THE DORM RACE

For You In Full Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Who is that?" I whispered to our table.

Kyungsoo was the one who answered. "That is Professor Lee Kwang Soo. He's the Vice Principal and Warden of the dorm. Everyone calls him Professor Kwang Soo, but we just called him girin."

I snorted. "As in the giraffe?"

Kai nodded excitedly. "Yeah, he's so tall, but he's awkward as hell. He kept tripping over his long feet and fell down a lot."

Taemin shushed our gossip group. "Quiet guys. Professor Kwang Soo turning up here could only be one thing."

All the other guys at my table sat up straighter at that. In fact, the whole students in the hall had abandoned their dinner and focused at the newcomer with a sense of barely contained excitement. I followed their leads and waited for the professor to speak.

"The next race will be on this coming Friday."

I jumped in my seat when the whole hall erupted with loud roars around me. Luhan and Xiumin were hugging each other and swayed from side to side in their seats. Kai, Kyungsoo and Taemin managed a group hug over the table. Lay got up and thumped me a few times on my back.

"What's happening?" I asked in a daze.

Lay couldn't stop smiling. "The race is here, woohoo." he yelled.

I still did not get any clarification from that. The hall was now buzzing with excited chatters and students milling around until the professor held up his hand and all noise ceased down.

"The race is a marathon." Professor Kwang Soo announced.

The tables at the front of the hall exploded with joy. I recognised Eunhyuk, the leader of Dorm 1 sitting there. I guess they must be the Sports dorm then.

"What's the prize?" Somebody yelled from behind me.

Everybody seemed to hold their breaths at that. I unconsciously followed even though I have no idea at all what was happening at the moment.

Professor Kwang Soo was all smiles now. He paused for a second before saying, "Weekend off-campus starting the next day of the race."

The dining hall seemed to go crazy at the moment. Some jumped out of their seats and high-fived each other. A few were hugging their neighbors and screamed in joy. I was so taken aback at their reactions. Granted, the students of Sky High were forbidden to go out on weekends until the official dates, which was on school holidays. I guess having cooped up with the same every single day will bring out their weird sides.

"So," Professor Kwang Soo continued, "I declared the race starts now." He winked. "Good luck guys." And he left.

Kai sat down and turned towards me. "You're lucky you transferred today. Now you'll find out how awesome Dorm 2 is."

I opened my mouth to ask what it's all about when Suho cut me off with a "Dorm meeting!" yell. It seemed like all the leaders had called for a meeting as well, becaus

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter