THE RACE CONTINUES

For You In Full Bloom
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
A. N. This is a double update

 

I paced myself just like I trained so I won't ran out of energy so early in the marathon. Marathon was about stamina and endurance and I'm proud to say I have both. But I'm still competing with the opposite so endurance was all I'm banking on now.

I managed to placed myself with the top 5 group along with Kai, Minho, Taekyeon and Eunhyuk when the dull throb in my head began pounding loudly as we reached the quarter of the race.

I ignored the headache and kept pushing my feet to move. My lungs burned and my calf felt like they were on fire but I dared not to stop moving or slowing down. I was afraid I might stop altogether if I change my pace now.

Halfway through the race, I paused on the side of the street to throw up. Kai, who was behind me, slowed down to a jog and gave me a concerned look. I waved him away to show that I'm okay.

I ran as fast as I can after wiping my mouth on my sleeve to catch up with them. The other runners were not that far back and I needed to made up for lost time.

Kai ran paralleled to me and yelled, "Yah! You should stop. You don't look so good"

I shook my and focused on the street. I can't afford to give up now.

Apparently, Kai didn't get the clue. He jogged faster and turned towards me, running backwards. "Hey, you really need to stop. You look like death." He sounded scared as he examined my face.

"I can't." I said huffily, trying to breath and ignored the headache at the same time. "I've promised him I would win this."

Kai looked confused. "Who?"

I ran harder and passed him by. "Sehun."

As we entered the field in the school for our final lap, I seriously doubted I will be able to finish this. I was feeling sick the whole time and my headache had been upgraded to a full-blown migraine. My stomach wasn't feeling any better and I felt like throwing up again.

I realised I was chanting 'for Sehun, for Sehun' in my head the whole time as we made our way towards the finish line. There's only 500 meters to go and I pushed myself with everything that I've got.

I passed over Minho who was in second place and saw there's another person at the front. Taekyeon, I thought. Must take over Taekyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter