were shocked that Miryo even dropped Yoochun’s legs by accident which caused more laughter for Jaejoong and Changmin.

“Be careful!” Miryo said.

“That’s gonna be one big headache tomorrow.” Junsu said while chuckling. They finally entered the room successfully and got Yoochun on the bed. The two exited the room as they closed the lights inside the room and the door. Miryo grabbed 4 wine glasses and half filled them with white wine. She headed back to the living room and passed it all to them.

“We were the ones who couldn’t drink properly. We deserve this you know.” Miryo said.

Jaejoong still had his head down. Just still thinking about Min Jeul. Miryo and it was like Jaejoong’s feelings just dropped onto her too. Miryo didn’t know what to say to Jaejoong to at least try and cheer him up. So instead she decided to keep it quiet.

“When will Narsha noona come back?” Changmin asked.

“I don’t know yet but I think it’s better if she stays a bit longer, that way she can rest.” Miryo said.

“I feel sleepy.” Changmin said.

Junsu then gulped down the whole way his wine and placed the glass on top of the coffee table. Junsu got up and fixed himself.

“Where can we sleep? I don’t think going home this late at night even with a car is safe.” Junsu said.

“I agree! Can I sleep in Narsha noona’s room instead? Ga-In unni mentioned it was warm and peaceful there and the view in the morning is great.” Changmin said as he too finished his wine.

“Yeah that’s true, she has the best room. I don’t think she’d mind anyway. You and Junsu can sleep there along with Jaejoong.” Miryo said.

“Where will you sleep? Yoochun’s on your bed isn’t he?” Jaejoong stated and Miryo hasn’t really thought about that.

“Hmph, you’re right. Don’t’ worry, I’ll sleep on the ground in my room.” Miryo said and finished her wine too.

They all bid goodnight and went to their rooms.

Changmin kept on snooping around Narsha’s things. He looked in drawers, cabinets, her personal bathroom and even in some of her shoe boxes and under her bed. This was a little disrespectful and rude to Narsha’s privacy.

“Changmin ah! What the hell are you doing? You’re invading people’s privacy and that’s not right! We are only borrowing Narsha’s room for one night and that’s it. Quit snooping around! Sheesh.” Junsu stated as he prepared to sleep on the ground.

Jaejoong fixed up the couch and Changmin, of course being the youngest took the bed side. As soon as Changmin laid on the bed he snored and that was a sound that would echo in Junsu and Jaejoong’s ears the whole night.

“Ya, he sleeps so fast.” Changmin said.

“Hmph…” was Jaejoong’s reply. They all laid down on their places, minutes later Junsu fell asleep as well. But the whole night Jaejoong still couldn’t stop thinking of Min Jeul.

=======================================================================================================

COMMENTS ARE SO MUCH LOVED! <333333