Chapter 8: An Angel In Front Of My Eyes

Wrong Number

“Yunho…” Miryo began. She was a little nervous because she didn’t want Yunho to get mad.

“What is it?” Yunho replied.

“If someone told you that they knew you had a big fat crush on Min Jeul what would you do?” Miryo asked. Yunho was moved by the sudden question.

“Huh? Why would someone think that? I mean, rather, why would someone say that to me? I don’t like her that way. Can I ask why you’re suddenly asking me these weird questions?” Yunho replied. Miryo wasn’t sure on what to say because she was a little caught by now.

“Umm… I don’t know…” she whispered to herself.

“What did you say?” Yunho asked coming a little near her. Miryo moved back and stood up quickly.

“I-I need to go Yunho. It was nice meeting you ma’am. I’ll see you… Some time!” Miryo said and waved goodbye as she briskly walked off.

Miryo went back home and Narsha was sitting there on the couch watching T.V. She turned it off as soon as she saw Miryo walk in.

“So? What happened? Was it really that easy? You’re home too early.” Narsha said.

“Wait! Stop! Listen! I didn’t really get him to speak. I mean, I sort of did.” Miryo said a little confused with what happened earlier. She sort of looked like she was in a panic attack or something. Something was going on between herself.

“Are you okay? You seem nervous or something.” Narsha noticed as well.

“It’s nothing. I just guess I was afraid of almost getting caught.” Miryo reasoned.

“You almost got caught?” Narsha said.

“Come here, let’s talk about this.” Narsha said as she grabbed Miryo’s wrist and sat down on the couch with her. Miryo finally felt a little relaxed.

“I almost got caught. I asked him about what if he got caught. Well, that was my second question actually then that’s when he asked me why I kept on asking questions like that. I said goodbye and quickly walked off. I didn’t want to have to explain why I was asking that cause for sure I might say something that will get me caught.” Miryo said.

“So, what did he say during your first question, whatever it was.” Narsha said.

“He said that Min Jeul was just a younger sister figure to him just like his own sister although I don’t know if he was saying that because I was asking him all those questions or if there was another reason behind it.” Miryo explained what she came to understand. Narsha sighed and looked down.

“So at least we know he doesn’t like Min Jeul. Although we’re not sure, but then again… He does treat her like his little sister so yeah….” Narsha said.

“What will we do about Jaejoong? I don’t think he’ll leave her alone.” Miryo said.

“Well, all we can hope is he does. It’s not like we can call the F.B.I. on him, that’s ridiculous.” Narsha said as both of them decided to lie on the floor.

Over at DBSK’s house things were quiet over there. Nothing much was going on ever since Min Jeul left. Changmin was out, Yunho was still with his grandmother, Junsu was away and so was Yoochun. Jaejoong was all alone in the house. From all the boredom he decided to grab a bottle of wine and drink it all alone. He lay on the ground and kept on drinking while thinking what will happen to him now. Call it exaggeration, call it overreacting but Jaejoong just couldn’t help himself but feel the pain. It was like when Min Jeul came into his life that small slightly opened door of happiness inside of him just broke out leaving the door in pieces. Jaejoong didn’t want to give up but he couldn’t think of how not to. Someone suddenly knocked on the door. Jaejoong stood up and to his surprise it was Min Jeul.

“Min Jeul? What’re you doing here? Who brought you here?” Jaejoong asked as he poked out his head and looked from side to side.

“Nobody!” Min Jeul said with a little excitement. Then she started waving through her face since she could smell the wine from Jaejoong’s mouth.

“I smell some type of alcohol. Are you drinking? Drinking is bad for your health!” Min Jeul said in a cute tone. Jaejoong’s heart just melted when he saw her standing there looking pretty and sounding pretty. Jaejoong was filled in excitement. He let Min Jeul in and he was actually half drunk at the time which he tried to control.

“Why are you all alone? Where are the others?” Min Jeul asked as she kept looking around.

“I don’t know, they all suddenly left.” Jaejoong said.

“Why are you here? If the girls find out you left home without permission again they’ll get really mad at-” Jaejoong was about to continue when he suddenly realized how Min Jeul knew how to get there alone when from what Jaejoong knows is that the only places she knows are the shop at the mall, the park and her home. But how was she to know about DBSK’s house?

“I don’t know… I just suddenly remembered.” Min Jeul said as she jumped on the couch. She turned to the side and saw the bottle of wine. She grabbed it and smelled it and didn’t like it. Jaejoong chuckled and walked near her. He grabbed the bottle from her hand and set it down. They both sat on the couch.

“Ga-In unni actually told me I wasn’t allowed to see you anymore. I don’t know why though… Do you know why?” Min Jeul asked as she looked at Jaejoong. Jaejoong didn’t know what to say. He remembered what Narsha said about telling her the truth but he didn’t want to hurt her at the same time.

“Umm… I don’t know too…” Jaejoong said. He turned to the side and gave a sour face from lying. Min Jeul sighed and got up. Jaejoong got up as well. He seemed to be following every movement Min Jeul was making.

You could say he was getting addicted.

“Jaejoong oppa, can I please stay here?” Min Jeul asked. Jaejoong woke up from what she said.

“What? You want to stay here? Well…” Jaejoong said as he scratched his head. Min Jeul gave puppy eyes and Jaejoong’s heart melted once more.

“Okay. Fine. You can stay.” Jaejoong said. He did have the whole place to himself until the next morning.

“Yay!” Min Jeul said and jumped towards Jaejoong and hugged him. Jaejoong hugged her tightly and he was so happy. As they stopped hugging Min Jeul still had a smile on her face and so did Jaejoong.

“Let’s go to the park!” Min Jeul suggested. Jaejoong nodded his head and grabbed his coat. They headed towards the park and nobody was there. They stayed on the grass and laid there as they watched the stars. Jaejoong kept pointing out some of the stars and what they would look like if they were connected.

They were having so much fun. Min Jeul was smiling and giggling. Jaejoong was feeling so soft inside. Hours after they still laid there feeling a little sleepy now.

“Jaejoong oppa…” Min Jeul called out.

“Yeah?” Jaejoong replied.

“My birthday is tomorrow. Please promise me you’ll spend the whole day with me and only me.” Min Jeul said. Jaejoong smiled from her special request. It was something he’d really loved to do.

“Of course Min Jeul! I do promise to spend the whole day with you and only you.” Jaejoong replied and Min Jeul giggled. Min Jeul was slowly falling asleep and as she did Jaejoong just stared at her. He ran his finger down her soft skin.

Min Jeul’s skin was fragile…Delicate and beautiful. Jaejoong couldn’t believe a girl like her existed. Although mentally challenged she was something Jaejoong was sort of looking for in a girl. If only you weren’t like this… Jaejoong thought in his head. Thinking what were the possibilities in Min Jeul wasn’t mentally challenged like this. As Jaejoong was observing Min Jeul his heart was beating so fast for some reason. He couldn’t help but wonder how someone like him would fall for Min Jeul. Jaejoong wanted his heart to shed and open up just for Min Jeul but he didn’t know how to do so.

Since it was getting pretty late and Jaejoong didn’t want to wake Min Jeul up he decided to carry her going home. As he carried her he kept on thinking if the girls were looking for Min Jeul. He was afraid that they would call the police. Or even worse, just come over to his house and farther take Min Jeul away from Jaejoong just went the striking point was near its end. Jaejoong got home and laid Min Jeul onto the bed she used before when she was still sleeping over at their place. Jaejoong decided to lie next to her. As he did he continued his watch over Min Jeul as she slept. It was like watching an angel sleep face to face.

The next morning Jaejoong woke up extra early to cook something for Min Jeul. He cooked a lot for her. (I don’t intend on mentioning the food no more because I get hungry and I know you do too.) When Min Jeul woke up she smelled the delicious food and briskly walked towards the dining room. Jaejoong was placing the food on the table and looked up as he heard footsteps.

“You’re awake. Well, I made these for you. I hope you like them.” Jaejoong said.

“Of course I do! I always love the food you make! And their always my favorite dishes!” Min Jeul said as she sat down. Jaejoong sat on the chair in front of her.

“Jaejoong oppa, they are even better than before!” Min Jeul said. And this made Jaejoong have a huge smile on his face. Usually these events would happen the other way around, the woman serving the man his favorite dishes and the man loving the dishes and complimenting the person as well as the woman giving out a huge smile after.

“How was your sleep last night? Was it any good? Any amazing dreams? Nightmares?” Jaejoong asked.

Min Jeul shook her head. “A sweet dream I had!” Min Jeul said. Jaejoong was excited to know.

“Who or what was it about?” Jaejoong asked. At this moment Jaejoong was hoping it was him.

“It was about you and me oppa.” Min Jeul said and Jaejoong yelled out a huge yes on the inside and he decided to give a soft smile on the outside not being too obvious about it.

“What was it about?” Jaejoong asked.

“Well…” Min Jeul began.

“I dreamed that we were living in a small house together. That you would cook my favorite food and I would always make your favorite food. Then every day that was what we would do and then Yunho oppa, Junshushi, Changminshi and Yoochunshi would come visit us every day and they would sing for us while we eat. Then Miryo unni, Narsha unni and Ga-In unni would come and visit us every day too. Then Jea unni was nice to me now and she accepted me for who I was.” Min Jeul said. The way she told the dream was as if a child was telling her mother about her sweet dreams.

Jaejoong was overwhelmed by the story. Although during a while earlier when he heard the name Yunho his stomach dropped down and he was a little sick like vomit was about to pop up. Not being on the rude side by Jaejoong wasn’t fond of Yunho at the moment considering what has happened to the both of them. During all of that excitement someone began to bang on the door. It caught both their attentions and Min Jeul was honestly a little scared.

“Who is it?!” Jaejoong yelled out.

“It’s Junsu!” Junsu yelled from the outside.

“Junsushi? Oh! He should try this! I bet you he’ll also like it.” Min Jeul said.

“Okay sure.” Jaejoong said. He got up and quickly unlocked the door. But of course he looked side to side to see if Junsu was with anybody. He grabbed Junsu quickly and shoved him inside the house and quickly locked the door securely.

“Whoa? What’s up with you?” Junsu said as he dropped his things at the side for a while. Jaejoong grabbed the luggage and went straight for the room.

“Yo! Jae! What’s up? Are you okay?” Junsu yelled out. He was taking off his shoes at the moment and when he was about to pass by the room he noticed that there was someone sitting on the dining table. As he walked four steps backwards he saw Min Jeul. Min Jeul waved at Junsu and he gave a weak wave. Junsu knew what the girls were planning but Jaejoong wasn’t aware that Junsu knew. Junsu quickly walked into their room.

“Jaejoong what is Min Jeul doing here? I thought she was going to finally stay over with the girls?” Junsu tried to clarify.

“Ummm… The girls dropped her by because they were busy today so they asked me if I could take care of Min Jeul for the whole day. Plus, it’s her birthday and she requested to spend the whole day with me so I want to complete her birthday wish and consider it as my present to her.” Jaejoong explained. Junsu didn’t buy it a bit for one minute.

“Jaejoong I want to be front and center with you. I already know the situation, Narsha, Ga-In and Miryo already told me. They warned me in case you were trying to think of something sinister.” Junsu said.

“Sinister? That’s a little harsh. Junsu, please promise you won’t tell them Min Jeul is here.” Jaejoong begged and Junsu sighed. He sat on his bed and clenched both his hands together and closing it tightly.

“Jaejoong, as much I would want to help you and your love life over Min Jeul I cannot do that. I know what the difference between right and wrong is and I think if I continue to let you just go with the flow something bad might happen and I don’t want something like that to happen at all.” Junsu said.

“So are you trying to say you’ll tell the girls?” Jaejoong tried to clarify.

“Yes, apparently I have to Jae. No matter how hard it is you’ll have to comply with it.” Junsu explained. Jaejoong sighed.

“Junsu I can’t do that. It’s too hard. Just not seeing her and being able to think about her is hard enough. Please don’t make me suffer some more than I already am.” Jaejoong begged.

“I can’t promise you that either way Jaejoong. I might not be the one to tell the girls but I have to tell Yoochun, Yunho and Changmin and for sure one of them will talk.” Junsu said.

“Junsu please! I’m begging you! I’d go on my knees just for you to say yes.” Jaejoong asked as he clutched both his hands together in hope and nervousness. Junsu was starting to think about it.

“Just leave me out of it. If anybody asks, I know nothing.” Junsu said and Jaejoong let out a loud yes. This time it was vocally and not mentally. Jaejoong was excited and the birthday party was just about to start between Jaejoong and Min Jeul’s one day one whole date. What would probably happen during that time?