THE TRUTH ABOUT KAI

For You In Full Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I roped in Chen n Baekhyun's help in locating Kai's position. It wasn't that hard actually, they're all but jumped on top of each other when I proposed the plan. They were so eager and their enthusiasm in helping me nearly brought tears to my eyes, only to have it all shattered when Chanyeol, who was a little jealous I didn't invited him along, spilled the beans on them. Chen n Baekhyun were dying to use their stupid newly-arrived spy gadgets on the recon mission. 

 

 

But the stupid gadgets did serve their purpose.

 

 

I found out Kai's been practicing in one of the seldom used training room. No wonder Sehun and Lay couldn't tell me anything about Kai, they have no clue whatsoever. 

 

 

And now I feel guilty for cursing at Lay in my mind. That poor clueless, absentminded, forgetful unicorn. 

 

 

Since Kai always vanished when he sensed I was within his distance, I sent the troublemakers in. Chen calmly walked into Kai's room as the latter just finished his business in the toilet. He distracted Kai with something while Baekhyun planted a tracking device in his backpack. 

 

 

Things went smoothly from there.

 

 

We huddled on my bed, Chen's holding on to a device, while we watched the screen with bated breath. The dot, representing Kai, moved out of his room and headed into the school's ground. 

 

 

"He's going to the Music Room" Baekhyun uttered excitedly. 

 

 

"No, he's not. Look, he didn't enter that building, he walked straight on" Chen exclaimed, pointing to the screen.

 

 

I narrowed my eyes, watching the dot finally stopped moving. "Which building is that?" I pointed to the screen.

 

 

Chen bit his lip in concentration, trying to determine the position. Baekhyun tapped his chin, eyes glued to the screen.

 

 

"That's the Art Department building" said a voice behind us, causing Baekhyun and I to squeak in fright.

 

 

"Sehun, didn't know you're knowledgeable in this espionage stuff" Chen said, grinning amiably.

 

 

Sehun rolled his eyes. "You mean snooping"

 

 

Chen waved the insult away. "You have quite the talent there. Wanna join the force?"

 

 

"No thanks. I don't get much enjoyment from voyeurism"

 

 

"Art Department, huh? Got you now, Kai" I smirked, standing up from our huddle on the bed and started to put on my hoodie. 

 

 

"Where are you going?" Sehun demanded, watching me tugged on a black beanie on top of my head. 

 

 

"I'll be back later, I gotta go catch an eel. I promise to study when I get back, okay?" I said as I hurriedly slipped my feet into my sneakers and ran out of the room, missing the solemn look on Sehun's face.

 

 

I ran until I got outside of the Art Department building, pausing on the steps to catch my breath. I forgot to look which part of the building Kai was in, so I walked around on the first floor, trying to muffle the squeaks my sneakers made in the silent hallway. I heard the faint sound of music and decided to follow it and arrived at the end of the hallway.

 

 

The door was plain, nothing noticeable from it, but the sound of bass vibrated all around me, proving Kai was at the other side of this door. I took a deep breath before placing my hand at the knob and twisted it opened.

 

 

Kai was dancing in the middle of the room, facing a large mirror on the wall, his eyes closed as he let his body moved to the music. I stood in the doorway, transfixed by the view in front of me.

 

 

I knew Kai was a good dancer, he even shamelessly admitted it himself once or twice, but this was the first time I truly watched him in all his glory. The way his body moved fluidly along to the music was like watching a silk cloth fluttering down to the floor. I was mesmerised as I let myself lost in his moves.

 

 

"Haneul?"

 

 

I snapped out of the daze and realised the silent enveloping me. The music had been turned off and Kai was looking at me, hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter