THE APOLOGY PROCESSION

For You In Full Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I didn't know which was worst, waking up and finding Sehun not in the room or waking up and finding Lay and Kyungsoo in the room, sitting by the door, consulting a clipboard between them.

 

 

"What are you guys doing?" I asked reluctantly, slowly sitting up on my bed.

 

 

Lay's head snapped up and he flashed me a bright smile, dimple included. "Oh, good morning Haneul. We're just helping you"

 

 

I continued looking at them in a total loss.

 

 

Kyungsoo piped up from his spot next to Lay. "You see, after last night, most of them wanted to talk to you but you crashed out after Kai brought you back from the clinic. So today, they're waiting to see you."

 

 

I nodded hesitantly, my brain still fuzzy with sleep. "Uh huh. So...where do you guys come in all of this?"

 

 

Lay brandished the clipboard to me. "We're directing traffic, see?"

 

 

Kyungsoo's eyes glinted. "Anyone who wants to speak to you was asked to put down their names here. After how they treated you, they have no right to simply barge in and say sorry"

 

 

"Like how you guys did?"

 

 

Kyungsoo cocked his brow. "Let's not sweat the details, shall we?"

 

 

"Right..." I drawled. "Could you guys give me a minute? I need to complete my morning routine before I take any guest"

 

 

They waved me away, already getting back to the clipboard. By the looks of it, I'm gonna be entertaining a lot of guest. How swell!

 

 

 Kai had joined me after I stepped out of the bathroom. He banged on the door and demanded to be let in, claiming he already paid his dues last night. Kyungsoo opened the door a crack and pulled him in, then quickly closed the door.

 

 

It's gonna be a long day.

 

 

"Hey, Haneul" he waved, but my eyes zeroed in to the sandwich in his hand. "How's your leg?"

 

 

"No idea. Hand over the sandwich"

 

 

Kai bounded closer, laughing softly and gave me the food. I nearly ripped his hand off when I grabbed it and proceeded to tear the wrapper violently.

 

 

"Jeez slow down. Good thing I came here prepared" he muttered as he settled down on Sehun's chair. 

 

 

"I'm hungry. Next time I have to make sure I'm full as a tick before anyone can hassle me"

 

 

I said those words on a whim, but the silence that greeted me was so heavy I had to pause myself from devouring the sandwich. "What?"

 

 

"You don't joke about those kind of things" Lay said with a hard voice.

 

 

"Some people are just the same idiotic person, no matter when she's pretending to be a boy or a girl" Kyungsoo tsked at me.

 

 

I raised my brows, watching both of them shook their heads. I turned and looked at Kai but he's glowering at me.

 

 

"Haneul" 

 

 

He only uttered my name, but all the pains and his emotions were heavily laced in it.

 

 

I felt my cheeks heated up, suddenly ashamed of my insensitive joke. "Sorry" I mumbled.

 

 

"That's okay. Have you finish eating? The crowds getting restless, you know?" Lay called out, breaking the tension in the room.

 

 

I quickly stuffed the rest of the sandwich into my mouth and chewed vigorously. Kai handed me a bottle of water that he took from the table.

 

 

"This is Sehun's" I said with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter