THE INTRODUCTION

For You In Full Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I headed down the hallway in search of my new locker. It was situated on the second floor at the end of the west corridor. I placed my folder in the locker when I found it and scanned my surrounding.

 

The school looked so much bigger from the inside. I could see a garden bathed in sunlight out of the window. A large tree stood in the middle with benches surrounding it. The atmosphere seemed tranquil and serene, or maybe it's because class was still in session. I'm guessing it will be a different story once break time comes over.

 

I put my backpack into my locker and grabbed my books and timetable. I scanned the paper, I need to be in room 2B for homeroom. I slammed the locker door and spun the dial before heading away.

 

I started to feel nervous again when I got near room 2B but I decided to just face it head on by pushing the door opened and stepped into the room before my nerves threatened to show again.

 

The subdued talk ceased immediately. I didn't dare to look around and only had eyes for the teacher who stood behind his desk. He looked taken aback for a moment, eyeing me up and down before turning to look somewhere where the students sat. I fidgeted nervously. I knew this was a bad idea.

 

Anybody who looked at me will know for sure I'm a girl. My face was girly enough, what with my long eyelashes and pinkish lips. It didn't help that my cheeks were quite round and squishy-looking. The only boyish part on me was my hair, because seriously, it's like rule no 1 in B&E an all-boys school, get yourself a haircut. I nearly, nearly backed out when the stylist brought his scissors near my long, glorious mane.

 

But the end result, I'm proud to say I looked handsome in a pretty way, well, that's what the stylist was saying. Me, I was still in shock over my lost hair that were scattered all over the floor.

 

But then the teacher only sighed and held out his hand. "Are you a new student?"

 

I kinda nodded, I think.

 

"Please introduce yourself to the class"

 

Can't I not? I slowly turned to face the class, keeping my head down. It was so quiet and i was sweating bullets again.

 

"My name is Lee Haneul. I'm from Busan. Nice to meet you."

 

Nobody said a thing. I chanced a glance upwards and quickly looked down again. They're all staring at me, I thought to myself. They knew I'm a girl. Goodbye me, it's fun while it lasted.

 

I flinched when somebody started wolf-whistling. "Woah, this guy looks like a total babe."

 

Laughter erupted. Then somebody was saying, "Looks like Luhan has a competition." There were loud guffaws around the class.

 

"I'm manly!"

 

I'm guessing that was Luhan. Now i'm dead curious. Was my secret safe? Why was nobody pointing out that i'm a girl? And who is this Luhan and why did he have to yell that he's manly?

 

I tried to search for Luhan over the noise that was climbing again, but the teacher placed his hand on my shoulder and told me to go and sit. I thanked him and scanned for an empty seat, great, there's two empty ones at the back of the class.

 

I kept my eyes on the seat, and nearly face-planted to the floor before my hand shot out automatically and grabbed something t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter