RACE START!

For You In Full Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To say that I was nervous would be the understatement of the year. The marathon was about to start in a few minutes and we're all gathered in the field. But I was also feeling sick and tired, maybe I shouldn't have trained last night, I thought as I stifled another yawn.

But everything came down to this to make up my debts to Sehun. How would I be able to win the marathon if I didn't double the effort? How am I going to win a marathon against guys in general if I just kept to my pace?

So, with a renewed determination, I psyched myself up. I glanced over at Kai who was stretching next to me and frowned.

He's acting weird again. Always avoiding me and he looked extra scary today. His jaw was set and fire ablaze in his eyes as he held on to Kyungsoo and stretched his legs. Maybe I'll just talk to him after the race, I thought tiredly. Let's just get this over with so I can go to sleep for like 2 days.

"Hey Haneul, you look tired. You okay?"

I looked up from my stretching and saw 2 guys from Dorm 3 smiling brightly at me.

"I'm Chansung, and this is Lee Joon." They introduced themselves.

I nodded. What's this about, I wondered.

Lee Joon handed me a drink and I raised a brow. He grabbed my hand and forced the can into my hand and smiled when I took it.

"You look tired, we thought we'd cheer you up and brought you something to drink." Chansung pointed at the the can in my hand.

"Well aren't you gonna drink it? We meant well." Lee Joon pouted.

I shrugged and took a sip of the drink. I was about to take another when Professor Kwang Soo stepped onto the podium and cleared his throat.

I handed back the can to Lee Joon and turned towards the front. Out of the corner of my eyes, I saw Chansung and Lee Joon walking away, bickering in hushed tones.

Professor Kwang Soo flashed a smile at us. "Alright guys, before we start the marathon, I would like to say a few words."

Students who had came to watch the race cheered loudly from the bleachers. Lucky kids, I grumbled, they're shaded from the hot sun. I saw Chanyeol stood up and yelled "Dorm 2, fighting!" as he waved at us happily.

"I hope you can take this experience and treasure it for the rest of your life. It's not abou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter