Chapter 38: Broken Faith

Wrong Number

 

“I didn’t mean to do any of what I did to you Jaejoong… I didn’t even know that I would feel like that towards her.” Yunho said and being as respectful as he can be, Jaejoong stayed quiet as he listened to all the things that Yunho had to say, even if they were painful already.

“I didn’t know how much you loved her until now. And I never realized how selfish I was being when I pushed you away during the day that you came by.” Yunho said.

Changmin was just listening silently, and so were the others on the other line.

“I don’t know what else to say but… I really do apologize for everything. If I have to stay away from her just to be friends with you again, I can try.” Yunho said and those words caught Jaejoong.

I can try? I can try? What do you mean try? I want you to do it if it was possible. And even stay away from me because you’re being completely selfish. I hate you right now, as a matter of fact maybe I could hate you forever.” Jaejoong said.

“Hyung…” Changmin said.

“You don’t know how much it hurts. Even if you keep saying you can, even if you think you can and even if you try to you’ll never know no matter what Yunho. And even if I forgive you now inside I just really can’t. Because it’s scarred inside of me already and it’s not easy to remove. And I know it’ll never be removed.” Jaejoong said.

“Jaejoong please. I’m begging and pleading right now. Please forgive me.” Yunho said and Jaejoong just tried to look away from him. This led Yunho no choice. Even in front of other people, even if half of the people were media personnel, Yunho stood from his seat and kneeled right in front of Jaejoong with his hands together.

“Jaejoong ah! Please forgive me! I’m begging you so badly!” Yunho said and everybody turned to look at him. Jaejoong just stared at him.

“One condition.” Jaejoong said and everyone went silent.

“I wanna see her.” Jaejoong said and Yunho let out a deep breath. Changmin just looked at Yunho who was still kneeling.

“Fine.” Yunho said.

“First thing in the morning, we’ll fly over to America and see her okay…” Yunho said.

Changmin wasn’t thinking straight at the moment because he was still shocked at the scene and dazed at it. He almost forgot that these two were not allowed to come to America because of the secret being kept to both parties. Neither was the five over at McDonald’s thinking about it too.

As the scene ended they all decided to go separate ways. Jaejoong went over to Young Saeng’s place while Yunho and Changmin returned home. As they got home Yunho grabbed their phone. He dialed down the airlines’ number.

“Who are you calling hyung?” Changmin asked.

Then Yunho decided to stay inside the bathroom. Changmin could hear him talking to someone.

“The first flight tomorrow morning. Yeah, the very first one… Two… Yeah…” that’s the only words that Changmin can hear clearly. The others were a blur. Changmin then decided to start putting his finger inside his ear and trying to see if there was something stuck or whatever.

“Ew, what the hell are you doing?” Ga-In asked as she walked in and saw Changmin.

“Shh! Yunho hyung is in the bathroom talking to someone.” Changmin said.

“Eh?” Ga-In said and they both went near the door and listened.

“He’s probably getting a ticket for two to America. You heard what he said Ga-In, and Changmin, you were there when he said it.” Miryo said as they all entered.

“Where’s Jaejoong?” Junsu asked.

“He said he was going to Young Saeng’s house.” Changmin said. Yunho finally came out of the bathroom and with Ga-In still lying onto the door she accidentally fell.

“What were you doing?” Yunho asked as he passed by her.

“Nothing… I was just… Lying there…” Ga-In said.

“Are you really going to take Jaejoong to America?” Narsha asked.

“Of course I am, I want his friendship back don’t I?” Yunho said.

“There are other ways Yunho. You’ll just break his heart even more if you ship him off to America!” Miryo said.

“Well what do you expect me to do Miryo? I tried everything! I kneeled in front of him and apologized! He wants to see Min Jeul and I think it’s about time he did. It’s been almost half a year since he hasn’t seen her and he deserves to see her now.” Yunho said.

“But you do know… You are aware of the consequences right?” Miryo said.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Yunho said.

“You don’t know anything yet. But you’ll regret it. Taking him to America will just make him hate you more once he lands there with you and comes face to face with Min Jeul with you by his side.” Miryo said.

“Leave me alone, this is my decision.” Yunho said and went back to their room and slept it off.

“Miryo calm down.” Yoochun said as he placed both his hands at both her shoulders. She shrugged them off.

“I’m still mad at you Park!” Miryo said as she pointed her finger at his face.

“And he doesn’t know so how can I calm down? What if he starts to go berserk there in America in front of Min Jeul huh? Wouldn’t that affect her condition even more? For Christ’s sake she isn’t even out of the hospital yet!” Miryo said.

“I know that, but we need to calm down and think it through carefully. We need to stay calm and relax so we can think properly.” Yoochun said.

“Don’t start another fight with me because we aren’t even done with the other one.” Miryo said and walked out.

“Yunho has tried to resolve his problems with Jaejoong. Yoochun oppa, if you really want everything to go smoothly and if you really want Miryo unni to have a peaceful mind when thinking of what to do, better act fast because we only have a couple of hours left before tomorrow comes.” Ga-In said and walked out following Miryo. Narsha tailed along.

“She’s right hyung. Apologize to Miryo noona already please?” Changmin said.

“Whatever…” Yoochun said and went to the bathroom instead leaving Junsu and Changmin outside.

Over at Young Saeng’s place, Hyun Joong and TOP were also there. Jaejoong just wanted to drink it off again. Even if they knew it was wrong, they let him because they couldn’t do anything.

“Thanks for coming here even if most of you guys even came from Japan. I’m sorry for just calling you off and out of the blue.” Jaejoong said with his head laid down onto the table.

“It’s alright. What are friends for. So… You see this Min Jeul girl tomorrow?” Hyun Joong asked and Jaejoong tried to nod even if his head was down flat on the table.

“What are you going to do when you meet her?” Young Saeng asked.

“Didn’t you tell us that she doesn’t remember you as a lover?” TOP asked and Jaejoong nodded his head again.

“I’ll try to help her remember.” Jaejoong said.

“I hope you aren’t thinking of forcing her to remember Jaejoong.” Young Saeng said and Jaejoong sat up properly looking at his bottle of Soju which was half filled. He grabbed it and gulped it all down. Hyun Joong, TOP and Young Saeng all sighed together.

“Jaejoong ah, stop drinking now. That should be your last one. Don’t get mad, but you know you aren’t feeling well. So stop drinking please?” Hyun Joong said.

“This is for you health Jaejoong. You don’t want to have a hangover when you fly all the way to America right?” TOP warned him.

“Fine.” Jaejoong said childishly.

“Jaejoong ah, be careful okay?” Young Saeng said.

“I will…” Jaejoong said as he was about to head for the door. He closed the door shut behind him and headed back home.

“I hope he will be fine.” TOP said and all of them were silent.

As a new day was sparkling, Jaejoong was pretty excited and tensed to finally get to see Min Jeul again after nearly a year of depression and separation. But the problem is, is he even ready?

As Jaejoong got out of the room, miraculously being the first one to wake up, he sat on the couch with his head down and his hands together a top of his neck. Changmin got up just a couple of seconds after Jaejoong and went outside to the living room and spotted Jaejoong in his position. He seemed, disturbed.

“Hyung…” Changmin called out.

“Huh? Changmin ah…” Jaejoong said and Changmin sat next to him.

“Are you okay?” Changmin asked.

“I guess so. I guess… I’m excited to see Min Jeul.” Jaejoong said.

“Ah… That huh… Um… Hyung… I want to tell you something.” Changmin said and at that moment Yoochun was getting out of the room without making a sound.

“It’s about Min Jeul. She’s…” Changmin was about to speak until Yoochun broke it up.

“Changmin!” Yoochun called out and it startled the two sitting on the couch.

“Hyung, you scared me.” Changmin said.

“Please do me a favor and get me cereal please?” Yoochun said trying ot distract Changmin.

“But… You can do it yourself!” Changmin complained.

“Ya ya ya! Come on now please?” Yoochun said and Changmin sighed and got up to go to the kitchen.

“Wait!” Jaejoong called out for Changmin and he stopped.

“You were going to tell me something Changmin. What was it?” Jaejoong asked. Changmin got tensed and looked over at Yoochun who slowly shook his head trying to tell him not to tell Jaejoong just yet.

“Nothing hyung. Just nothing…” Changmin said and rushed to the kitchen and left Jaejoong a little confused.

“So...” Yoochun said out loud as he clasped his hands together and sat next to Jaejoong.

“Are you really going?” Yoochun asked.

“Of course I am Yoochun. What makes you think I would think twice about this?” Jaejoong asked and Yoochun shook his head.

“Nothing did. I was just curious to know cause…” Yoochun said and he was in the midst of telling Jaejoong the truth.

“Cause?” Jaejoong responded.

“Be-…Uh… Nothing...” Yoochun said and Jaejoong scratched his head already ticked off.

“Are you guys hiding something from me?” Jaejoong asked.

“No… Well… No… What makes you think we are?” Yoochun asked.

“Because you keep talking like that.” Jaejoong said.

“Oh… We’re not hiding anything don’t worry.” Yoochun said.

Jaejoong decided to take a warm shower. While inside the bathroom he was thinking about Min Jeul and what her reaction could possibly be. The water from the shower head sprinkle all over Jaejoong, from his head moving slowly down onto his body until it reaches his toes. He had his hand by the bathroom wall while looking down on the ground seeing the water go down the drain.

Min Jeul ah… I finally get to see you… But why do I feel like this? So scared… Is it cause I don’t want to feel the pain of you not remembering me? Why am I feeling like this? I thought I would be so happy if something like this happens… But why do I feel as if something bad will happen… Something that’ll break my heart… Is it a hunch? Am I just imagining things again or over thinking myself again?

Jaejoong lifted his head up and continued to think of things. He couldn’t understand why he felt as if there was something wrong in the picture. Why did it seem as if there was really something bad that was waiting for him when he sees Min Jeul.

Jaejoong turned off the shower and got out. He grabbed a towel and began to wipe his body dry. He wrapped the towel around his waist and then grabbed a small one and began to wipe his hair dry this time. As he faced the mirror to brush his teeth he stopped and looked at himself. He had the towel over his head and he just kept staring back at his reflection.

Was there something bad that happened to Min Jeul that they seem like they’re keeping me away from going to America?

“Min Jeul… Why are they hiding you from me?” Jaejoong said to himself.

As he was about to leave the bathroom Yunho was there by the door. They an awkward silence and just kept looking at each other.

“Ah… You’re done… You must be really excited eh?” Yunho said.

“Yeah…” Jaejoong said quietly and passed by Yunho hitting his shoulder on the way out.

Yunho sighed and entered the bathroom anyway and took a shower himself.

After a while they began to pack their things. Jaejoong was still thinking of the same thing as he was packing his things. Yunho on the other hand was thinking if what he was doing was right. He wanted his friendship with Jaejoong back but what if something bad happens to Min Jeul. He wasn’t thinking of the pain he would feel of losing Min Jeul back to Jaejoong. But he decided that he had to do this.

After a couple of minutes they went out to the living room where the others, along with the girls, were waiting for them. They all got in the car. Jaejoong at the way back on the left side while Yunho on the other end. They finally arrived at the airport and their driver got their things down. Some fans were a distance away from the group with banners and other things.

The group waved, even some of the girls’ fans were there too. They reached towards the entrance of the airport. There they stopped and this is where they were about to say their goodbyes and good luck to each other and other stuff like that.

“Safe trip hyungs!” Changmin said.

“Jaejoong ah, please be careful.” Narsha said and Jaejoong nodded his head.

“Don’t fight while you’re on the plane okay? People are watching you two don’t forget.” Yoochun warned the two and they both nodded their head.

“I want something when you return home okay?” Junsu said and Miryo hit his head.

“What?” Junsu said and they all chuckled.

“Please… Like what Chunnie, ah! I mean Yoochun said…” Miryo said slipping. Some of them were smirking and so was Yoochun.

“Don’t fight, people are keeping an eye on you. Don’t forget about that reporter that you guys told me was snooping in your personal lives like the usual okay? Be aware! Stay alert and most importantly don’t stress out Min Jeul because she hasn’t fully recovered.” Miryo said.

“And one more thing…” Miryo added.

“Whatever happens… Always remember that you two are friends… You’re like brothers and you are family. No matter what happens, we must learn to accept it.” Miryo said.

“Forgive and forget oppas!” Ga-In said to the two.

“Yeah…” Miryo said and the two just looked at each other. Jaejoong his lips before speaking.

“Uh…. Thank you…” Jaejoong said. They bid one last farewell and they set off. The six watched as Jaejoong and Yunho left to go to America.

“We couldn’t stop them…” Miryo said.

“It’s not like we can even if we wanted to.” Yoochun said.

An hour has passed and the six got back home while Jaejoong and Yunho finally boarded the plane. As the six got home they wanted to just relax but they couldn’t. Just thinking of what might happen if the two found out about what they have been trying to keep from them. Especially how Jaejoong would react to all of it and what it could lead to Min Jeul’s health.

As another day passed, they were all just at the living room thinking of what could happen. No sleep and no eat. They were feeling completely stressed.

“Aish! We should have never let them go!” Miryo yelled out as she got up from the long couch.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In America on the other hand, Jaejoong and Yunho were in the hotel rooms getting ready to visit Min Jeul. Yunho grabbed the phone and made a phone call to the hospital. They directed the line back to Min Jeul’s hospital room and Ricky answered the phone.

“Hello?” Ricky answered.

“Ricky, it’s me Yunho.” Yunho replied.

“Yunho? Are you here?” Ricky said.

He said Yunho’s name and it alarmed Min Jeul. She slowly sat up properly and looked at Ricky.

“Yunho oppa…” Min Jeul spoke softly.

“Yeah, I’m here… Umm… Jaejoong is with me, we’re going to go there in a couple of minutes okay?” Yunho said trying to let Ricky know that they’ll be visiting in a while.

“What? But you can’t!” Ricky said trying to stop Yunho.

“What do you mean?” Yunho asked.

“You don’t know yet… Yoochun hyung didn’t tell you… Why didn’t he stop you from coming here…” Ricky said panicking.

“Stopping me from coming here? Why would he do that? What’s wrong? What are you trying to say?” Yunho said completely lost and confused.

“Min Jeul… Min Jeul’s…” Ricky was about to say it.

“She’s what?” Yunho asked. There was a long pause for Ricky. He didn’t know if he should say it but if his brother really didn’t want Yunho to know, he would’ve stopped Yunho just from the beginning.

“Min Jeul’s pregnant. With your baby.” Ricky said.

Yunho was shocked from what Ricky said. He was even more afraid of what will happen. He couldn’t stay happy for the fact that he has a child but he was totally afraid of what might happen. He didn’t know what to do now. He didn’t see it coming. He didn’t even understand why Yoochun never even told him about it.

“Since when?” Yunho asked nervous.

“A couple of days ago. Min Jeul wasn’t feeling well and she kept vomiting. She had the symptoms of a pregnant woman so the doctor placed her under a pregnancy test and that’s how we found out.” Ricky said.

“Why didn’t you tell me this?” Yunho asked getting angry and scared.

“Because Yoochun hyung told me not to. Which is why I don’t understand why he didn’t stop you from coming here. That was his plan, so you wouldn’t find out and so that Jaejoong wouldn’t either.” Ricky said.

Someone then was knocking on Yunho’s hotel room.

“Yunho, are you ready to go? I am.” It was Jaejoong. More reasons to get scared.

“I’ll be right there hold on.” Yunho said.

“Who was that?” Ricky asked.

“Jaejoong, he was asking me if I was ready to leave. How do you expect me to stop him now? He’ll most likely punch me if I tried to stop him. I told him the hospital’s name and where it was, he could possibly try to go there by himself if I told him not to.” Yunho said.

“Hyung… If he finds out you know Jaejoong will go berserk.” Ricky said.

“We just have to try and not to speak about the pregnancy. Please tell Min Jeul that…” Yunho said and hanged up. He started to bite his fingers all worried. Jaejoong kept knocking on his door.

“I’m coming!” Yunho said and got up.

As he and Jaejoong were walking down the hall way he kept thinking of what he could do to prevent Jaejoong from finding out, because he himself was totally shocked cause of the incident and he doesn’t know exactly how to react to this.

They got inside the car and sat on opposite sides like before. Jaejoong was still thinking of the same thing and Yunho was just completely worried. It was completely silent and even their driver found it really awkward.

When they got to their hospital Jaejoong was moving really fast that he got out of the car first. When Yunho saw how fast Jaejoong was moving he quickly acted himself. He got out and tried to catch up on Jaejoong who was already inside the hospital.

“Hurry…” Jaejoong said.

Yunho led the way to the hospital room. As they got there, the hall way the was only spot left. They began to walk and instead of walking slowly they were walking briskly. Only a couple of rooms to go before they finally reach Min Jeul’s room. Yunho was just blank minded now. When they reached the door both of them stopped and stared there.

“This is it…” Jaejoong said and opened the door himself. He slowly poked his head and peaked inside the room. There he saw the beautiful Min Jeul on the bed watching T.V. with Ricky sitting on the lounging chair next to her in between the small table with the phone next to Min Jeul.

“Hyungs…” Ricky said and Min Jeul faced them. Jaejoong felt like he was going to have a heart attack when he saw Min Jeul once again. He was so happy inside he didn’t know how to feel just like Yunho.

Yunho on the other hand was really nervous. He was hoping that nothing would slip and that for just today Jaejoong wouldn’t find out just yet about Min Jeul’s pregnancy with his baby. Yunho let out a deep breath.

“Yunho oppa!” Min Jeul called out with a sweet smile. Jaejoong felt a little sting from that. Yunho moved forward to her and just smiled there.

“Yunho oppa…” Min Jeul said softly this time. She slowly reached out for Yunho and hugged him the same way she used to hug Jaejoong.

Jaejoong had flashbacks on this and he felt some pain. Ricky saw the look on Jaejoong’s face and began to use his foot to hit Yunho’s leg. When he got Yunho’s attention Ricky pointed his lips to Jaejoong and Yunho turned to see the look on Jaejoong’s face. He softly and slowly let Min Jeul stop hugging him.

“You kept your promise… But I wasn’t able to keep mine. I’m still stuck at the hospital because of my pre-” Min Jeul was about to speak but Ricky interrupted.

“Are any of you hungry or thirsty?” Ricky asked.

“No thanks. We ate as soon as we got to the hotel.” Yunho responded.

“Min Jeul ah, do you remember him?” Yunho pointed at Jaejoong.

“Yeah, he’s Narsha unni’s friend, Jaejoong oppa.” Min Jeul said sweetly. Jaejoong smiled, he couldn’t stop himself from smiling when he found out that Min Jeul still remembered him, but sadly in that kind of way and not like the real way she should remember him.

They spent almost half of the day at the hospital, some silence here and there. Min Jeul was busy focusing her attention on Yunho and every time Jaejoong could see the attention Yunho got from her he just wanted to get mad and go berserk. He really wanted Min Jeul to talk to him.

“I’m going to go out and get something downstairs at the canteen. We’re all out of ice.” Ricky said as he stood up.

“Umm…” Yunho was about to say something. He thought of leaving the two together so that maybe Min Jeul could talk to Jaejoong.

“I’ll come with… Just wait for me outside please.” Yunho said and Ricky nodded his head. He went outside and waited.

“I’ll be back, I’ll just go help Ricky out.” Yunho said he passed towards Jaejoong and stopped.

“Don’t take the advantage to far Jaejoong. Don’t push it cause you’ll interfere with her condition and make it worst. Just make small talk with her please.” Yunho said and moved out.

But Yunho didn’t think that it was really wrong leaving Min Jeul with Jaejoong alone. Jaejoong stood up from his seat and was about to sit where Ricky was but Min Jeul grabbed his wrist.

“Oppa, sit here.” Min Jeul said as she moved a little from her spot and left space on the hospital bed for Jaejoong to sit on. Jaejoong of course sat there and smiled a little as he looked at her. Their face was so close to each other.

“You know oppa, seeing your face this close I really feel like I’ve knew you even before already. But I just don’t know if I really do or if it’s my sickness acting up against me.” Min Jeul said.

Without showing it on the outside Jaejoong smiled. The face distance between the two of them were really really close. Min Jeul felt butterflies in her stomach just looking at how handsome Jaejoong was up close. Jaejoong felt the same way getting near the girl that he always thought that would be the most beautiful one that he’s seen in his whole life.

The room was feeling a little heated as the two just kept staring at each other. Jaejoong was slowly moving in for a kiss but Min Jeul turned her head aside, this leading to Jaejoong feeling really rejected without even been told that he was by Min Jeul.

“I wonder if Yunho oppa knows. I really hope he does, I’m happy about it.” Min Jeul said. Jaejoong turned to look at her.

“Know about what?” Jaejoong asked.

“I guess you don’t even know. Then maybe he doesn’t really know after all.” Min Jeul said.

“About what?” Jaejoong asked as he began to even come closer to Min Jeul. Min Jeul placed her finger onto with a sweet smile.

“This is only a secret. Ricky oppa told me to not talk about it but I can trust you right Jaejoong oppa?” Min Jeul asked and Jaejoong nodded.

“Of course you can Min Jeul, you always can.” Jaejoong said.

“Well…” Min Jeul began.

“Yunho oppa will be a father soon. And I’ll be a mother soon too.” Min Jeul said with a sweet smile. Jaejoong got it instantly and his reaction was terrible. He seemed as if he was about to turn into the Hulk or something. He felt so much anger inside of him that he wanted to punch Yunho right now as soon as he comes back.

Jaejoong felt even more betrayed now. Even if Yunho kept his promise of letting Jaejoong see Min Jeul, he felt as if he was betrayed all over again. The pain he was feeling was undeniable and uncontrollable. He looked away from Min Jeul and looked at the ground. He didn’t know what he was going to say, he really needed to keep his cool in front of Min Jeul.

I was stupid and fooled once again.

Jaejoong thought. The two came back and Jaejoong straightened himself up. The sigh of Yunho was killing him. All of a sudden…

“Yunho… Can we go back to the hotel now? I feel really tired.” Jaejoong said. Yunho was a little confused because he didn’t expect Jaejoong to want to leave just like that. Ricky was also surprised himself.

“Umm… I guess… You need more rest… Min Jeul ah, Ricky, we’ll just try to come by tonight or tomorrow morning okay? I suppose Jaejoong is really tired, I feel tired myself. We’ll come back tonight or tomorrow.” Yunho said. The two nodded and bid farewell.

As they were walking down the hall way Jaejong was clutching his fists tightly trying to resist a scene here. He wanted to wait until they got to the hotel so that it would cause less of a scene. They got inside the car and Jaejoong was still clutching them together. When they arrived at the hotel they were at the hall way of their floor.

They were on their way to their rooms, just a couple of more rooms to go before Yunho reached his and Jaejoong would reach his own room.

“I can’t wait anymore.” Jaejoong said and Yunho looked at him. As Yunho turned to face Jaejoong he got should have definitely regretted it.

Jaejoong swayed his fist directly towards Yunho’s face hitting him severely making Yunho fall to the ground. Nobody was there to see the incident. Jaejoong didn’t care about security cameras. Jaejoong took the advantage of Yunho still not getting up. He got to Yunho and kept punching him until Yunho couldn’t take it anymore. Not being able to speak Yunho used his strength to push Jaejoong off.

“What the is wrong with you?!” Yunho asked while wiping off the blood from his face. Jaejoong didn’t respond but just charged at Yunho and gave a strong punch to Yunho’s stomach. Yunho had his arms wrapped around his stomach and he felt the deep pain.

“What are you doing Jaejoong?!” Yunho yelled at him. Jaejoong was about to charge one more time and this time Yunho wasn’t able to stop him in any other way but to punch his stomach as well. Jaejoong fell to the ground curled up and crying.

“What’s wrong with you?” Yunho asked a little weaker now. Yunho tried to gasp for air and he sat on the other end to stay away from Jaejoong.

“You bastard…” Jaejoong said with pain.

“What did I do now?” Yunho asked.

“She’s pregnant with your child you bastard! You son of a !” Jaejoong said.

Yunho was shocked to find out that Jaejoong knew. After that Jaejoong got up and Yunho moved back a little afraid that Jaejoong would punch him once more.

“I trusted you for almost half of my life and now you around and betray me. You , you punk! You ing son of a ! I don’t want to see your face and there is now way in hell do I ever want to talk to you. We may see each other for our Dong Bang Shin Ki activities but that’s it. Nothing more, we aren’t friends anymore but just simply co-workers. off my life Jung Yunho!” Jaejoong said and entered his room and slammed the door behind him.

Yunho was still on the ground gasping for air. Now a severe headache approached him. He had more problems than expected. He should never have left Jaejoong alone with Min Jeul and he should’ve listened to what Miryo was trying to tell him the night before, and now this is what he gets for being such an to Jaejoong and not paying any attention to the people around him.